Yakub Memon to Hang On July 30 for India's Deadliest Terror Attack

Gollum

Exactly. Just like the preponderance of black convicts in US over whites proves that whites are the superior race.
That's a very nice parallel you draw here, only the reason stays flawed. It's not because whites are a superior race, but it's because they have been nurtured better. No one is born extremist or bad, it's our life experiences and people around us who shape our psyche. It's usually the brainwashed or oppressed who tend to take these extreme steps, so that explains a vast majority of criminals being Muslims and Dalits. This is the reason I believe that minority upliftment is extremely important to India's fortunes. The lesser the number of brainwashed or oppressed individuals, the more peaceful our society will be.

Former Supreme Court judge Justice (Retd.) Markandey Katju today said :

that there has been "gross travesty of justice" in the case of Yakub Memon, the sole death row convict and a co-conspirator of fugitive Dawood Ibrahim in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts. Justice Katju said after carefully studying the judgement of the court he finds that the evidence on which Memon has been found guilty is "very weak". "This evidence is retracted confession of the co-accused and alleged recoveries," he said.
Regarding retracted confessions, he said that "everyone knows how confessions are obtained by the police in our country by torture"
Everyone knows the Police in our country engages in Torture to extract confessions ? What did mr katju do about it when he was SC Judge ? :hmmm:
Regarding recoveries, he said anyone having knowledge of working of police knows that such alleged recoveries are often planted.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/hang-tiger-memon-not-yakub-salman-khan-on-twitter/article1-1373260.aspx
In one of his tweets, Salman posted: "Kidhar chupa hai tiger (Where are you hiding, Tiger)? Hey koi tiger nahi hai hai hai billi aur hum ek billi ko nahi pakad sakteh (He is not a tiger, but a cat whom we can't catch)." "N no 1 ever Address him as tiger ever. Does not deserve that at all," he added. "Tiger ki hi to kami hai India mein. Tiger ko Lao (There is a lack of tigers in India, bring back Tiger).” After posting "we are ready to die for our families", Salman wrote: "Tiger tumhaara bhai kuch Dino mein tumhare liyeh...Phasi k phande pe chardne walla hai . Koi statement. Koi address. (Tiger, your brother is going to be marched to the gallows for you in a few days. Any statement? Any address?)
2 am tweets..bhai was high. It's the whisky talking..

Former Supreme Court judge Justice (Retd.) Markandey Katju today said : Everyone knows the Police in our country engages in Torture to extract confessions ? What did mr katju do about it when he was SC Judge ? :hmmm:
Same thing Kejriwal did about corruption when he was in the IRS. Nothing.

I'm personally against the death penalty. However, I'd prefer to trust the decision of the Supreme Court of the country to ascertain the guilt of an individual over a bunch of journalists looking for sensationalist stories.

That's a very nice parallel you draw here, only the reason stays flawed. It's not because whites are a superior race, but it's because they have been nurtured better. No one is born extremist or bad, it's our life experiences and people around us who shape our psyche. It's usually the brainwashed or oppressed who tend to take these extreme steps, so that explains a vast majority of criminals being Muslims and Dalits. This is the reason I believe that minority upliftment is extremely important to India's fortunes. The lesser the number of brainwashed or oppressed individuals, the more peaceful our society will be.
I don't think you are aware of the numerous studies which have shown how the judicial system in the U.S. is biased against blacks. Here is an example, there are many more you can find through a Google search: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/658947 One example from it is about drug abuse. 13% of the population is black and 14% of drug users are black. However, 37% of drug arrests are black and 56% of the convicted are black. At least, there is acknowledgement in the U.S. that the current system is working against blacks. We are a long way away from even acknowledging such a thing, forget about fixing it.

Late B Raman Ex-RAW officer who headed the Pakistan Desk at the Research and Analysis Wing :

" The cooperation of Yakub with the investigating agencies after he was picked up informally in Kathmandu and his role in persuading some other members of the family to come out of Pakistan and surrender Constitute, in my view, a strong mitigating circumstance to be taken into consideration while considering whether the death penalty should be implemented : B Raman had written in August 2007."
He was the key person who, along with officers of the Central Bureau of Investigation and the Intelligence Bureau, had put in best efforts to crack Yakub Memon and bring him to justice in India. No less than Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao had monitored the operation and was very pleased when the team met with success. By all means it was an intelligence coup.
Ex-RAW officer disturbed by"deception of officers of the investigating agencies "
When Yakub Memon was sentenced to death Mr Raman was in pain. He called me to share why it was very wrong on the part of the Indian establishment to allow Yakub Memon to die by decree of law. He was quite disturbed to see the deception by officers of the investigating agencies, in the Mumbai courts and in higher courts, that he was once part of.
http://linkis.com/m.rediff.com/news/co/zCJ1k

So much love for poor guy Yakub Memon. Not much love for the 257 people he helped kill, many of who must have been bread winners for their families. No idea how many indirectly died/suffered because of loss of income.

So much love for poor guy Yakub Memon. Not much love for the 257 people he helped kill' date=' many of who must have been bread winners for their families. No idea how many indirectly died/suffered because of loss of income.[/quote'] Love for 257 people who were killed doesn't get reduced by call for leniency for Yakub. It is well established that he was not the conspirator or mastermind of the blasts. It was planned completely by his brother Tiger Memon. While evidence suggests that Yakub had helped in planning of things by delivering certain parcels but he may have done so without knowing complete designs. He has been in jail for 21 years already. There are other mitigating circumstances as well. He came out of ISI den on his own and helped Indian agencies in getting other Memon family out of Pakistan via Dubai. He helped prepare case against Pakistan and most of the intelligence officers who were part of investigation and whole and have chosen to opine of the subject expressed that he may not deserve death penalty. If you see a large number of people who are appealing for mercy are eminent jurists like retired SC judges etc, Ram Jethmalani and few others. I don't think other than some petty comments from politicians like Owaise, matter has much to do with politics. Most of the people appealing for mercy has not got anything to do with Politics.

Love for 257 people who were killed doesn't get reduced by call for leniency for Yakub. It is well established that he was not the conspirator or mastermind of the blasts. It was planned completely by his brother Tiger Memon. While evidence suggests that Yakub had helped in planning of things by delivering certain parcels but he may have done so without knowing complete designs. He has been in jail for 21 years already.
Are you the judiciary? Have you seen the merits of the other side of the argument? The case has run for 23 years. Multiple appeals have been filed and yet his sentence stands. You think our judge after judge and President want to hang him without any substance?
There are other mitigating circumstances as well. He came out of ISI den on his own and helped Indian agencies in getting other Memon family out of Pakistan via Dubai. He helped prepare case against Pakistan and most of the intelligence officers who were part of investigation and whole and have chosen to opine of the subject expressed that he may not deserve death penalty. If you see a large number of people who are appealing for mercy are eminent jurists like retired SC judges etc, Ram Jethmalani and few others. I don't think other than some petty comments from politicians like Owaise, matter has much to do with politics. Most of the people appealing for mercy has not got anything to do with Politics.
Many other Memon family members have been acquitted and some are serving their own sentences. None, except Yakub, have received the death penalty. If they wanted to hang Yakub for Tiger's crimes, surely, they could have also punished other Memon family members. His father was acquitted, his brother Suleman was also acquitted despite his wife's vehicle being actively used in the incident. So, why did they single out Yakub? It is pretty clear to everybody in the judicial system that this man was actively involved. And about Ram Jethmalani, he also opposed death sentences to Kasab and Afzal Guru. He defended Harshad Mehta and Manu Sharma in court. He has a long laundry list of clients, many of whom are tainted. I don't give two hoots about his suggestion. He will defend Satan if he is paid for it.

Are you the judiciary? Have you seen the merits of the other side of the argument? The case has run for 23 years. Multiple appeals have been filed and yet his sentence stands. You think our judge after judge and President want to hang him without any substance? Many other Memon family members have been acquitted and some are serving their own sentences. None, except Yakub, have received the death penalty. If they wanted to hang Yakub for Tiger's crimes, surely, they could have also punished other Memon family members. His father was acquitted, his brother Suleman was also acquitted despite his wife's vehicle being actively used in the incident. So, why did they single out Yakub? It is pretty clear to everybody in the judicial system that this man was actively involved. And about Ram Jethmalani, he also opposed death sentences to Kasab and Afzal Guru. He defended Harshad Mehta and Manu Sharma in court. He has a long laundry list of clients, many of whom are tainted. I don't give two hoots about his suggestion. He will defend Satan if he is paid for it.
Very Fair Points. If you read my first post on this thread, I didn't have any specific objection to the death penalty to Yakub other than on the basis of my principal stand against Death penalty. I remain opposed to death penalties for all kind of causes. I am not judiciary nor I have seen all the arguments. However my view point changed on the basis of statements those came out in media over last 1 week or two and many of them came from people who have been long part of Indian judiciary and investigation of the case. i urge you to read the article writen by ex RAW officer Mr. Raman or retired Supreme Court judge H S Bedi. These statements came from the people who definitely don't have vested interests and have either been privy to matters more than me and you or have more discretionary capabilitities on the matters of judiciary. My appeal for mercy has nothing to do with my lack of love for death of 257 people. I don't want that 257 to become 258.

Very Fair Points. If you read my first post on this thread, I didn't have any specific objection to the death penalty to Yakub other than on the basis of my principal stand against Death penalty. I remain opposed to death penalties for all kind of causes. I am not judiciary nor I have seen all the arguments. However my view point changed on the basis of statements those came out in media over last 1 week or two and many of them came from people who have been long part of Indian judiciary and investigation of the case. i urge you to read the article writen by ex RAW officer Mr. Raman or retired Supreme Court judge H S Bedi. These statements came from the people who definitely don't have vested interests and have either been privy to matters more than me and you or have more discretionary capabilitities on the matters of judiciary. My appeal for mercy has nothing to do with my lack of love for death of 257 people. I don't want that 257 to become 258.
Yeah. Spot on.

It is important to know the truth in the Yakub Memon case Link: http://www.rediff.com/news/special/it-is-important-to-know-the-truth-in-the-yakub-memon-case/20150727.htm 'By July 1994, Yakub Memon and other members of his family except Tiger Memon felt uncomfortable living in Pakistan under the protection of the ISI. They decided to surrender to the Indian police and face trial. Tiger Memon strongly opposed this. Yakub Memon wanted to consult a relative and a family lawyer about the advisability of surrendering to the Indian authorities. He flew to Kathmandu by a flight of the Pakistan International Airlines. His relative and the family lawyer met him there. They strongly advised Yakub against surrendering.' 'According to Yakub, they told him that the Indian police and security agencies would have them killed and show them as killed in an encounter. They, therefore, advised him to go back to Karachi and live there. Yakub accepted their advice and decided to fly back to Karachi. As he was boarding the PIA bus to go to the aircraft, his shoulder bag fell down. Half a dozen Indian passports came out of it and got scattered on the ground. A Nepalese policeman noticed this and immediately detained him.' 'Yakub was having in his possession the Indian passports of all the members of the family except Tiger Memon. They immediately alerted the R&AW, which requested the CBI to depute an officer to Kathmandu to identify the person detained by the Nepalese police. He went there and established that the detained person was Yakub Memon. The Nepalese authorities did not want to formally arrest him. They were worried that if they formally arrested him, they would have to produce him before their court and Dawood Ibrahim's lawyers would see that he was not handed over to India. It was, therefore, decided that they would bring Yakub in a car from Kathmandu to Indian territory in Bihar and informally hand him over to the Indian police without any record about the hand-over in their records.' 'An ARC aircraft was sent to a town near the Bihar border. The moment the Nepalese police reached the town and handed him over, he was flown to Delhi and handed over to the IB. P V Narasimha Rao, the then prime minister, was informed. Yakub co-operated with the CBI in persuading some other members of his family to go to Dubai from Karachi and surrender to the Indian authorities. A senior IB officer was sent to Dubai to make arrangements for receiving them and sending them to India.'