Force India F1 Team !

Predator_05

In addition to supporting Renault, i will be backing the new FORCE INDIA F1 Team. It's great to see India well represented on the global stage - that too in such a massive sport which is followed in every corner of the world. Vijay Mallya bought out the Midland Spykar team from last season to form FORCE INDIA, and they have already begun testing of the car. I hear Giancarlo Fisichella might race for them next season - that would be a huge coup. Everyone should watch FORCE INDIA fight it out with the Ferraris and McClarens next season ! India are finally on the map; PJF24281.jpghttp://www.forceindiaf1.com/

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/press18.html Thu 13 Dec 2007 Force India Progress review with Dr. Vijay Mallya line.gif The Force India Formula One Team started its Formula 1 journey in earnest last month, with a new colour scheme of burgundy and white, two busy tests, an extensive development programme, a full review of procedures and finances, five new drivers and – most importantly – a strong vision for the future. At the helm was Dr Vijay Mallya, who attended both team tests in Barcelona from 13 – 15 November and 4 – 7 December in Jerez, Spain. In a busy week, Dr. Mallya also attended the Motorsport Business Forum in Monaco on 5 December, at which he gave a highly-acclaimed keynote speech that outlined his goals for Force India. ‘The creation of Force India sees the execution of one of my prime motivations for buying the team,’ Dr. Mallya told a packed audience in Monaco. ‘Having an Indian team on the grid was previously thought impossible, but now we have done it, and this will encourage the passions of millions who want to see the new India, the force of this new India and its new prosperity. The unprecedented response received by the Force India Formula One Team in India from motor sports enthusiasts and the media fraternity alike are reflective of the aspirations of this new India’. ‘It’s only in the last 15 years that India has liberalised completely and unleashed the power of the people, the workforce and the economy – and India is now well on its way to becoming an economic superpower. F1 has been thought of as far too expensive, too competitive and out of reach, but today it’s reflective of India’s prospective prosperity’. Dr. Mallya added, ‘We now have to work to make India proud of its team. We have to however be realistic. There will be no miracle in performance in 2008, even with significantly more input and aero development, but all of this takes time. From 2009 onwards I am looking forward to obviously significant improvements. I am clear where we want to be in two years time: at the Indian Grand Prix in 2010, I want to see a Force India car on the podium.’ :yay: At the two tests in Barcelona and Jerez the team took tangible steps towards making those jumps. At the first official test in Barcelona, Adrian Sutil, Roldan Rodriguez and Giedo van der Garde completed a full programme of chassis development and evaluation of the new standard electronics package. The trio were also joined by Austrian Christian Klien and Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi, who gave the benefit of their combined years of F1 experience to the team to aid its development programme. Over the course of the test, the team demonstrably improved its performance and comparative standings, with Christian Klien setting the team’s fastest time on Thursday, just two seconds from the quickest overall time set by Felipe Massa of Ferrari. At the previous test in Barcelona, the team was 2.7secs from the fastest time: a 0.7secs net increase.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU