Phone, Tablet releases 2015 year edition

vvvslaxman

i am probably getting iphone 6s (finally more ram! )

ipad pro was bit of a joke but chip inside is so amazing but surpace pro over it anyday..

nexus were very cool specially 6p and loved the new chromecast as they can easily just hide behind tv's now even if you have them mounted to wall and i want it badly but then i realise its kind of useless in india.

microsoft event is coming soon and hopefully we can discuss it here :P

Why are all these companies making such huge phones?

market demand and probably easier for them to make them (fit as many specs as they can )

for example the camera sensors these manufacturers are fitting with OIS are huge and i doubt any small phone will have as good picture quality compared to what they are able to fit in these big ones.

and on top of that they can fit bigger battery and use chip like sd810 with less heating issue compared  to fitting it in more cramped phone .

also market is clearly there but i agree with you there needs to be smaller option too.. samsung,sony and apple have good phones in smallish size but real flagship of all these companies is phablet (better battery ,screen,camera ,more power etc etc )because of reasons i mentioned. looking at sales of iphone 6s its clear there is still market (heck market for even smaller phone like 5s ) but for these companies market for bigger phone is much bigger according to market research (according to motorola )..

edit..

in case of this lg phone ..well its meant for making videos so having huge screen will help in many ways..

Edited by sabby2013

market demand and probably easier for them to make them (fit as many specs as they can )

for example the camera sensors these manufacturers are fitting with OIS are huge and i doubt any small phone will have as good picture quality compared to what they are able to fit in these big ones.

and on top of that they can fit bigger battery and use chip like sd810 with less heating issue compared  to fitting it in more cramped phone .

also market is clearly there but i agree with you there needs to be smaller option too.. samsung,sony and apple have good phones in smallish size but real flagship of all these companies is phablet (better battery ,screen,camera ,more power etc etc )because of reasons i mentioned. looking at sales of iphone 6s its clear there is still market (heck market for even smaller phone like 5s ) but for these companies market for bigger phone is much bigger according to market research (according to motorola )..

look at Galaxy S6. It is not a huge phone, but has big camera sensor and OIS. Look at HTC, the leave so much bezel top and bottom. LG Is the best in terms of keeping the size down even with 5.5 display, their phones are more compact than any other company. V10 is big because it has dual front display. LG keeps bezels to minimum. Apple also has big bezels.

look at Galaxy S6. It is not a huge phone, but has big camera sensor and OIS. Look at HTC, the leave so much bezel top and bottom. LG Is the best in terms of keeping the size down even with 5.5 display, their phones are more compact than any other company. V10 is big because it has dual front display. LG keeps bezels to minimum. Apple also has big bezels.

yes but s6 has huge camera bump and mediocre battery (they had to reduce battery compared to last generation,inspite of having sealed battery which helps manufacture fit in slightly bigger battery ) so that was the compromise they made.

also exynos is very efficient so that helped..

apple has home button and its iconic so until they can implement it properly on screen itself it will remain there but yes bezels are huge on it.

Edited by sabby2013

yes but s6 has huge camera bump and mediocre battery (they had to reduce battery compared to last generation,inspite of having sealed battery which helps manufacture fit in slightly bigger battery ) so that was the compromise they made.

apple has home button and its iconic so until they can implement it properly on screen itself it will remain there but yes bezels are huge on it.

The reason for that camera bump is different. They keep camera behind the display instead of top of the display which is the reason for camera bump. They can easily remove the camera bump but it will increase the thickness like in Nokia phones Lumia 920 which is good 4-mm thicker than S6.

The reason for that camera bump is different. They keep camera behind the display instead of top of the display which is the reason for camera bump. They can easily remove the camera bump but it will increase the thickness like in Nokia phones Lumia 920 which is good 4-mm thicker than S6.

i am aware of that but sensor takes space inside phone too and that reduced battery and they can probably fit bigger in note if need be (look at iphone for example ois only on bigger phone ) 

Lumia 920 has OIS which is not really a big phone. i dont really see much usability of phones too thin. They wont have big batteries too and big phones are not pocketable.  920 is 10.7 mm thick and I dont mind that 9-10 mm of thickness if they can fit in big batteries and keeping size pocketable.

Lumia 920 has OIS which is not really a big phone. i dont really see much usability of phones too thin. They wont have big batteries too and big phones are not pocketable.  920 is 10.7 mm thick and I dont mind that 9-10 mm of thickness if they can fit in big batteries and keeping size pocketable.

i am with you on that but thin phones sell and that is how market is..

i am with you on that but thin phones sell and that is how market is..

It is not about what sells, but what is presented to you. They presented and marketed thinness, people turned toward thinness. If they market battery size and life same way for their flagship phones, people will like that too. IF S6 was 8.8 mm instead of 6.8, I dont see 2 mm making a huge difference while holding it and they are packing QHD display with 2700 MAH battery. It is a joke.

It is not about what sells, but what is presented to you. They presented and marketed thinness, people turned toward thinness. If they market battery size and life same way for their flagship phones, people will like that too. IF S6 was 8.8 mm instead of 6.8, I dont see 2 mm making a huge difference while holding it and they are packing QHD display with 2700 MAH battery. It is a joke.

like i said i am totally on some boat with you and will anyday use 2 inch thicker phones if it lasts me a day over thinner one but most people are not like that and love thin devices and they are selling millions of them..i find it funny how quick charging is a feature now as to me it seems like problem that you have to charge phone mid day .. :P