Yakub Memon to Hang On July 30 for India's Deadliest Terror Attack

Gollum

Our patriotic heroes have started this campaign already.. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/asaduddin-owaisi-says-yakub-memon-being-hanged-because-hes-a-muslim/1/453625.html

owaisi_647_072315104552.jpgYakub Memon being hanged because he's a Muslim: Asaduddin Owaisi Owaisi said killers of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh are not being executed because of political pressure. IndiaToday.in Hyderabad, July 23, 2015 Muslims are aware of RSS double game, says Asaduddin Owaisi Raising questions over 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon's expected hanging, All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday said Memon is being punished because of his religion. Addressing a public gathering in Hyderabad, Owaisi said Memon, who is likely to be hanged on July 30, accused the Centre of indulging in religious discrimination and said the government should execute all death row convicts. Owaisi said killers of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh are not being executed because of political pressure. "The killers of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh have the backing of political parties in Tamil Nadu and Punjab. Which political party is backing Yakub Memon? Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab has gone to the extent of pardoning Balwant Singh Rajoana," Owaisi said. Raking up the Babri Masjid issue, the Hyderabab MP said thousands of people were killed in communal riots following the demolition of Babri Majid, many officers were booked under serious chanrges but none were convicted. Later, talking to India Today TV, Owaisi said he is not against the court's verdict in Memon's case but the circumstances leading to his death penalty can not be ignored. Earlier, in a last-ditch effort to avoid execution of his death sentence, Yakub Memon, the lone death row convict in the 1993 Bombay serial blasts that left 257 dead and over 700 injured, filed mercy petition to Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao. The move came after the Supreme Court rejected his curative petition, the last legal remedy available to avoid execution of death sentence. A three judge bench headed by Chief Justice HL Dattu rejected Memon's plea, saying that the grounds raised by him do not fall within the principles laid down by the apex court in 2002 for deciding curative petitions. Memon, in his plea, had claimed he was suffering from schizophrenia since 1996 and remained behind the bars for nearly 20 years. He had sought commutation of death penalty contending that a convict cannot be awarded life term and the extreme penalty simultaneously for the same offence. The apex court said, "The petitioner has raised certain grounds in the curative petition which would not fall within the principles laid down in the case of Rupa Ashok Hurra vs Ashok Hurra. The apex court had on April 9 this year dismissed Memon's petition seeking review of his death sentence which was upheld on March 21, 2013. President Pranab Mukherjee had earlier rejected his mercy petition in May 2014. The Supreme Court, while upholding the death sentence to Memon, a chartered accountant by profession, on March 21, 2013, described him as the "driving spirit" behind the carnage that followed the communal riots of 1992. The Supreme Court had also upheld the life sentence awarded to 23 others, including Yakub brother Essa, who was found guilty of conspiracy and allowing the use of his flat at Al-Hussaini building at Mahim for meetings to plan the blasts and storing arms and ammunition, and sister-in-law Rubina, who arranged finances and allowed her car to be used by terrorists for carrying co-conspirators, arms, ammunition and explosives. Yakub was arrested on August 6, 1994 when he arrived at Delhi Airport from Kathmandu. He had claimed he felt remorse and wanted to surrender.
250+ people died and all criminals and those who helped should be hanged. Why be lenient?

I don't think you followed my point. I am not saying he is innocent. There is ofcourse clear cut evidence against him. But here is a man who left his family and came back when he didn't have to. Why ? He gave the info on Tiger and ISI including whereabouts. What is message we are sending to others like him who might want to surrender ?
+1. I feel he has been double crossed. Before his arrest was officially announced, there were reports that he was considering surrender and coming back to India. I think Indian intelligence agencies reached out to him and offered kind of a plea bargain in return for information. Even then, I was thinking "why did this guy trust the Indian authorities and put his life at risk?" He probably expected to let off after 5-7 years and probably never thought he would be made the fall guy for the out of reach tiger and dawood. Yakub Memon could have lived out his life in UAE or Pakistan but chose to come back to India. Why? Maybe he thought he wasn't safe in Pakistan?

No matter where they are' date=' Muslims love playing the victim card. It's almost as if they find it unfair when they aren't allowed to boss other religions around.[/quote'] That's because they are so used to getting special treatment for 60 years of Congress rule. Due to their name, they could get jobs, money and even beat the legal system. Instead of working hard and get integrated into the society, many have become socially disintegrated. No wonder, they are very regressive and incomparable with modern society norms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_offenders_executed_in_India So far(from Sep 1947 till 2015) 169 people have been hanged. Only 15 are Muslims. How can Owaisi bring religion here? Crazy to allow people like him in Parliament.
94% of people sentenced to death for terror crimes have been Dalits or minorities. It's in their deaths that the collective conscience of the country is satisfied. When it comes to assassins of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh it is okay for state governments to argue clemency. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Heres-proof-that-poor-get-gallows-rich-mostly-escape/articleshow/48151696.cms

That's because they are so used to getting special treatment for 60 years of Congress rule. Due to their name' date=' they could get jobs, money and even beat the legal system. Instead of working hard and get integrated into the society, many have become socially disintegrated. No wonder, they are very regressive and incomparable with modern society norms.[/quote'] It's not just India, but they exhibit the same victim complex worldwide.

94% of people sentenced to death for terror crimes have been Dalits or minorities. It's in their deaths that the collective conscience of the country is satisfied. When it comes to assassins of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh it is okay for state governments to argue clemency. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Heres-proof-that-poor-get-gallows-rich-mostly-escape/articleshow/48151696.cms
I guess because assassins were rich and Hindus ?

Probably a sign that the "majority" in India is the sanest and least likely to indulge in such activities.

Does minorites list include Pakistanis?

Writes former Supreme Court judge Justice Harjit Singh Bedi in a letter to The Indian Express - How to rectify injustice to Yakub? SC should take suo motu notice of Raman piece http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/how-to-rectify-injustice-to-yakub-sc-should-take-suo-motu-notice-of-raman-piece/

I have with a sense of uneasiness read the news item “Yakub must not hang, we brought him back: Key RAW man in ’07”, published in The Indian Express on July 24, 2015. To get further details, I read the complete article and other related material on rediff.com and my uneasiness has been transformed into a sense of outrage as I take all that is written to be correct in the light of the outstanding record and character of the R&AW officer, Mr B Raman, who wrote it. READ — 1993 Mumbai serial blasts: How the trail took off Let me at the very beginning say that I am in principle against the imposition of death penalty. It serves as no deterrent, as statistics worldwide show, and on the contrary brutalises society. My predilection, however, has had no bearing on my decisions as a High Court and Supreme Court Judge for almost 21 years, as I have often upheld the death penalty. The Supreme Court of India, as indeed courts all over the free world, are agreed on the fact that all mitigating factors in favour of an accused facing a capital sentence must be put before the court and that this obligation rests equally on the prosecution as well. It also appears that some commitment by the government or its agencies had been made to Yakub Memon and that he had fully cooperated with the investigative agencies after his arrrest. I take it that this commitment would relate to the sentence that he would receive. SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share RELATED ARTICLE Yakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newHe said don’t worry, I will come out: Yakub’s wifeyakub-Memon-wife-mWill someone shed a tear for Yakub Memon? In story of his return, lies an answerYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon must not hang, we brought him back: Key RAW man in ’07yakub memon, 1993 Mumbai blast, Yakub Memon bail plea, Yakub memon mercy plea, yakub SC petition, Yakub memon excution order, Yakub memon family, maharashtra news, india news, latest newsHanging days away, wife and daughter meet Yakub Memon in Nagpur prisonYakub-judge-2I remember him as someone who was persistent: Justice Kode on Yakub MemonYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon gets no relief from SC, to be hanged July 30Yakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newHe said don’t worry, I will come out: Yakub’s wifeyakub-Memon-wife-mWill someone shed a tear for Yakub Memon? In story of his return, lies an answerYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon must not hang, we brought him back: Key RAW man in ’07yakub memon, 1993 Mumbai blast, Yakub Memon bail plea, Yakub memon mercy plea, yakub SC petition, Yakub memon excution order, Yakub memon family, maharashtra news, india news, latest newsHanging days away, wife and daughter meet Yakub Memon in Nagpur prisonYakub-judge-2I remember him as someone who was persistent: Justice Kode on Yakub MemonYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon gets no relief from SC, to be hanged July 30Yakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newHe said don’t worry, I will come out: Yakub’s wifeyakub-Memon-wife-mWill someone shed a tear for Yakub Memon? In story of his return, lies an answerYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon must not hang, we brought him back: Key RAW man in ’07yakub memon, 1993 Mumbai blast, Yakub Memon bail plea, Yakub memon mercy plea, yakub SC petition, Yakub memon excution order, Yakub memon family, maharashtra news, india news, latest newsHanging days away, wife and daughter meet Yakub Memon in Nagpur prisonYakub-judge-2I remember him as someone who was persistent: Justice Kode on Yakub MemonYakub Memon, mercy plea, Memon petition, Yakub mercy plea President, Nation news, india newYakub Memon gets no relief from SC, to be hanged July 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 PrevNext Mr Raman writes that these mitigating circumstances “in the case of Yakub Memon and some other members of the family were probably not brought to the notice of the court by the prosecution and that the prosecution did not suggest to the court that these circumstances should be taken into consideration while deciding on the punishment… in their eagerness to obtain the death penalty”. He further concludes that the aura and outstanding investigative work that the intelligence agencies had achieved would have been enhanced yet further had they put all the mitigating circumstances before the court. From our archives A Tear For Yakub Memon The second disturbing aspect is the role of the public prosecutor in such cases. The perception which has grown over the last few years, and actively encouraged by some public prosecutors themselves, that they are agents of the police, is completely misplaced. A public prosecutor is an officer of the court and, as someone put it, “an agent of justice”. He represents the crown (state), not the police. It is, in this background, imperative that he should put all facts for and against an accused before the court so that a just decision can be arrived at. 1993 Mumbai blasts, Yakub Memon, yakub memon death, yakub memon hanging, Mumbai blasts, 1993 Mumbai blasts, yakub memon execution, 1993 bombay blasts, 1993 mumbai blasts, tiger memon, dawood ibrahim, India news 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon. (Source: Express Archive) The Supreme Court in the case of Shiv Kumar versus Hukam Chand decided on August 30, 1999 observed “that a public prosecutor is not expected to show thirst to reach the case in the conviction of the accused somehow or the other irrespective of the true facts involved in the case. The expected attitude of the public prosecutor while conducting prosecution must be couched in fairness not only to the court and to the investigating agencies but to the accused as well. If an accused is entitled to any legitimate benefit during the trial, the public prosecutor should not scuttle/ conceal it. On the contrary, it is the duty of the public prosecutor to winch it to the fore and make it available to the accused. Even if the defence counsel overlooks it, the public prosecutor has the added responsibility to bring it to the notice of the court if it comes to his knowledge”… as the public prosecutor should “not obtain an unrighteous conviction — but to see justice has been vindicated”. Quite to the contrary, we often see TV savvy public prosecutors, gloating over their legal victories, preening themselves, and strutting around like film actors. READ — He said don’t worry, I will come out: Yakub’s wife What can now be done to rectify the injustice to Yakub Memon on the question of sentence? The options are indeed limited and time is running out. I think the Supreme Court should suo motu take notice of Mr Raman’s article and after hearing both sides remand the case to the trial court to take further evidence on the question of the sentence or in the alternative take the evidence itself. This is still possible under the power conferred on the Supreme Court under Article 142 of the Constitution. This exercise would greatly enhance the prestige and glory of the Supreme Court of India, more particularly as Mr Raman’s article has been published only after the dismissal of the curative petition. I believe that Yakub Memon has filed a mercy petition before the Governor. Action could be taken on this as well. — Former Supreme Court Judge Harjit Singh Bedi authored the 2010 judgment in Vikram Singh versus State of Punjab, awarding death sentence to two kidnappers who had poisoned a schoolboy to death as his father did not pay the ransom. While observing that “the theory which is widely accepted in India, however, is that as death penalty is on the statute book, it has to be awarded, provided the circumstances justify it”, Justice Bedi ruled, “When the murder is committed in such an extremely brutal, grotesque, diabolical, revolting or dastardly manner as to arouse intense and extreme indignation of the community or when the victim of murder is an innocent child who could not have or has not provided even an excuse, much less a provocation, death penalty could be awarded.” Justice Bedi was also part of the SC Bench that commuted the death sentence of Santosh Kumar Singh,who had raped and murdered law student Priyadarshini Mattoo in Delhi in January 1996. He retired in September 2011. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/how-to-rectify-injustice-to-yakub-sc-should-take-suo-d-notice-of-raman-piece/#sthash.oGiGYtb2.dpuf
I increasingly believe that Yakub Memons life term should be commuted and least of the reasons behind my such belief is my known (anti)-stand on death penalty. Main reason seems to be mitigating circumstances which prosecution had chosen not to bring to the notice of honorable court. Calls for this commutation coming from people who have nothing to do politics or minority appeasement. As for Owaisi's statement, I think in his attempt of political gains he has harmed Yakub Memon's case deliberately.

Exactly. Just like the preponderance of black convicts in US over whites proves that whites are the superior race.
Not true. They don't have a holy book which calls themselves as "superior" or "ultimate truth" and the rest as infidels who should be finished. They are always intolerant and regressive.

It's not just India' date=' but they exhibit the same victim complex worldwide.[/quote'] Good point, and really irrespective of education and class, they have an upbringing full of hatred of others. When we see qualified and educated people joining terrorist groups, the western idea of educating them to tackle their brainwash has clearly failed.