Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

I would say he is second class. Given glimpse of his talent but not done nuff.
India needs result-oriented cricketers. Dhoni might not be as pretty to watch as Rohit. But he gets the results. At the end of the day that is what matters. Pretty much all Indian fans were excited about him when he started his career. But he has simply failed to deliver reasonably consistently.
Good post :two_thumbs_up: I can think only Tendulkar whos better than him in that aspect .
comparing him to Tendulkar ???(..even though you say Tendu was better..duh!) ....:haha:..ever seen where Tendulkar was as a batsman when he was 22 ? besides a lot of batsmen have 'all the shots in the book'... but sometimes it only stays in the 'book'
besides a lot of batsmen have 'all the shots in the book'... but sometimes it only stays in the 'book'
We had this guy named Ramanujam in our office. On fridays we used to play cricket. Any time he walks out to the crease he would practice all the copy book shots in the air before facing the first ball. Front foot defense, pull shot, lofted shot.. everything. invariably he would get out in the first 5 balls. :hysterical:
We had this guy named Ramanujam in our office. On fridays we used to play cricket. Any time he walks out to the crease he would practice all the copy book shots in the air before facing the first ball. Front foot defense' date=' pull shot, lofted shot.. everything. invariably he would get out in the first 5 balls. :hysterical:[/quote'] I've seen my fair share of 'Talunts' too :hysterical:

I think the only format he might cash in is Test cricket. He is someone who takes his time to settle down and does tend to have the tendency to be able to occupy the crease, something which Yuvraj has miserably failed. I have always felt that he needs to be dropped from ODI's and T20's, and rather be picked for Test matches. He has had quite a lot of chances to impress in ODI cricket, but has generally disappointed. Now if he repeats the same in Test cricket as well, he might as well give hockey or football a try instead.

So one poster is slamming him for getting out in 20/20 lottery game and another says he is will only succeed in tests. Well tests are what its all about for me. And he will deliver in that. And frankly in all formats. He is class AND ONLY 22!!! He scored a triple ton in FC cricket last year, so can't be that bad!! The way people write of our young talents at such a tender age is frankly hysterical. Chawla is 21 and already has a hate club formed along with hate club for Sharma.

Someone needs to ask him to start getting fitter else his career will be in danger much before it takes off. Has got everything needed to succeed at international level and play for 10-12 years for India, needs to sort out his shot selection and now the bulging waistline as well.

It's only a T20, but Sharma shows how he is in a different class when the match is transported from flat tracks and quality bowling. Needs to work on his temperament, but his ability is just on a different plane from the rest.
:agree: