Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Guest Gunner
C'mon guys..Raina's weakness against short stuff is exaggerated..he certainly is no Ganguly. And its only the hook which causes the problem..his backfoot play otherwise is one of the best in the Indian team.And you can't honestly be not impressed with other areas of his game.
I am not saying that raina is the worst we have produced against the short stuff but I want to see him face some hostile bowling in a test match to see if it proves to be a fatal chink in an otherwise sound all round game.
I am not saying that raina is the worst we have produced against the short stuff but I want to see him face some hostile bowling in a test match to see if it proves to be a fatal chink in an otherwise sound all round game.
Certainly..i wasn't saying he should walk into the Test team either.

KT stop with your hypothesis already. Rohit got his fair share in ODI's and failed to capitalize on his opportunities. You are asking the selectors to bring him in the squad because of his 23(20)* in the current CL match ?

KT stop with your hypothesis already. Rohit got his fair share in ODI's and failed to capitalize on his opportunities. You are asking the selectors to bring him in the squad because of his 23(20)* in the current CL match ?
Nope he dropped because of a few 20/20 lottery performances. The cricket eye will tell you he is class and its obvious he is the real deal. I dont judge a player on a few months. Just like to me its obvious Nehra is cr/ap despite a few decent performances. Its also obvious Sharma is class despite a few failures. He is 22 and clearly going to be a top performer for India. p.s yes I know he just got out:--D But that means jack. He is a rare talent and nees to be in India team
Nope he dropped because of a few 20/20 lottery performances. The cricket eye will tell you he is class and its obvious he is the real deal. I dont judge a player on a few months. Just like to me its obvious Nehra is cr/ap despite a few decent performances. Its also obvious Sharma is class despite a few failures. He is 22 and clearly going to be a top performer for India. p.s yes I know he just got out:--D But that means jack. He is a rare talent and nees to be in India team
NO! He was dropped because he did jack in ODI's. IKP averages more than RS when it comes to batting in ODI's. He might be a class act but will need to earn his place back in the ODI's.
Lolz' date=' 24 from 22 in a Champions League match merits selection :dontknow: and I am [b']supposed to biased coz he hails from my region. Let him do the hard yards in the domestics and earn his place back.
If you note I started this thread way before this match! He will earn his place back. Also note he avergaes just under 50 in FC cricket. And guarantee he will blitz FC cricket with runs to get the recall
If you note I started this thread way before this match! He will earn his place back. Also note he avergaes just under 50 in FC cricket. And guarantee he will blitz FC cricket with runs to get the recall
Lolz, We all know about his talent, I doubt whether that was ever in question, It was his application and determination These are his ODI Scores since Aug 2008.
19 0 32 18 3 11* 3 28 8* 25* 4* 15 DNB 43* 4 0 11 TDNB
Not that intersted in stats. He is 22 and class. My cricket eyes don't lie. He is a future great! He sends a shiver of excitment down my back every time I see him bat!
So whoever soothes your eye should be in the team irrespective of their performance ? You must either go check your eyes or read Cricket 101, because your eyes tell you that Nehra should be out and Rohit should be in ... thank goodness you are not the selector :woot:
Lolz' date=' 24 from 22 in a Champions League match merits selection :dontknow: and I am [b']supposed to biased coz he hails from my region. Let him do the hard yards in the domestics and earn his place back.
You hate him because he is an impure southie. :finger: :P