Vengsarkar to fly to South Africa!

gs

He is apparently going to convey the "feelings" of the nation. It is not going to change the techniques of the Rainas and Mongias and turn them into Bradman when they hear about the "feelings"! I dont understand how this is going to help except add more confusion to an already chaotic situation. Its beyond me to imagine why BBCI would involve itself in such theatrics instead of doing something more useful like sending some additional players based on their current form - maybe VVS, Gambhir, Badrinath etc. (and recalling the useless ones if necessary) I understand that this would be an embarassing situation + logistical nightmare and S.African board might object to it - but its at least worth a try rather than sending Vengsarkar on a African safari :(

Re: Vengsarkar to fly to South Africa! This is just some sort of publicity stunt. Serves no purpose whatsoever and doesn't help the team in any way. As if the cricketers aren't aware of the feelings conveyed by the Indian public ? They got a fairly good idea of the country's feelings when the Ahmedabad crowd turned on Raina and Dhoni.

Re: Vengsarkar to fly to South Africa! "Too many cooks spoil the broth". This is excatly what happens when a selector doesn't have a job description. It makes it that much worse when you have someone as the chairman that has played over 100 test matches. Now expect Vengsarkar to try and teach all these fellas how to bat :wall: