10 Cities Which Have The Least Friendly People In India

Khalpat

http://www.holidayiq.com/blog/10-cities-which-have-least-friendly-people-india-1064.html?channel=social_fb&medium=paid Interesting to see the no1 city as per this site. Is thiruvananthpuram so bad? Really surprised to see Jabalpur in the list.
Seems to be based on an extremely tiny sample. It says people in TVM can't understand or speak english. LOL>

For a pathetically worded article, generalizing the people of a whole city as poor speakers of English is quite ironic. Hardly anyone uses these autorickshaws nowadays, except maybe for emergencies. Even an autorickshaw driver I interacted with admitted so. I wonder why people are so dumb to continue to put up with those vile autorickshaw drivers when there are so many better alternatives like uber, ola cabs etc.

Does not look credible at all...Bangalore and Chennai ppl rude? As someone who resided there for a few yrs, this is the last thing you can accuse them of. Come on. Is this only about Auto drivers? They are same even in my own city ( it used to be good till mid 90s where almost every auto used to charge as per meter but now >80% bargain rates - partially because the Govt does not increase meter fares as per real inflation ). Title is also wrong - If a city has bad/narrow roads, what have people got to do with it?

From my personal experience, Chennai and Delhi have been worst as a visitor, i wholeheartedly agree with this ranking. It is obvious that Tamilians and Delhites will feel bad and bite back but many people have the same opinion about these two places.

How can you experience a city if the main mode of transportation itself is tough to deal with. I think this is more for a traveler not a native so it makes sense.
Main mode of transportation? Buses and local trains are the main modes of transportation, not autos. And then there is this concept of share-autos, though they tend to cram up their vehicles with as much people as possible. If you have money for an autorickshaw you can as well hire a cab. I can understand things like bad weather, difficulty in communication due to the absence of Hindi speakers etc, but pointing out auto rickshaws as the reason for not being a traveler-friendly city is hilarious.

Main mode of transportation? Buses and local trains are the main modes of transportation, not autos. And then there is this concept of share-autos, though they tend to cram up their vehicles with as much people as possible. If you have money for an autorickshaw you can as well hire a cab. I can understand things like bad weather, difficulty in communication due to the absence of Hindi speakers etc, but pointing out auto rickshaws as the reason for not being a traveler-friendly city is hilarious.
For a tourist who wouldn't know all the bus stops and local trains the main mode of transport is autos.

Absolute shyte reason to include Shillong in there.

HolidayIQ Traveller Dhananjay Dhar says, “Haphazard way of roadside shops. Police, military personnel with guns gives a feeling that it is unsafe place and any time an untoward incident like terrorist attack, bomb blast may take place. Road construction is unsafe with cars being driven on them, which is public hazard. Road is going up and down with small sellers on either side creating a scene of a chaotic market.”
The people there are as friendly as it gets. These reasons are by no means a factor for this. It's a hilly place where it rains all day, can't really expect the roads to be safe.

For a tourist who wouldn't know all the bus stops and local trains the main mode of transport is autos.
Not really.. I have physically fought with Chennai rickshaw guys but that was 13 yrs back... I visited Chennai last year, used TaxiForSure and didnt have any issues whatsoever. In fact I found that these taxis are actually cheaper than autos. They also ignore the positives. Chennai is one of the most safst cities to be in if you are a female.

My roommate spent 2 yrs in Chennai. Says knowing Hindi is a crime. People r racist towards Hindi speakers in the sense that they sell an item for 200/- to a hindi speaker that they sell for 150/- to a tamil speaking guy standing beside.:giggle:

My roommate spent 2 yrs in Chennai. Says knowing Hindi is a crime. People r racist towards Hindi speakers in the sense that they sell an item for 200/- to a hindi speaker that they sell for 150/- to a tamil speaking guy standing beside.:giggle:
Had the same experience. Very racist people. All those defending Chennai are from there and know tamil