Babar Azam and Haris Sohail.

What do you guys think of these two PAK players ? Babar made his debut yesterday vs Zimbabwe at home, and made 54 (60) on debut. His List A average is 48.02 at a SR of 78.66 I think some of you guys may have seen him at U19 level, in the 2010 and 2012 World Cups. I think along with Unmukt Chand, he was one of the stars in those competitions. Can bowl some offspin as well. Haris has been there for a while, he looked good in WC but was throwing away his starts, he seems to have improved on that front though. Recent scores are 41, 51, 44, 52, 89*, 52* Technically sound, plays some good looking strokes. ODI record: Average 42.43, Strike rate 82.86 List A record: Average 40.37, Strike rate 85.42 Thoughts ?

What do you guys think of these two PAK players ? Babar made his debut yesterday vs Zimbabwe at home, and made 54 (60) on debut. His List A average is 48.02 at a SR of 78.66 I think some of you guys may have seen him at U19 level, in the 2010 and 2012 World Cups. I think along with Unmukt Chand, he was one of the stars in those competitions. Can bowl some offspin as well. Haris has been there for a while, he looked good in WC but was throwing away his starts, he seems to have improved on that front though. Recent scores are 41, 51, 44, 52, 89*, 52* Technically sound, plays some good looking strokes. ODI record: Average 42.43, Strike rate 82.86 List A record: Average 40.37, Strike rate 85.42 Thoughts ?
Now that pak has made a decision, they should stick to these talents for a longer period.....one or 2 failures should not create the insecurities in the minds of the young talent.....otherwise, they will wither away.....Having said this, it's very unlikely Pak board back these players for a longer periods.....Pak need a captain like imran khan...who will back the players .....he has given players like wasim, imzamam and others.... Haris looks like a very good batsmen....yeah...he is throwing away his wicket but thats what young players do......Pak needs to stick with him for atleast 2 years before he starts delivering those consistent centuries .....I have followed kohli's career .....he used to do the same thing....but he has fixed that....understood what works and what's not .......and finally he is one of the top players in world cricket now Haris along with sowmya sarkar (bangladesh) are existing prospects for me

I liked the technique of Haris Sohail during the WC matches. As someone has mentioned Pakistan should stick to them, the test is not only for these two batsmen but also it is the test for coach and mentors, you have the talent now get most out of them.

I thought Hammad azam is a better talent. Where is he?
Hammad was good in the 2010 U19 WC, but has disappointed at international level. He was selected for ZIM odis, but team management does not trust his bowling capabilities at all, so he gets only 3-4 ovs per game; he got a chance to bat in 3rd ODI, but played a hack shot and got out. Still early days, but an average of 16 with the bat and 81 with the ball in 11 games does not bode well. Babar, on the other hand is a proper batsman, who can bowl part time offspin. He was only 16 when he played the U19 WC in 2010, and ended up as leading runscorer of the tournament and has since then been touted as a future prospect.

Azam looks a very good batsmen . A rare proper batsmen I have seen from Pak in a while . Harris is good on SC tracks , but his game on bouncy tracks is suspect , but he can be a very good ODI player for Pak in LOIs . Hammad has regressed big time , may be he was never that good and one of those players who look great at age group level .

Harris looked impressive from what I have seen thus far. Pak management needs to stick with him for a couple of years as gakgupta said. Will pay dividends as he is someone who seems to understand the dynamics of modern day LOI cricket unlike his team mates. I rate him as a much better prospect than Selfie. No opinion on Babar, need to see more of him.