Xmas, Scenes at a Mall

Rajiv

[ HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING YET ] Malls have no easy parking left, so you peep around like pigeon looking for that perfect spot. You walk the ramp towards the main shopping area where you find atleast 3 people from salvation army and a santa asking for your donation. You are not really sure where to go first but your eyes automatically zoom towards the 50" TV on the right You really want that but you walk towards an area which leaves you nowhere as you really not sure if you want to get new shoes or clothes You enter a store but are already tempted by the next door salesgirl who is dressed to kill You really don't buy anything there but take a good inspection and head towards nowhere again You finally find a familiar gap and browse some deals and buy something for the sake of it You tried the new pants but your old shoes gave you a complex so head towards ALDO and catch the attention of a 17 year old who knows nothing about style You are so tired that you actually buy his suggestion and swipe another $200 for those mafia designed shoes. Your hands are full and you are hungry, out of 40 different food stalls the loudest is the little Chinese lady who shouts out "Chicken Kung Pow", you buy he combo with 2 sides and don't even finish half of it You sit and munch that greasy Chinese food while watching 14-17 year olds just giggling for no reason, the desi girls with their bf's with razor trimmed beard behind their back as their bodyguards. 40 year old ladies with dark lipstick and powder splash their face, kinds jumping around as usual So, I sit and think ( Kabhi Diwali Shopping Nahin kiya, Bada aaya hain Christmas shopping karne ) [/HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING YET ] ..how was your mall scene

Done my Xmas shopping for the year, sent gifts to my loved ones. Only New Year cards remain. Personally I love shopping at malls. I suppose to get the most you have to plan it. I normally go early, about 10ish to avoid parking issues. If there is still parking problems I would drive further towards a seasonal store(like those swimwear shops) or Supplement stores which generally always gets me a space. Then do some shopping for an hour or two, catch lunch followed by a movie(most malls have a theatre these days), then maybe another hour shopping and go home. I buy specific stuff from Online, like Health Supplements, Books, CD/DVDs etc. But clothes are a major no-no. With clothes it is often an impulsive buying and I am finicky about the fit. Somehow I have seen two same size jeans are never the exact same fit and I wouldnt chance that. Of course the sheer electricity during Xmas with all those kids taking snaps with Santa is hard to beat. xxx

may be u can do a bit more on the buziest monday of this year.. the coming monday.. 24th of Dec..
Actually this weekend. :D:D I have to get started on a close friends birthday early next year, so uske liye shopping karoonga. Actually this is one of the incentives to be in Phoenix. Weather is good(in 50s-60s at this time of the year) plus lots of malls(including Outlet Malls).

The one thing I just cannot fathom is the stress that people experience during holiday season. Holidays should be about fun and relaxation. But, no. People around me are always whining about: (a) The stress of travel (b) The stress of buying the right gift for everyone © The stress of your credit card balance skyrocketing (d) The stress of one-upping everyone with your gifting (e) The stress of decorating your home (f) The stress of having family visiting even if it is for just one day Reminds me of the Hindi song that has a kid singing the line - "... Dudh peene me tension ... tension tension tension...." Thus far, we have avoided most of this stress. Let's see how long it lasts.