BEEF controversy

Singh bling

Mob of 200 set ablaze vehicle carrying meat in Maharashtra :

A vehicle carrying meat was set ablaze allegedly by a mob in Sawkheda village in the district, police said on Monday. The incident occurred last night when the meat-laden van was going to Vijapur, Inspector of Veergaon police station Santosh Ghodke said.

Edited by amiret

Last year , the victim was a Hindu :

Last year on August 2, a mini-truck was stopped at a police check point in Najafgarh’s Chhawla village. As the driver negotiated his passage with the police, a group of villagers, some of them on bikes, gathered around the truck. In no time they beat up the driver mercilessly, breaking his skull and leaving him dead on the spot. His fault: he was driving a truck load of dead cows and buffaloes.

An hour later, the mob, which thought it had lynched a “Muslim cow smuggler”, came to know that the victim was a Hindu man named Shankar Kumar, belonging to the Valmiki community.

He was a South Delhi Municipal Corporation contractor and was carrying dead cows from a cowshed in Surehra village in Southwest Delhi for cremation at Ghazipur in East Delhi.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/article7723404.ece

Edited by amiret

I don't get this politics at all. All I can say is that court should give death penalties to all the involved. If possible drag some big politicians involved and punish them as well. Most importantly give some strict warnings to PMO to take definitive measures to prevent such hooliganism.

I feel sad for the victims and their family. RIP.

Yeah a very sad incident and all involved should be made an example out of....but here is the deal,why can't you let go eating beef....is it as much of a staple diet as rice or wheat?

I mean what if someone ate pork in a muslim country?

I am not justifying this at all...it is shameful but why such a big deal being made about beef either side.

Yeah a very sad incident and all involved should be made an example out of....but here is the deal,why can't you let go eating beef....is it as much of a staple diet as rice or wheat?

I mean what if someone ate pork in a muslim country?

I am not justifying this at all...it is shameful but why such a big deal being made about beef either side.

The question is about civil liberties, they should be able to do whatever they please in their homes. We are not a Islamic country to curtail that, everybody should be able to eat whatever they feel like without persecution. I have eaten beef altho I am not happy about it, but my kids shouldn't suffer being fatherless just because of that. It is ridiculous, I think RW loonies should first acknowledge that and then fight for goraksha, gomootra or whatever through individual religious abstinence rather than mob rule. It is like somebody getting lynched for whacking off!  

The question is about civil liberties, they should be able to do whatever they please in their homes. We are not a Islamic country to curtail that, everybody should be able to eat whatever they feel like without persecution. I have eaten beef altho I am not happy about it, but my kids shouldn't suffer being fatherless just because of that. It is ridiculous, I think RW loonies should first acknowledge that and then fight for goraksha, gomootra or whatever through individual religious abstinence rather than mob rule. It is like somebody getting lynched for whacking off!  

Exactly. I ate beef few times. I don't regret it or have problem with it. I don't like it at all but its not a life and death thing. I am a RSS/BJP supporter to the core but I don't agree with this type of ideology of these organizations. I think life evolves and I have evolved beyond RSS now.

Nothing is perfect in the world. Many people say to me that I am so liberal then how do supporting BJP or RSS works for me. I really don't know that. Being liberal doesn't mean everything that BJP/RSS stand for is wrong but for sure few things are taken too far by them. I know so many people like me.

To achieve anything individually, one has to burn self in the fire of life which molds us to the higher, evolved state. To go higher, we have to look up. If we continue to look at some of the Islamic countries and then justify stupidity that they do by doing it ourselves here then good luck. We are doomed.

FIR filed against BJP Social Media convenor and member of their IT cell  for spreading vicious rumors on Twitter :

This sad excuse for a human posted a gruesome picture of a sub-inspector’s body, alleging that he was mowed down by Muslims for trying to stop a truck carrying beef in Saharanpur BUT it turned out that the police personnel was killed when he tried to stop a truck carrying river stones.

CQpL7HnUEAAqAqv.jpg:large

^ what was the point of hosting the beef party? was it to enrage the other side... its like reproducing the charlie hebdo cartoons to prove a point

Still, shouldn't resort to vigilantism. If you want to retaliate, employ a smarter approach.

Problem is, idiots in the BJP have zero subtlety in dealing with the media.