Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled

Debutant

People should be able to choose whatever they want, Nobody is putting a gun on their forehead to force and listen to Ghulam Ali. If people don't like Pakistani artists they will stay out, and if it is not popular it will die down anyway. No govt should force what people should watch or not. 

Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai has been cancelled due to Siva Sena's protest. Personally I don't Siva Sena but I agree with their protest against pakistani singer. I don't wanna see any paki in India. Just my two cents. What are your thoughts.

I feel exactly the same. :five:

From the link, this made me laugh

The Pakistan government too regretted the opposition by the Shiv Sena to Ali’s concert, saying Indian artists do not face such opposition when they visit Pakistan.

“Our position is very clear. We do encourage people-to-people contacts, we encourage our artists to visit both sides, visit each other and perform. Our policy is very constructive, very positive. Indian artists, when they go to Pakistan, they do not face such opposition,” Pakistani envoy Abdul Basit said.

Just in May this year, Pakistan refused to give Anupam Kher a visa citing "security" reasons

Veteran Indian actor Anupam Kher has been denied a Pakistani visa due to security concerns, Express News reported on Tuesday.

According to the report, an NGO had invited the seasoned actor to attend an event in Lahore, to which he had agreed. However, the Pakistani embassy denied him a visa, citing security reasons.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/881400/anupam-kher-denied-pakistani-visa-due-to-security-reasons/

I don't agree with what Shivsena is doing but it is very rich for Pakistanis/Pak Govt to criticise. Yes, there is an issue but it is in just one state in India where the politicians are making useless threats.

@Topic, we must cut off all ties with Pakistan. I really do feel sad for all these artists, but that country is a mess trying it's best to drag most of it's neighbors into the same mess. India really needs to send out a strong message with no exception.

Edited by swatpulla

Too many narrow minded, small hearted people in India. Such a shame.. This mind set is the  very reason why other natinalities hate visiting or migrating to India.  The people are cold and emotionless drones.

These "too many" people are just members of a particular political party. Most of the general public is very welcoming of people from other nations.

@Topic, we must cut off all ties with Pakistan. I really do feel sad for all these artists, but that country is a mess trying it's best to drag most of it's neighbors into the same mess. India really needs to send out a strong message with no exception.

Cutting off all ties with their government doesn't mean the general public should be affected negatively. If one of their singers comes to India it should make absolutely no difference to us.

Cutting off all ties with their government doesn't mean the general public should be affected negatively. If one of their singers comes to India it should make absolutely no difference to us.

It is not just a phenomenon between governments, Pakistani people too support the things their country is doing in India. They support sending militants in Kashmir, they have a soft corner for internationally declared terrorists that were directly involved in Mumbai attacks and they support anything that will drag India down.

Bollywood is big for them, and seeing their stars getting boycotted may help them realize how badly Indians condemn the Pakistani thought process. Bollywood and Cricket really helps getting that message across because it gets a lot of media attention there.

I don't wanna see any paki in India. Just my two cents. What are your thoughts.

So some people had a problem with Ghulam ali's concert in India ,

But i wonder why nobody protested Khurshid Kasuri's (ex foreign Minister of Pak ) book release event in India in the presence of Dr.MMS , LK Advani and Yashwant Sinha.  :hmmm:

Edited by amiret

So some people had a problem with Ghulam ali's concert in India ,

But i wonder why nobody protested Khurshid Kasuri's (ex foreign Minister of Pak ) book release event in India in the presence of Dr.MMS , LK Advani and Yashwant Sinha.  :hmmm:

Still have no idea about that book release. I don't understand why you quoted me :hmmm: I have clearly mentioned that I don't want any pakis in India. I can think or want whatever I like. You the fuck are you to question it??

In light of recent killings of our jawans in Kashmir by Pak backed terrorists it is only right that we cut off all ties with them for the timebeing- economic, sports, cultural, everything. Can't bear to see our bravehearts being killed everyday by these effing jehaadis.

Am against sports with Pak but for artists' performances...

Sure Pak is a terrorist/hypocritical/delusional/bhikhari/good-for-nothing country, but artists from any country including Pak should not be blocked unless the artist himself/herself is a jihadi/bigot.

Ghulam Ali told a former Indian HC judge whom he thought was a Pakistani diplomat of his contempt for kafirs but his love for kafir money. Got blacklisted for many years after his kafir comment.