Babar Azam and Haris Sohail.

5th ODI Hundred for Babar yesterday in 25 One Days, 4 Against West Indies 1 Against Australia. 

Also has an 80odd against NZ in NZ back in 2016 january, while another 80odd against Australia in Australia. 

Last year he made 90 in test match against NZ with grit on a track where wickets were falling regularly. 

So Babar has established himself but Harris got injured on a very bad time however has recovered now and is trying to get back, With Misbah and YK going. Harris Sohail maybe can come back into the team. 

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

5th ODI Hundred for Babar yesterday in 25 One Days, 4 Against West Indies 1 Against Australia. 

Also has an 80odd against NZ in NZ back in 2016 january, while another 80odd against Australia in Australia. 

Last year he made 90 in test match against NZ with grit on a track where wickets were falling regularly. 

So Babar has established himself but Harris got injured on a very bad time however has recovered now and is trying to get back, With Misbah and YK going. Harris Sohail maybe can come back into the team. 

Babar looks decent.  Looks like he's going to have carry that batting lineup for a while.  Where are the other batting prospects for Pakistan?

Bad sign when Kamran Akmal, Hafeez and Shehzad are your next best batsmen after Babar.  And as much as Pak fans like to show love to "aggressive" Sarfraz, he's a lower order bat who can get you singles and an odd boundary - not really top 5 bat material.  

I rate Haris Sohail higher than Babar Azam. Azam is a bit too slow for my liking and even if he's there forever he struggles to get his SR up to 100. Better teams will exploit this weakness. haris on the other hand looks like a player who once gets set would be difficult to stop and will score at a very brisk pace. Both of them need to be persisted with as they are a huge improvement over the likes of Akmals, Hafeez, Malik etc.

43 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Babar looks decent.  Looks like he's going to have carry that batting lineup for a while.  Where are the other batting prospects for Pakistan?

Bad sign when Kamran Akmal, Hafeez and Shehzad are your next best batsmen after Babar.  And as much as Pak fans like to show love to "aggressive" Sarfraz, he's a lower order bat who can get you singles and an odd boundary - not really top 5 bat material. 

Usman Salahuddin is like Azhar Ali watch out for him in test matches very rock solid gritty batsman tailor made for test cricket, Sami Aslam also solid test opener but dropped for unknown reasons.

Sharjeel was doing alright in limited overs before screwing up bad.

Other batsmen who are rated highly are Saud Shakeel (Recent U19 Left Handed Batsman), Saad Ali another left handed middle order batsman who has been performing and will get his chance soon, Ahsan Ali is a right handed opening batsman from Karachi.

43 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I rate Haris Sohail higher than Babar Azam. Azam is a bit too slow for my liking and even if he's there forever he struggles to get his SR up to 100. Better teams will exploit this weakness. haris on the other hand looks like a player who once gets set would be difficult to stop and will score at a very brisk pace. Both of them need to be persisted with as they are a huge improvement over the likes of Akmals, Hafeez, Malik ee

Harris Sohail is my favorite player. 

I have been watching him from a long time even before international debut, He won Sialkot Stallions alot of matches. And has scored very very heavily in FC Cricket even under difficult conditions.

But needs Sometime I think, Has been out of cricket for 2 years with surgery.

43 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I rate Haris Sohail higher than Babar Azam. Azam is a bit too slow for my liking and even if he's there forever he struggles to get his SR up to 100. Better teams will exploit this weakness. haris on the other hand looks like a player who once gets set would be difficult to stop and will score at a very brisk pace. Both of them need to be persisted with as they are a huge improvement over the likes of Akmals, Hafeez, Malik ee

I have been watching him from a long time even before international debut, He won Sialkot Stallions alot of matches. And has scored very very heavily in FC Cricket even under difficult conditions.

That's a long time not to be playing cricket.   Won't be easy for him to make a comeback.

2 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

If you see both Haris and Azam bat, you can see Haris a more natural strokeplayer and can easily score off nearly every delivery. I would back them both but if I had to pick one, it would be Haris.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's a long time not to be playing cricket.   Won't be easy for him to make a comeback.

Yes he was struggling in the PSL. Needs match experience and practice, But too good a player to miss out. When he played against Adam Milne pulled his 152kph ball with easily while others seemed dud.

Also Haris Sohail has been brought up by Shoaib Malik who himself is a very much sensible guy, Haris has good work ethic and works hard on his batting.

6 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If you see both Haris and Azam bat, you can see Haris a more natural strokeplayer and can easily score off nearly every delivery. I would back them both but if I had to pick one, it would be Haris.

Haris is more compact and solid compared to Babar, Babar is loose sometimes and has lazy elegance. 

But Haris Sohail is more compact. 

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Babar Azam will be an average test player. It's difficult for an average FC player to be successful at test level. Doubt that you'll find a player with FC average of 37 averaging in 40s in test cricket.

Would like to see him play a match winning innings against a half decent ODI unit before anointing him as a world class ODI bat as well.

Pakistanis don't know how to hold a bat, no matter how well they start their career, in the end they will turn out to be a phateechar batsman, there is no two ways about it. UAE khan  (their greatest test batsman :phehe: ) has a lower average than Saurav Ganguly outside asia and Pakistani  worship UAE khan :laugh1: while Ganguly wouldn't even make it to the Indian ATG side as a batsman #TailuntIsTailuntYaar :giggle:

5 hours ago, kira said:

Pakistanis don't know how to hold a bat, no matter how well they start their career, in the end they will turn out to be a phateechar batsman, there is no two ways about it. UAE khan  (their greatest test batsman :phehe: ) has a lower average than Saurav Ganguly outside asia and Pakistani  worship UAE khan :laugh1: while Ganguly wouldn't even make it to the Indian ATG side as a batsman #TailuntIsTailuntYaar:giggle:

What a garbage post. 

The guy averages 50 in England and Australia. Has a test century against ALL test playing nations.

Moderators how can you let alone such a pathetic poster troll around?

What a garbage post. 

The guy averages 50 in England and Australia. Has a test century against ALL test playing nations.

Kira is way over the top as usual.  But same way we allow that greenbro troll Sajid rana to keep posting BS.  ICF is extremely lightly moderated.  Lets keep it that way.  Live free or die! :p:

Btw, UAE Khan is definitely over-rated.  Good batsman, but nowhere near great.

Edited by sandeep
47 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

What a garbage post. 

Kyun ro rha hai? You don't like facts? Just see for yourself, UAE khan has a lower average than both laxman and ganguly outside asia

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=1000;qualval1=runs;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=batting