Sign in to follow this  
maniac

Ben Stokes future ATG

I am really impressed with this player. Already has 2 test 100's,5 wicket hauls at both ODI and Test level,some useful contributions and a tremendous fielder.

Just like I jumped on the Steve Smith and Joe Root bandwagon way before it happened,I would like to call dibs on this prediction.

I see tremendous potential and with UAE series coming up,I am sure there will be a few more big scores around the corner.bowling...... well I think he will do well to hold one end.

:hatsoff: to the op..... Time and time again he does it..... Whatta legend

Yeah. Rohit Sharma struggling for his test spot, Ishant Sharma released from SRH, Rayudu losing his ODI spot in spite of great Biryani making skills.

PS: By the way, I've always thought of Ben Stokes as an all-rounder with great potential.

This is not Rocket science

Everyone knew Stokes, Root and to an extent Bairstow will be the future of England cricket

Yeah genius so why didn't you call dibs...... That's why you are unknown.

also I know your opinion of rohit and too add you are a csk supporter :hysterical: good luck with ipl 2016:giggle:

so your predictions are taken with a grain of salt(if there are any??? :confused: )

right now you are just a bandwagoner riding the cottails of my predictions.

Maniac's Method ™ 

1) Back a bunch of players.

2) If a backed player's a success, gloat.

3) If a backed player's a dud, act like a petulant child, go all delusional, twist the facts, over-hype limited achievements, make up stuff and repeat it ad nauseam, blame everyone and everything else except the player, and develop a strange reverence for absolutely trivial things like cycle agarbatti awards.

Has a long way to go. If he continues in this vein, will become one of Eng's best post-war allrounders along with Greig and Bottom. But, cricketing careers are seldom linear. Will be interesting to see his SC tours (not the UAE one) on turners.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

:((

have  to give it him for taking up the responsibility ....but still going to be a big name in world

cricket.... Shit happens 

was heartbroken to see him cry

I think he will be great in test cricket. Odi mixed bag..this will haunt him forever.

Not gonna say anything about his last over but he was a disappointment with the bat in this WT20 , today was a perfect opportunity for him to score a quick 40-50 & get his team towards a 175+ total. 

3 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I think he will be great in test cricket. Odi mixed bag..this will haunt him forever.

U always get a 2nd chance to come back, n when u get it depends on u.

Yuvraj singh was hit for 5 sixes in eng b4 t20 wc, he got a chance few mnths after and he cashed it.

Ben stokes will have his chances

He bowled 4 length balls - half volleys today... Zero variation... Would have loved to see a slow short ball or even a quick short one to surprise Brathwaite.. Might be a handy bowler in Tests, but poor performance today.

59 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

He bowled 4 length balls - half volleys today... Zero variation... Would have loved to see a slow short ball or even a quick short one to surprise Brathwaite.. Might be a handy bowler in Tests, but poor performance today.

Saw the highlights and the way Jordan bowled the 19th over, it was clear, go yorkers. Instead, all his yorker attempts were full tosses and too full to be pulled for 6s.

First ball was absolute shit but there is still a comeback possible. Second ball he tried to perfect the yorker and it was not a bad ball but missed by a little bit - was a genius hit by Carlos scooping that up. After that Stokes just lost it. 

I think captain and others should have calmed him down.

8 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Brathwaite didn't exactly have to time the ball. His brute force carried the ball over the fence.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Brathwaite didn't exactly have to time the ball. His brute force carried the ball over the fence.

Yes, but some variations, maybe a slow ball or a slow ball bouncer would have been difficult to put bat on ball.. Even a couple of dots after the first six or maybe a single could have changed things drastically.

2 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Yes, but some variations, maybe a slow ball or a slow ball bouncer would have been difficult to put bat on ball.. Even a couple of dots after the first six or maybe a single could have changed things drastically.

His length and direction was right in his arc. That was his mistake. Bit wider or bit shorter might have yielded some other result.

56 minutes ago, mishra said:

Give him a break. Barbie got hit 666666 by Yuvi. Now He is one of the top bowlers in current Cricketing world. Its not all doom and gloom for Stokes. He will bounce back

Barbie became a top bowler because of our brain fade batting in 2011 test series, it gave him massive confidence. Before that series, he got hammered by Sri Lankans and was about to dropped from the side.

Same can be said for Moeen who was actually a part time offie.

48 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Barbie became a top bowler because of our brain fade batting in 2011 test series, it gave him massive confidence. Before that series, he got hammered by Sri Lankans and was about to dropped from the side.

You don't pick up 25 wickets in 4 test matches at an average of under 14 due to batsman being brain faded or something like that, no, that was just good bowling...

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

9 minutes ago, Chase said:

You don't pick up 25 wickets in 4 test matches at an average of under 14 due to batsman being brain faded or something like that, no, that was just good bowling...

His average against India in India isnt very good. But against rest of world its very very impressive. I am sure he will improve that next time England visits India

1 hour ago, Chase said:

I followed that series ball by ball till Nottingham test (college semester vacations, was idle), and having seen the way our batters handled Steyn at his prime in 2010/2011 series before World Cup, this was a flop lazy show. The Indian team in that series was not only physically but mentally lazy too. Sure Broad was superb, but he was not that good as our batsmen made him look to be.

Apart from Dravid, all batsmen were reluctant to play on front foot, maybe lack of practice games was an issue here. You could easily see they were bored of cricket.

Before the series against India Moeen Ali had a reputation of being a part time offie, but after taking 19 wickets from 5 tests at an average of 23.00 on non turning wickets, he gained confidence. This doesn't mean he bowled that well, we all know how our batsmen were trying to hit his every ball for 6 and ended up gifting their wickets.

15 hours ago, Viper said:

He is taking all those to troll them.. same thing he is  with virat.. few years down the line He ll make fun of them Hahaha he ll show the shirt and ggoes remember that match..

Brathwaite is gentle giant, he  called Stokes legend at the time when he is hero , as he himself said cricket is cruel game if he is unable to maintain his performence then people will forget him . At present he can make fun of anyone but future is uncertain.

Also I have read few articles on him and he is a gem of a human , he was supporting Mcgrath cancer charity because her mother suffered from cancer, In Ireland he was coaching kids and he was so good that kids loved him

A similar instance was witnessed reported a few days after the ICC World T20 final between England and West Indies.

Hauraki shock jockeys Jeremy Wells and Matt Heath had been mocking Kiwi-born Ben Stokes' role in England's loss in the final.

Stokes, who moved from Christchurch to England as a child, conceded four consecutive sixes in the final, making him a target for some New Zealanders.

His mother Deborah, who lives in Christchurch, called the radio station to take up the issue of unfair treatment being meted out to her son.

She subsequently realised she had been broadcast live and complained to station owner NZME, resulting in Heath and Wells being suspended for a day.

Few days after this incident, Braithwaite left her a beautiful message during a radio cricket show.

"Commiserations to her. Want to say to her just keep your head up, your son is and will continue to be an absolute legend and you have support from all over the West Indies and over India.

I actually had a chat with Ben and there was no animosity with me and there is none from me towards him as well.

Ben's mom will have plenty more moments in her life and his career that she'll get to cherish as well and hope she will cherish them," said Brathwaite during BBC's show Stumped.

The Windies all-rounder also appealed to cricket fans across the globe to not define the Briton's career by the four balls in the 20th over of the final.

During the show, Carlos also spoke of how he had predicted that Stokes would go on to become one of the best all-rounders of his generation.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/read-carlos-brathwaites-beautiful-message-for-ben-stokes-mother-deborah_1873404.html

He is not trolling Stokes , going on Radio and supporting him shows that he is great human being who even in this moment of heroics is supporting Stokes