Nathu Singh - Rajasthan fast bowler

I dont think he can get SA wickets on an Indian pitch as a rookie, but if he bowls lively pace and can make the SA batsmen cautious with good lines and pace, then that is success in itself. Good luck.

umesh creates a lot of wicket taking chances and if nathu singh can not create wicket taking chances and takes wickets he is not too impressive.. I wanna compare nathu to Umesh Yadav and Varun aroon.

why would you compare 20 year old nathu singh to umesh yadav who has many years of intl experience (yet bowls like an idiot many times despite all that experience)?

Umesh has been real let down.. Problem is we have 2 90 mph bowler and we expect both of them to come good. It never happens. You need at least 5-6 bowlers like that and then 1-2 will come good.

Real good opportunity for Nathu.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/content/story/930421.html

The BCCI also named the Board President's XI - led by Cheteshwar Pujara - to play South Africa in Mumbai on October 30 and 31. That group of 13 players included Rajasthan fast bowler Nathu Singh, a 20-year old fast bowler who took 7 for 87 on first-class debut against Delhi.

"We are looking for something special," Patil said. "For the last three years two selectors accompany the Indian team, but the rest travel all over to watch domestic cricket. We have seen a glimpse in Nathu Singh. We want to give him the chance."

Our selectors typically tend to pick either the fastest pacers available in the country or pacers who can be classified as genuine swing bowlers.

I feel they should pick the fastest accurate bowlers in the country, preferably with the abilty to extract bounce from the deck. This type of pacers generally go on to become international strike bowlers.

Edited by express bowling
Our selectors typically tend to pick either the fastest pacers available in the country or pacers who can be classified as genuine swing bowlers.

I feel they should pick the fastest accurate bowlers in the country, preferably with the abilty to extract bounce from the deck. This type of pacers generally go on to become international strike bowlers.

And we don't have them.

From the article "“McGrath sir after watching me at the nets told local coaches that I have a good incoming delivery and he was impressed with my pace. He has said I am India’s future. He has advised that I should never compromise on pace. The highest speed that I have clocked is 145 kmph,” said Nathu, who got 7/87 on his first-class debut against Delhi."

Idiot Sanjay Manjrekar needs to read this.

I think Nathu Singh is going to be selected early in the side,Yadav & Aaron has not after so many years.

We need to unearth more such bowlers who are capable of bowling 140K or more. Not everyone is going to be good but at least 1-2 will be. Yadav has disappointed after WC, but he still has time. 

Bumrah, Warrier, Sran, VPS, Suyal, and Shardul Thakur. These guys can certainly hit 140K. They are fast medium, not fast. Dont see any 145K fast bowler though.

Warrier can be an interesting bowler. He is tall and gets some bounce. Takes wickets too.

Bumrah is reasonably accurate. Height not bad. Takes wickets .

These 2 can be decent picks. 

Deepak Chahar is another one I have a lot of hopes. He is a good action, swings the ball both ways and has increased some pace as well. He says his quickest now is around 140K.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/67902/ranji-trophy-2014-15-interview-greg-chappell-rejection-made-me-the-player-i-am-today-deepak-chahar

Edited by rkt.india

Deepak Chahar is another one I have a lot of hopes. He is a good action, swings the ball both ways and has increased some pace as well. He says his quickest now is around 140K.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think it was good that I was sent back home because thereafter I worked really hard and within two years I was playing the Ranji Trophy for Rajasthan. You can say that Greg Chappell's comments brought out the best in me. I changed my fitness regime, worked on my bowling action, increased my pace and now my fastest ball is around 140 kph.

After that dream debut season, things didn't go well for you. What were the factors behind that?

The last three seasons have been very difficult for me. After a good debut season in 2010-11, I could only play the first six matches in 2011-12 because of jaundice. I was in bed for three months. That was a very tough time for me. I couldn't sleep much but it's also during this time I figured that if I wanted to play for India I needed to increase my speed.

I was bowling in the 120s at that time. And then just before the start of the next season [2012-13], I tore a muscle in my lower abdomen and that kept me out of the first five games. I got a couple of games later but didn't perform well. Last season [2013-14], a day before the announcement of the squad I injured my hand and consequently couldn't play the first four matches. I realised that due to excess training my body had become stiff and to regain flexibility I had to take the services of a martial art expert. This season I'm bowling my best, better than the first season. Now, I've got both swing and pace and feel good about my fitness.

Edited by rkt.india