2016 election debates

vvvslaxman

Trump Vs Clinton

Very furious debate, Trump started out very well and he couldn't hide it any longer when Hilary kept attacking him. We will see a different Trump in the next one, when he will go all out attacking like a rabid dog, like in the Primaries.

All we heard from him was "No, I never said that, lies, it's not true, you are wrong!" He kept defending.

2 more circuses to view !

That moderator was really bias. Trump should have given him a dressing down like he did to the one in the Republican primaries. He didn't ask tough questions regarding Hillary's controversies, and he more frequently interrupted Trump. 

However, Hillary looked a lot more composed. And her performance seems to have flipped Florida. 

Right now the map is 292 vs 246 in favor of Clinton. It looks like Florida will be the decider based on the current map.

Edited by Tibarn

Over a week after the first debate, Hillary pulling away. What had become a 52-48 election, has become a 80-20 election with a shift of 50 electoral votes.  

Trump will have to perform better, more aggressively in the next debate, otherwise he might as well suspend his campaign early.

Apparently the public thought Pence performed better than Kaine, but VP debates have little effect, usually. 

Hillary recently pulled out her big weapon, the video tape of Trump's crude comments, but Wikileaks recently released a bunch of Hillary's emails. There are apparently some scandalous things in them. Trump also recently called Bill a rapist, so he may open the line of attack on Hillary involving her intimidation tactics of women who her husband coerced.

Should be a crazy last few weeks.

Trump just pulled out the big guns right off the bat :shock: effectively called the former president a rapist. 

Trump looks like he means business :nervous:

Hillary always does a good job of remaining composed. :hatsoff:

Edited by Tibarn

I pity my American friends. Two absolute rubbish candidates in Donald and Shillary. It's like choosing between getting either one of your legs or one of your hands chopped.

As an Indian citizen though, I wouldn't care who wins. US foreign policy remains the same irrespective of who is in power. So if screwing India is on the US' agenda, irrespective of who is in power, they will pursue it. The only debate would be on the means.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:38 AM, jalebi_bhai said:

I pity my American friends. Two absolute rubbish candidates in Donald and Shillary. It's like choosing between getting either one of your legs or one of your hands chopped.

As an Indian citizen though, I wouldn't care who wins. US foreign policy remains the same irrespective of who is in power. So if screwing India is on the US' agenda, irrespective of who is in power, they will pursue it. The only debate would be on the means.

One potential benefit of a Trump presidency is that he wants better US-Russia ties and is reintroducing a degree isolationism back into the American foreign policy debate. 

One of India's foreign policy issues is that we seem to have positive relations with antagonistic countries, thereby forcing us to do careful balancing, ie we have friendly relations with both sides in Israel-Iran and US-Russia rivalries. US-Russia is one of the major dividing lines in the world today. If the two's relationship improves, that puts a lot less stress on us, although they would still be rivals when it comes to weapons sales. 

Trump introducing a version of isolationism is important in regards to the American habit of regime change. Some of Russia's closest allies are potential targets for American regime change activities, and Putin himself hates the idea of intervention by Americans in overthrowing him.    

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

One potential benefit of a Trump presidency is that he wants better US-Russia ties and is reintroducing a degree isolationism back into the American foreign policy debate. 

I really, really don't see that happening for three reasons:

1. The US backed Ukranian revolution in 2014. 

2. The plummeting oil prices since 2014 engineered by the Saudis (definite US connivance). I remember speaking with my dad (25+ years in BP) about the geo-politics of the issue and we came to the conclusion that the fall could've been primarily engineered to slow down the Russian economy that is heavily reliant on oil exports (around 70%). Iran may have also been another target (remove sanctions to promote fraandship on one hand, hamstring their economy on the other hand) and Syria of course. US domestic shale oil market taking a hit is just collateral damage. The Saudis, on the other hand could sell at $15 per barrel and still be fine.  

3. Syrian Civil War. Another proxy war, just like Afghanistan.

There might be some superficial pappi-jhappi, nothing more. 

One of India's foreign policy issues is that we seem to have positive relations with antagonistic countries, thereby forcing us to do careful balancing, ie we have friendly relations with both sides in Israel-Iran and US-Russia rivalries. US-Russia is one of the major dividing lines in the world today. If the two's relationship improves, that puts a lot less stress on us, although they would still be rivals when it comes to weapons sales.  

No real problem with that. Realpolitik is paramount.

48 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I really, really don't see that happening for three reasons:

1. The US backed Ukranian revolution in 2014. 

2. The plummeting oil prices since 2014 engineered by the Saudis (definite US connivance). I remember speaking with my dad (25+ years in BP) about the geo-politics of the issue and we came to the conclusion that the fall could've been primarily engineered to slow down the Russian economy that is heavily reliant on oil exports (around 70%). Iran may have also been another target (remove sanctions to promote fraandship on one hand, hamstring their economy on the other hand) and Syria of course. US domestic shale oil market taking a hit is just collateral damage. The Saudis, on the other hand could sell at $15 per barrel and still be fine.  

3. Syrian Civil War. Another proxy war, just like Afghanistan.

There might be some superficial pappi-jhappi, nothing more. 

There is definitely more of a chance nothing will change on the Russia-US front. The American security establishment seems hell-bent on conflict with Russia. Obama was supposed to be a game-changer for peace (Noble Peace Prize), but he continued to facilitate interventionist policies. 

Syria is definitely bizarre, it's such a pointless reason to mess with Russia. They and Iran are the two the US is looking to interfere with, both close to Russia.  

Reading some of the Wikileaks information recently released, American politics is getting more and more disgusting. How the media is selling itself to Hillary and how the US knows the Saudis are funding ISIS, and yet does nothing to put sanctions on them. Instead the US is busy needling Russia... :facepalm:

What's worse is the Saudis are butchering Yemenis right now and the human rights hypocrites in the West are silent.

21 hours ago, Tibarn said:

There is definitely more of a chance nothing will change on the Russia-US front. The American security establishment seems hell-bent on conflict with Russia. Obama was supposed to be a game-changer for peace (Noble Peace Prize), but he continued to facilitate interventionist policies. 

Syria is definitely bizarre, it's such a pointless reason to mess with Russia. They and Iran are the two the US is looking to interfere with, both close to Russia.  

As I said, whether it is the Democrats or the Republicans in power, US foreign policy remains the same by and large. 

With regards to Syria, I think the war was created to put a spanner in the works of the Syria-Iran-Iraq pipeline. Isn't ISIS selling oil to fund it's terrorism?

52 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Reading some of the Wikileaks information recently released, American politics is getting more and more disgusting. How the media is selling itself to Hillary and how the US knows the Saudis are funding ISIS, and yet does nothing to put sanctions on them. Instead the US is busy needling Russia... :facepalm:

What's worse is the Saudis are butchering Yemenis right now and the human rights hypocrites in the West are silent.

Bhai saheb, KSA chairs the UNHRC. If it wasn't true, one would have a hearty laugh. Absolutely mind boggling. Paisa fekh, tamaasha dekh.

Oh, and Shillary has very close ties with the Muslim Brotherhood. Check out the profile of her sidechick, Huma Abedin. 

Edited by jalebi_bhai

Donald Trump: "I will accept the election results only if I win, else it will be considered as rigged"

:hysterical::hysterical:

Man it requires guts to say the kind of stuff that he is saying. He even called Hillary "Shameless woman" in front of her face during the 3rd debate. There is no political correctness as far Donald Trump is concerned.

19 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Donald Trump: "I will accept the election results only if I win, else it will be considered as rigged"

:hysterical::hysterical:

Man it requires guts to say the kind of stuff that he is saying. He even called Hillary "Shameless woman" in front of her face during the 3rd debate. There is no political correctness as far Donald Trump is concerned.

Trump also threatened that he will arrest Clinton after he becomes president. :phehe:

These two candidates are such jokers.