Whole Foods motto: I can't make enough money by lying

Brainfade

When I can't make enough money by lying about the benefits of the products I sell, I just cheat on their weights. http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/25/news/companies/whole-foods-overcharging/

New York officials said that its investigation of 80 different types of pre-packaged products found none had correct weights, and that that 89% of packages violated federal rules for how much a package can deviate from actual weight. The overcharges ranged from 80 cents for a package of pecan panko to $14.84 for a package of coconut shrimp. Among the other findings: • Vegetable platters priced at $20 per package were overpriced by $2.50 on average. One package was overpriced by $6.15. • Chicken tenders were overpriced by an average $4.13 a package. • Packages of berries, going for $8.58, were overpriced, on average, by $1.15 a package.
:clap:

Negative marks to US in my short-list of countries to emigrate to :mad: This is daylight robbery.
In US at least they find these. In India we have petrol mixed with kerosene , less fuel dis pension, no weight checks for kirana stores. Now we have fruits coated with wax to appeal which cause lot issues.

In US at least they find these. In India we have petrol mixed with kerosene ' date=' less fuel dis pension, no weight checks for kirana stores. Now we have fruits coated with wax to appeal which cause lot issues.[/quote'] We have almost all the laws that are there in US about weights,quality,etc - enforcement is the issue as most people don't even complain to authorities.Anyway, I would have expected US companies not to engage in these practices in first place but apparently they are equally profit-minded :(( Fruits coated with wax is Global practice to prevent shrivelling and weight loss. There are US patents too for that. If it is the type of wax being used i.e unapproved , then there is an issue. http://www.bestapples.com/facts/facts_waxing.aspx

In US at least they find these. In India we have petrol mixed with kerosene ' date=' less fuel dis pension, no weight checks for kirana stores. Now we have fruits coated with wax to appeal which cause lot issues.[/quote'] .....and Milk laced with white paint, caustic soda, detergent, shampoo, urea, starch and blotting paper. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2569653/Supreme-Court-pushes-milk-adulterers-life-prison.html

In US at least they find these. In India we have petrol mixed with kerosene ' date=' less fuel dis pension, no weight checks for kirana stores. Now we have fruits coated with wax to appeal which cause lot issues.[/quote'] US is model country , many democracies will love to have people having USA standard of living.It is pity that now people are comparing it with country like India