Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

:hysterical: Sharma has all the shots its his shot selection that was the problem.openers have to be cautious particularly with dhawan attacking.
he can play more than one shot to any ball.. his tiny brain gets him in tangle abt which shot to play at times :confused:
still playing at strike rate of 60 and getting out every time after start hurts the team.. fair enough if he converts even one of 3-4 starts but right now its just slow starts and dismissal :orderorder:
Does not matter, especially on such pitches. You do realize these are not perfect tracks for batting where you can come start hitting. Here you have to survive new ball and lay a platform. Look at how the ball was jagjing both ways. A few quick wickets and you are out of the game. Look at since these two have opened, whenever they have created a platform, we have scored big. With two new balls, it is about surviving first 15 overs on such pitches and after that it becomes easy for batsmen to come. Same happened against WI in last match. Let him play on flatter tracks and then see what he does.
Does not matter' date=' especially on such pitches. You do realize these are not perfect tracks for batting where you can come start hitting. Here you have to survive new ball and lay a platform. Look at how the ball was jagjing both ways. A few quick wickets and you are out of the game. Look at since these two have opened, whenever they have created a platform, we have scored big. With two new balls, it is about surviving first 15 overs on such pitches and after that it becomes easy for batsmen to come. Same happened against WI in last match. Let him play on flatter tracks and then see what he does.[/quote'] im not complaining about yesterday pitch was really bad ..but what baout game before that where kohli scored 100 and rohit threw it away again ? what about every game in champions trophy ? its not one or two games it has happened ever since he started opening inning .. i will just ask u to see conversion rate of most openers in world it will be very high its bcos once u open batting u have responsibility if u survive to score big.. no one is asking him to score at 100 strike rate just after first 50 accelerate a bit and in the end have decent strike rate of 80.. this game was good he survived and struck around so full credit there. i think he needs to change his approach a bit no one is asking him to slog but there is definative problem where u have 2 sixes and many boundaries in ur inning and u still are crawling at strike rate of under 60 ! he needs to defend ball in gaps and take singles and keep moving no need of risk jsut take more singles and doubles without risk :two_thumbs_up:
im not complaining about yesterday pitch was really bad ..but what baout game before that where kohli scored 100 and rohit threw it away again ? what about every game in champions trophy ? its not one or two games it has happened ever since he started opening inning .. i will just ask u to see conversion rate of most openers in world it will be very high its bcos once u open batting u have responsibility if u survive to score big.. no one is asking him to score at 100 strike rate just after first 50 accelerate a bit and in the end have decent strike rate of 80.. this game was good he survived and struck around so full credit there. i think he needs to change his approach a bit no one is asking him to slog but there is definative problem where u have 2 sixes and many boundaries in ur inning and u still are crawling at strike rate of under 60 ! he needs to defend ball in gaps and take singles and keep moving no need of risk jsut take more singles and doubles without risk :two_thumbs_up:
That pitch was not easy to bat too. You must give credit to the opening partnership that they fought hard when new ball was doing all sorts of things. Remember that was a new pitch with green grass and we lost the toss and was inserted to bat. WI wanted to make use of good early morning conditions for bowling early on but Rohit and Dhawan played well and scored 123 in 23 overs for first wicket. Yes, he did miss out on a big score, but he did his job that is too play new ball and give a good start. You dont want to expose your middle order to newish ball that should be the ultimate target with two new balls used. When ball gets old, pitch usually ease out and other batsmen can easily thrive.
That pitch was not easy to bat too. You must give credit to the opening partnership that they fought hard when new ball was doing all sorts of things. Remember that was a new pitch with green grass and we lost the toss and was inserted to bat. WI wanted to make use of good early morning conditions for bowling early on but Rohit and Dhawan played well and scored 123 in 23 overs for first wicket. Yes' date=' he did miss out on a big score, but he did his job that is too play new ball and give a good start. You dont want to expose your middle order to newish ball that should be the ultimate target with two new balls used. When ball gets old, pitch usually ease out and other batsmen can easily thrive.[/quote'] But he did the hard work and threw it when it got easier.. OK what about champions trophy ? Why can't he just for once play on a big inning? To me its simple the lack of singles If he plays 100 balls with more singles he will be scoring 80 runs instead of 60 zdn 100 instead of 70:winky:
But he did the hard work and threw it when it got easier.. OK what about champions trophy ? Why can't he just for once play on a big inning? To me its simple the lack of singles If he plays 100 balls with more singles he will be scoring 80 runs instead of 60 zdn 100 instead of 70:winky:
It is not like he has not scored a 100. It will certainly come. It is all about confidence .
He still is playing for his place' date='i like the seriousness and patience he is showing nowadays.[/quote'] That i cannot agree man.. Every player at some point play for their places. That should not be an excuse to perform poorly. If you perform well why would they drop you? He has played what 10 or 11 ODIs in a row. Don't think he is playing for place anymore. It is only Karthik and Vijay (who lost anyway) are playing for their places. Again the same logic applied to them as well. If you score runs nobody is going to drop you. You should take the next step.
Yeah against Zimbabwe and Lanka in series no one remembers..
Every match you play is important because as a #1 team, you are supposed to win everything, even if you lose one match, you lose points, more points if you lose to Zimbabwe. Right now I am satisfied with the way he has batted and he has not even looked at his best yet.
That i cannot agree man.. Every player at some point play for their places. That should not be an excuse to perform poorly. If you perform well why would they drop you? He has played what 10 or 11 ODIs in a row. Don't think he is playing for place anymore. It is only Karthik and Vijay (who lost anyway) are playing for their places. Again the same logic applied to them as well. If you score runs nobody is going to drop you. You should take the next step.
But he has not performed poorly. He is averaging 40 plus since he has started opening. SR might be low but that is more because of conditions he has batted in England and WI with two new balls.
Every match you play is important because as a #1 team' date=' you are supposed to win everything, even if you lose one match, you lose points, more points if you lose to Zimbabwe. Right now I am satisfied with the way he has batted and he has not even looked at his best yet.[/quote'] No one said it was not important match We are talking about his ability here and Zimbabwe sure as hell is easier to score hundred against then any other team
But he has not performed poorly. He is averaging 40 plus since he has started opening. SR might be low but that is more because of conditions he has batted in England and WI with two new balls.
Well.. once the conditions ease out he should have capitalized on it. When you compare Rohit with Rohit(past) it all looks good. But sooner than later he has to go on to make big runs. I seriously doubt if he has the game to go on to make big one. He doesn't pace the innings very well. He gets stuck.
No one said it was not important match We are talking about his ability here and Zimbabwe sure as hell is easier to score hundred against then any other team
We lost all the matches against Zim last time. So dont think they are easy. They have better bowling attack now than last time with Jarvis. Even SL bowling is nothing special.
Well.. once the conditions ease out he should have capitalized on it. When you compare Rohit with Rohit(past) it all looks good. But sooner than later he has to go on to make big runs. I seriously doubt if he has the game to go on to make big one. He doesn't pace the innings very well. He gets stuck.
I think he will get better. We all know he can accelerate anytime. It is not like he does not have shots. As I said, it is all about confidence.
I think he will get better. We all know he can accelerate anytime. It is not like he does not have shots. As I said' date=' it is all about confidence.[/quote'] That is exactly what I'm saying..problem is not boundary shots ..problem is dot balls In all these matches he hit fair share of 4 and 6 ERS Even I think he will get better ..honestly I'm impressed by him never thought he will do this well.. I'm just talking about his problems still which can lead to his downfall again Nd its the dot balls he playsout and unlike kohli is never there to finish the game..
hes arguably having best form of his ODI career so far and still not converting starts or going at good rate.Once he plays top teams' date='he'll back to square one I'm afraid[/quote'] Didn't he do decently well in CT and played well against SA on a cloudy morning? You don't play teams, you more often play conditions. You will rarely find tougher conditions than these anywhere. and his best form was in year 2011 when he scored 500 odd runs at an average of 93.