Phone, Tablet releases 2015 year edition

vvvslaxman

like i said i am totally on some boat with you and will anyday use 2 inch thicker phones if it lasts me a day over thinner one but most people are not like that and love thin devices and they are selling millions of them..i find it funny how quick charging is a feature now as to me it seems like problem that you have to charge phone mid day .. :P

Problem is with marketing. They set wrong trends to sell their shit. What is the use of a phone if you have to keep charging it twice a day. We had QHD display and now Sony started 4K display trend. Next year, every flagship will be 4K with same battery life. who needs such resolutions on a phone. I used FHD and HD, and i didn't see any usability issue. Companies have to make and sell something and that just start adding useless features.

Problem is with marketing. They set wrong trends to sell their shit. What is the use of a phone if you have to keep charging it twice a day. We had QHD display and now Sony started 4K display trend. Next year, every flagship will be 4K with same battery life. who needs such resolutions on a phone. I used FHD and HD, and i didn't see any usability issue. Companies have to make and sell something and that just start adding useless features.

i do not think 4k will become standard anytime soon but again agree with what you are saying..

good thing is i am seeing lot if improvement in things like nand speeds ,screen accuracy ,camera quality and general design of software so not all is bad :D

I feel I am out of the "get the latest smartphone" bug at last. Last week, I got a spare battery for my S4 from eBay for 600 bucks ( The old battery was taking too long to charge and discharge was also quicker than when I bought the phone ). Now battery life is great and phone feels new.

It wont get Marshmallow but I don't care now. I never used Lollipop new features much anyway.

Have already used S4 for 2 years now and hope to use it for one more year and then buy any 1 year old flagship from LG,Samsung or a Nexus when prices come down due to new model.

i do not think 4k will become standard anytime soon but again agree with what you are saying..

good thing is i am seeing lot if improvement in things like nand speeds ,screen accuracy ,camera quality and general design of software so not all is bad :D

Cameras certainly have become really good.

I feel I am out of the "get the latest smartphone" bug at last. Last week, I got a spare battery for my S4 from eBay for 600 bucks ( The old battery was taking too long to charge and discharge was also quicker than when I bought the phone ). Now battery life is great and phone feels new.

It wont get Marshmallow but I don't care now. I never used Lollipop new features much anyway.

Have already used S4 for 2 years now and hope to use it for one more year and then buy any 1 year old flagship from LG,Samsung or a Nexus when prices come down due to new model.

you dont know what happened to my phone..my family was able to break 3 phones in 2 weeks :sweat_smile:..

i would have used moto x for atleast 2 years until it stopped getting software updates ..imo android m is big update and not because of features but because of stuff it does in back ground.

it has new feature called doze which stops all background wake locks when phone detects phone is sitting idle and not moving at all and its on by default for all applications and only way to get around for developers is to use google notification service and make their app high priority which is big enough hassle that most apps wont do it.

and on top of that you have permissions so to me its huge update ..i am not even talking about security problems on older OS so be careful..

you dont know what happened to my phone..my family was able to break 3 phones in 2 weeks :sweat_smile:..

i would have used moto x for atleast 2 years until it stopped getting software updates ..imo android m is big update and not because of features but because of stuff it does in back ground.

it has new feature called doze which stops all background wake locks when phone detects phone is sitting idle and not moving at all and its on by default for all applications and only way to get around for developers is to use google notification service and make their app high priority which is big enough hassle that most apps wont do it.

and on top of that you have permissions so to me its huge update ..i am not even talking about security problems on older OS so be careful..

Come on yaar. Millions of android phones are still on Jellybean/Kitkat - just look at android version share of market - used by developers. This security thing is over-emphasized. My Samsung tab P3110 - 2 and half years old still runs Jellybean and never had an issue.

Android-updates-distribution-numbers-May

In any case, if I really want Marshmallow, I can use a custom ROM. S4 is a very popular phone and I am 100% sure that there will be a Marshmallow custom ROM and even the next version of Android too if lucky.

It's not just software but also security patches which manufactures promised to release every month ..

you must have read about stage fright and now another issue like that.

situation shown in graph is not ideal at all and majority being outdated make this problem far more scary to me.

Anyone following the IOS9's safari adblock? This stirred a huge debate that Apple is trying to kill the free internet. Apparantly 90% Google's revenues comes from their doubleclick and a huge share comes from IOS. Apple hit google where it hurts 

adblockers have existed on PCs for ages now and did not hurt anyone and same will happen here.

technical minority will install them but even then it only blocks ads in safari not in apps which most app publisher use google for ..

even in apple ecosystem their on iAds is not that popular but their news app definitely will make impact as they will serve ads there .

in the end at very most 20 percent of users install adblockers (I am being generous ) which obviously will impact industry but it won't end web and won't change a thing ..few sites like verge made this small thing into huge story and Imo nothing drastic will happen justway ads work might change ( like on YouTube we see trend of sponsors like debrand ) ..

adblockers have existed on PCs for ages now and did not hurt anyone and same will happen here.

technical minority will install them but even then it only blocks ads in safari not in apps which most app publisher use google for ..

even in apple ecosystem their on iAds is not that popular but their news app definitely will make impact as they will serve ads there .

in the end at very most 20 percent of users install adblockers (I am being generous ) which obviously will impact industry but it won't end web and won't change a thing ..few sites like verge made this small thing into huge story and Imo nothing drastic will happen justway ads work might change ( like on YouTube we see trend of sponsors like debrand ) ..

Very few PC users installed adblocks, but in recent years there is a huge growth in the ad revenues in the smartphone era. I m sure most users will install atleast a free adblocking apps if they ever see one on the app store. 

The problem is not adding the content block tools in IOS, but the fact that the Adblocking apps quickly made to the top in the app store caused panic among many small-medium sites. I agree with the impact, they might atleast get rid of the malicious ads, ads that steal mobile balance, "You just won 1 million $ !!! " ads. 

One of the developer (Peace adblock) even pulled his app on appstore since he felt bad for creating it. They would have made an even bigger issue if not overshadowed by the VW emmissions scandal. 

Very few PC users installed adblocks, but in recent years there is a huge growth in the ad revenues in the smartphone era. I m sure most users will install atleast a free adblocking apps if they ever see one on the app store. 

The problem is not adding the content block tools in IOS, but the fact that the Adblocking apps quickly made to the top in the app store caused panic among many small-medium sites. I agree with the impact, they might atleast get rid of the malicious ads, ads that steal mobile balance, "You just won 1 million $ !!! " ads. 

One of the developer (Peace adblock) even pulled his app on appstore since he felt bad for creating it. They would have made an even bigger issue if not overshadowed by the VW emmissions scandal. 

peace...do you listen to accidental tech podcast ?marco is one of host there and he explained why he pulled it and it was not because of ethics or anything such ;)

listen to it he totally thinks ads should be blocked and nothing will happen but did not want to be in this business ..

also ican assure you not even 10 percent of iOS install base will use it but tech site which attract power users will be effected as users o are likely to use content blockers visit them often but again it already is as high as 50 percent on such site which is extremely techie while site like verge are around 20 percent and nothing will change there .

like I said they are blowing it out of proportion and I doubt there will be any change to web..maybe ads will just get better and we will see more sponsored posts on such sites (daring fireball is good example) .