Phone, Tablet releases 2015 year edition

vvvslaxman

Lumia that turns into a desktop !! WTF !!  Microsoft is pulling away.

It looks awesome. Instead of a monitor, we should be able to use a mini wall projector too I guess and maybe a surface type keyboard. Excellent though I believe the concept was tried earlier through a palm size device - though never on a phone.

2 TB storage space increase, basic 32Gig memory... windows 10. :clap2:  Probably the best presentation by MS in a while. It was full fledged MS hardware presentation. Surfacebook, Surface pro 4, lumia , microsoft band, hololens

Also interesting were the comparisons

- Surface Pro 4 with Macbook Air ( and NOT IPad Air )

- Surfacebook with Macbook Pro

With Apple not moving at all towards touch on their Macbook line, looks like MS wants to hurt Apple most in its laptop range. MS does not seem too interested in the 'pure tablet' space in the 7 to 10.1 inch size - maybe it will look upto its partners Dell, HP, Asus,etc to fill that.

Also interesting were the comparisons

- Surface Pro 4 with Macbook Air ( and NOT IPad Air )

- Surfacebook with Macbook Pro

With Apple not moving at all towards touch on their Macbook line, looks like MS wants to hurt Apple most in its laptop range. MS does not seem too interested in the 'pure tablet' space in the 7 to 10.1 inch size - maybe it will look upto its partners Dell, HP, Asus,etc to fill that.

Surface pro was more a laptop which can be used as a tablet. Ipad pro just the opposite. Surface pro 3 was a resounding success so much so that  many had been waiting for this surface for pro 4 eagerly. MS did not disappoint them.  Ever since this clown left MS has turned it around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=68&v=wvsboPUjrGc

Edited by vvvslaxman

I am done with HTC, the battery life deteriorated substantially after the Lollipop update.

Besides the camera started giving off a pinkish hue after I dropped it once.

After much deliberation, settled on the S6 Active.Great battery,rugged and fast.also wireless charging helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am done with HTC, the battery life deteriorated substantially after the Lollipop update.

Besides the camera started giving off a pinkish hue after I dropped it once.

After much deliberation, settled on the S6 Active.Great battery,rugged and fast.also wireless charging helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

it lasted enough for you tbh mine died some time ago ..

s6 active is good choice but again updates might be problem but basic stuff about it camera,screen ,battery are best out there..

Edited by sabby2013

16 gb is 650 dollars in usa which is around 45k in rupees. Why every company is having insane prices in India?

not really yar its only apple 

motorola priced their phones less than usa prices in india and nexus like i explained after taxes is not that high (nexus 5x is just overpriced to begin with ) 

note 5 is as expensive as iphone in USA but in india its 10 k cheaper and thats 32 gb vs 16 gb...(not even talking about 6splus )

apple just went full retard here and now i will probably get 6p or note 5.

Edited by sabby2013

this microsoft event was just brilliant...they are different company under satya and i started using more microsoft apps even on my android..

good stuff!

Possibly the best ever considering the array of devices they came out with. Also presentation was very good including the Geek chick who presented Microsoft band . 

Possibly the best ever considering the array of devices they came out with. Also presentation was very good including the Geek chick who presented Microsoft band . 

they are now full hardware company so that helps increasing excitement but its stuff like holo lens which makes this microsoft different.

i dont care about their phones but its simply clear continum like solution is the future and way it worked here was very elegant and will only get better.

Edited by sabby2013

they are now full hardware company so that helps increasing excitement but its stuff like holo lens which makes this microsoft different.

i dont care about their phones but its simply clear continum like solution is the future and way it worked here was every elegant and will only get better.

Yes. Even hardcore Apple fans are mighty impressed.  Jobs gone, Cook took over.   Ballmer gone Nadella took over.  Over a period Apple started playing safe. They just did not deviate much from the iphone they came up with 8 years back. They just upgraded os, upgraded existing features. iphone,.. let us make it big and sell it as ipad.. let us slightly reduce it and sell it as ipad mini. let  us slightly increase the size and sell it as different version of iphone.. They just stay in their comfort zone. MS meanwhile silently pulled themselves away . They are working with multiple hightech companies to innovate new things.  Apple has become a fashion gadget . That will take care of their iphone sales. They don't have to worry about that. But if you look at from innovation point of view they have become stagnant somewhat.   They have to come up with better prices. 

this microsoft event was just brilliant...they are different company under satya and i started using more microsoft apps even on my android..

good stuff!

Agree. Still can't beat this. Developers! Developers! Developers! 

ballmer.gif

Edited by Detonator

Yes. Even hardcore Apple fans are mighty impressed.  Jobs gone, Cook took over.   Ballmer gone Nadella took over.  Over a period Apple started playing safe. They just did not deviate much from the iphone they came up with 8 years back. They just upgraded os, upgraded existing features. iphone,.. let us make it big and sell it as ipad.. let us slightly reduce it and sell it as ipad mini. let  us slightly increase the size and sell it as different version of iphone.. They just stay in their comfort zone. MS meanwhile silently pulled themselves away . They are working with multiple hightech companies to innovate new things.  Apple has become a fashion gadget . That will take care of their iphone sales. They don't have to worry about that. But if you look at from innovation point of view they have become stagnant somewhat.   They have to come up with better prices. 

see products are one thing but its vision...they are now caring more about services and not just os ...like i said i use android but i use microsft office suite ,one note ,outlook and their storage solution on cloud ..

they would have never done this under last CEO and that is biggest change now their one OS solution is paying off and they are half a decade ahead of competition at that.