Who'll be the next Australian coach?

kosingh

Australia needs to re evaluate their pitches. They are nothing short of a disgrace. Flat roads. Making the likes of Steven Smith look like batting gods. Their issue is toothless batting.
their domestic pitches are very good. Their domestic batsmen used to average in 50s in 90s and 2000s because of flat pitches but since 2009 they have prepared bowling friendly pitches in domestics and result is barely any batsman averages over 40. Dont be fooled by the pitches they created last summer.

I think Lehman is much more to blame than Clarke. His thug like "we're going to come out and smash them in the mouth" attitude doesn't quite fly in testing conditions. Will be interesting to see what kind of coach they go after, and who India goes after.

Lehmann is certainly going to stay as the coach for now.

Darren Lehmann is safe as Australian team coach, says Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland. Speaking in Melbourne the morning after Australia’s crushing loss of the Ashes at Trent Bridge, Sutherland was asked if Lehmann was “safe” and responded with an emphatic “yes”. That “yes” was tempered with the promise of a review of the style of cricket Australia has played in less familiar conditions when overseas. Australia’s aggressive brand of batting failed repeatedly in English conditions favouring seam and swing bowling, never more so than on the first morning of the fourth Test at Trent Bridge when England rolled the visitors for just 60 on the way to claiming a winning 3-1 series lead. The heavy Ashes loss follows series defeats of 4-0 in spin-friendly conditions in India in 2013, 2-0 by Pakistan on dead wickets in UAE in 2014 and by 2-1 in South Africa also last year. Australia’s top order faces cull as young hopefuls prepare to step up Russell Jackson in Melbourne Read more “After every series we will sit down and review, and I think there is an opportunity for a reflection on [our] style of play,” Sutherland said. “It’s not easy playing away but it’s something we have to get better at. We want to be the best cricket team in the world and to do that we have to be better at playing away.” Sutherland paid tribute to the career of captain Michael Clarke, who has announced he will retire at the end of the series, having struggled badly with the bat. He labelled Clarke a “hero to a generation” of young Australians. “He will be remembered for his courage and the way he played the game,” Sutherland said. “I don’t think I can think of an Australian cricketer that has worked harder to put his best on the field, day after day, week after week. “He finished on his terms and this [retirement] is a small moment in a great career. I wasn’t surprised at his decision, understanding the pressure he was under. He is making the decision that the time is right and his judgment is appropriate.” Sutherland gave Steve Smith a strong endorsement to become Australia’s next Test captain. “We have someone in waiting who has had experience as a captain,” he said. “In recent months he has been rated as the best Test cricketer in the world. Steven is ready for this challenge but no one is ready-made to just walk into it.” Sutherland would not be drawn on whether veterans Brad Haddin and Shane Watson had played their last matches in the baggy green after controversially losing their spots early in the series. “That’s for other people to decide, it’s not for me to speculate on that right now,” he said. “We will review performances and make assessments on what has happened.”
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/09/coach-darren-lehmanns-job-not-in-danger-says-cricket-australia-chief
this is why south africa are number one in tests
Ehhh yeah on paper but they aren't strong. We are in a cricket era where no one is really strong anymore. Every team has its strength but no one is fearful. Australia's batting is not as scary as it was before even though you have Warner and Smith South Africa's batting even with de Villiers and Amla isn't that great on paper SL have a lot of issues India are on the same boat NZ aren't that great batting wise in tests Pakistan's batting is iffy Actually every team's batting is iffy at best. I see Ponting being a future coach for Australia.
Easy tours coming up for Aus, so Lehmann is safe for a while. Aus should be favs vs NZ both home and away. BD and WI will be brushed aside. When is their next real tough series?
The difficult series will be touring Sri Lanka and hosting South Africa. They are also hosting Pakistan but that shouldn't be difficult.
their domestic pitches are very good. Their domestic batsmen used to average in 50s in 90s and 2000s because of flat pitches but since 2009 they have prepared bowling friendly pitches in domestics and result is barely any batsman averages over 40. Dont be fooled by the pitches they created last summer.
Yes I agree about the domesticc pitches being sporting but Australia have produced flat pitches more often than not in the last 4-5 years for touring sides.Only perth and gabba are good bouncy pitches ,syndey and Adelaide are ridiculously flat ,mcg is decent enough ,Hobart is flat as well
Cricket Australia has reportedly offered former Test captain Ricky Ponting an expert `batting consultant' position with the national team. The Courier Mail reports negotiations were at an advanced stage between the two parties, as Australia seeks to look ahead after a disappointing Ashes campaign in England. "We have spoken to Ricky a few times this year to be around the side," team performance boss Pat Howard told the newspaper. "I am certainly very open to getting him involved and we would love to have him on board. "I sense Ricky would also love to be involved. "His time commitments are obviously one of the big challenges." Ponting has already enjoyed coaching success in his short managerial career, leading Mumbai to victory in the Indian Premier League in 2015. He is the highest scoring batsman in Australian Test history, scoring 13,378 runs from 168 Test matches.
Dhoni & Fletcher 'job didnt come to such scrutiny after they were loosing series after series.Ashes has not cmpleted & Clarke has announced his retirement.Why our board was averse in doing so in so many years.
Ashes is the ultimate thing for Australia and world cup is for India .That's why