Wimbledon 2015

bones

Nadal through to second round..phew.. Yes. The kind of form he is in' date=' even this is news.[/quote'] I watched some of this match and the standard was way below where Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka and Federer were. Beluci played awful, I mean truly awful and Nadal was slightly better. I've seen enough to suggest I would be shocked if Nadal manages to go deep. He could improve of course, he is standing closer to return as well, but the level of play from him was low.

Nadal through to second round..phew.. Yes. The kind of form he is in' date=' even this is news.[/quote'] Nadal's level was very poor yesterday. He will have to make vast improvements to have any sort of impact in this tournament.

Nadal's level was very poor yesterday. He will have to make vast improvements to have any sort of impact in this tournament.
Didn't watch match myself but read below article in Guardian. So I was relatively happy. Rafael Nadal offers timely reminder of talents in win over Thomaz Bellucci http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/30/rafael-nadal-wimbledon-first-round-thomaz-bellucci

Didn't watch match myself but read below article in Guardian. So I was relatively happy. Rafael Nadal offers timely reminder of talents in win over Thomaz Bellucci http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/30/rafael-nadal-wimbledon-first-round-thomaz-bellucci
People often go by the scoreline. I watched the whole match and he actually played a poor match. Sometimes the scoreline can be very deceiving. For example, he played better against Kyrigos last year in a loss than he did yesterday. If he can't improve from what I saw yesterday reaching QF would be an achievement. His serve was poor and the FH lacked consistency and depth. He again got broken while serving for a set, so the mental side has also not improved. All in all it was a very scratchy performance.

Of all the top players Nadal's performance was the worst. I still think he can make it to r4/r5. There are some guys who could beat him before then but not sure in this weather they'll be able to. How Nadal gets past the QF and then SF I'm not sure. Verdasco vs Wawrinka potentially, that could have been a great match, but Verdasco has play 2 5 set matches in some serious heat and Wawrinka looks like he's going to win easy again.

Nadal playing poorly against Dustin Brown. Hope he doesn't lose to this joker looking player.
You're a disgrace. Someone should ban you. Nadal was poor in his first match, in this one he was average but not as poor. But credit goes to who you call a joker, Brown has just played the most entertaining set of tennis since set 3 2011 Us Open final. I've thoroughly enjoyed this set of tennis. Brown has played highly aggressive, extremely aggressive and effective tennis. Some of the shots have been incredible. Not sure he can maintain level of tennis.

You're a disgrace. Someone should ban you. Nadal was poor in his first match, in this one he was average but not as poor. But credit goes to who you call a joker, Brown has just played the most entertaining set of tennis since set 3 2011 Us Open final. I've thoroughly enjoyed this set of tennis. Brown has played highly aggressive, extremely aggressive and effective tennis. Some of the shots have been incredible. Not sure he can maintain level of tennis.
And he wins the second set...

Nadal's game is based around his FH. It is just not working. It is unreal how many easy FHs he misses these days. That puts him under pressure all the time and he makes other mistakes on crucial points like back to back DF to donate a break.