Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

since becoming an opener in january, he has scored 423 runs @ 42.30, with 4 fifties in 11 matches. he has been involved in 3 100+ opening stands. its not bad, but then his highest score is only 83 (vs ENG at mohali) and SR is 70. from a team point of view, you can see why they still persist with him. good runner between the wickets, good communication with shikhar and a good fielder. doesn't score big but will hold up an end at the very least. i still think there are openers out there who could do better but maybe he isn't doing as bad as ppl think? i might be judging him too harshly on his individual stats. big individual scores look nice on the scorecard but partnerships are more valuable.
and after today's game, he is averaging over 43 this year and has 5 fifties in 12 matches. its hard to complain about those numbers, even if he hasnt made the big score. he is also trying harder than ever to protect his wicket. wasnt that a huge criticism ppl had - giving it away easily?
As **** as he is' date=' he's had a pretty good series[/quote'] Why abuse him? What has he done? Young bat who has matured, worked on his game and now doing well. Why abuse players who work and improve?? Plus should be in test team immediatley. Will really boost and solidify middle order for SA
Why abuse him? What has he done? Young bat who has matured, worked on his game and now doing well. Why abuse players who work and improve?? Plus should be in test team immediatley. Will really boost and solidify middle order for SA
he probably said shyte..its more of a phase than abuse
He is not mediocre but will end up as one because he throws away the starts he gets.
rohit was in form in IPL but i guess he is still not one of the best and he has got a lot of chance. i beleive pujara , rahane ,Manoj Tiwari , even Raydu are better than him as they have produced consistent and better RESULTS. Manoj tiwari has been plain unlucky or dhoni kinda hated him so he was not given that many chances.Rahane is also an exceptional batsman and is bound to suceed. Pujara is probably a better batsman than even KOHLI so he is by far the best INDIA batsman as on today , whether it is ODI or Tests..yes he may not suit t 20. so i beleive ROHIT got so many chances bcos of his contacts and i guarantee all these guys will suceed big time if they are in the eleven. dont expect much in africa from him, sure his defence technique is not that good.