Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

what? please elaborate .. is scoring hundred against zimbabwe similar to scoring hundred against top side ?
Zimbabwe pitches are slow and he struggles on slow pitches ... Plus anyone who has seen Zimbabwe playing against west indies earlier this year knows Zimbabwe have good bowlers for the tracks at home.
Zimbabwe pitches are slow and he struggles on slow pitches ... Plus anyone who has seen Zimbabwe playing against west indies earlier this year knows Zimbabwe have good bowlers for the tracks at home.
we did not play zimbabwe earlier this year .. please dont make it sound like he scored runs against top team cos he did not .. they are not even a test playing nation so imo that 100 counts for nothing.. his inning against sri lanka was better and 90 odd against west indies but its fair criticism that even after so many matches he does not have big scores to show for..
Didn't he do decently well in CT and played well against SA on a cloudy morning? You don't play teams' date=' you more often play conditions. You will rarely find tougher conditions than these anywhere. and his best form was in year 2011 when he scored 500 odd runs at an average of 93.[/quote'] Thats why I said hes in great form.even there he threw away a great start.Thankfully Dhawan did not.just surving tough conditions isnt everything,once you do that you need to make it count too. 2011 runs v mainly against WI.Here hes scored against all in tougher conditions.So hes in better form here imo
we did not play zimbabwe earlier this year .. please dont make it sound like he scored runs against top team cos he did not .. they are not even a test playing nation so imo that 100 counts for nothing.. his inning against sri lanka was better and 90 odd against west indies but its fair criticism that even after so many matches he does not have big scores to show for..
You are ridiculous ... Me mine bowl diya :eviltongue: I said zim vs wi earlier this year ... Read properly ... And even I meant the same me he wont score because he struggles and zim have good bowlers this time.
You are ridiculous ... Me mine bowl diya :eviltongue: I said zim vs wi earlier this year ... Read properly ... And even I meant the same me he wont score because he struggles and zim have good bowlers this time.
Year..discussion is about him scoring big runs and hundred against Zimbabwe does not prove anything Imo What are u trying to say ..sorry if I did not understood it correctly
Thats why I said hes in great form.even there he threw away a great start.Thankfully Dhawan did not.just surving tough conditions isnt everything,once you do that you need to make it count too. 2011 runs v mainly against WI.Here hes scored against all in tougher conditions.So hes in better form here imo
I dont think he is in really great form. He is just trying to grind it out in difficult conditions. This is how he can bat when he is in form. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDb40_vdQ1o]Rohit Sharma 50 India v South Africa 2007 World Cup - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSb7gEHm0VU]Rohit Sharma 80(53)- India v Pakistan Oval 3rd June 2009 - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fny5C5YCEw]Rohit Sharma 77 vs Australia SCG 2008 - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_NUABdmDo]Rohit Sharma 86 vs West Indies 2011. - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJYN9xUE_OQ]1st Inning Outstanding Batting by Rohit Sharma: IPL 2012 - KKR vs MI, Match 58 - YouTube[/ame]
As I always say you play conditions, not the team. On flat tracks, even best bowling attacks look ordinary but on juicy and tough tracks even Ireland can make look ordinary.
Year..discussion is about him scoring big runs and hundred against Zimbabwe does not prove anything Imo What are u trying to say ..sorry if I did not understood it correctly
I am saying that he won't get big runs forget 100. Because pitches in zimbok land will be slow and uneven and he struggles on such pitches. Zimbabwe also have good bowlers for such pitches as was evident from their series earlier this year against west indies.
I am saying that he won't get big runs forget 100. Because pitches in zimbok land will be slow and uneven and he struggles on such pitches. Zimbabwe also have good bowlers for such pitches as was evident from their series earlier this year against west indies.
Acha.. Tell me why do u think he is not making big runs ? I think its dot balls wbu you ?
Don't think track was bad
Which track was not bad? Yesterday's track was one of the most difficult track to bat on, you will ever see. It had everything, seam of the pitch, swing in the air, variable bounce, turn for the spinners and ball was not coming on to the bat. You remember on helpful tracks, even likes of Douglas Hondo, Henry Olonga, Thomas Odoyo have made our batsmen look like fools and on flat tracks, same bowlers were thrashed by same batsmen and that is for even the best bowlers in the world. Ultra flat tracks can make any bowler look ordinary. That is why I say you always play conditions, not teams.
Which track was not bad? Yesterday's track was one of the most difficult track to bat on, you will ever see. It had everything, seam of the pitch, swing in the air, variable bounce, turn for the spinners and ball was not coming on to the bat. You remember on helpful tracks, even likes of Douglas Hondo, Henry Olonga, Thomas Odoyo have made our batsmen look like fools and on flat tracks, same bowlers were thrashed by same batsmen and that is for even the best bowlers in the world. Ultra flat tracks can make any bowler look ordinary. That is why I say you always play conditions, not teams.
I'm talking abt Zimbabwe game Ididnt our bowlers like yadav and finds got smashed in Zimbabwe?
^ That is more to do with conditions.Even Kohli and Dhawan have started slow in few matches. Just the fact hes surving these conditions tells me hes in top form.Otherwise he would not have.
But when Dhawan tried to attack he got out and that is why he has scored less runs than Rohit in this series while Kohli has only one innings that 100 against WI to talk about and that is when he cam out bat after a 123 runs opening partnership, ball was older and conditions had eased out for batting considerably. Problem with Rohit was that he could not make big scores, otherwise he has all the abilities to play aggressively and score at a high SR too once and then Kohli does not any pressure of playing for his spot in the team. Looking all these things, Rohit has done well even without looking really good.
I'm talking abt Zimbabwe game Ididnt our bowlers like yadav and finds got smashed in Zimbabwe?
I am not talking about Zimbabwe game. I was talking about in general. In Zimbabwe, there is always something with the new ball and most of our batsmen had struggled there last time.