Thoughts about Harbhajan's action tonight?

Gollum

We want him out, and that's the reason we assume his action to be worse than it really is. He bowls with a slightly bent arm but its the same during his release. A careful analysis of his bowling will give people a better idea, and I am sure ICC officials are doing that.

I don't think he is chucking.....it's a paki propogated thing....Ojha had a suspect action and he has sorted it out...Bhajji had a dodgy Dossra and he doesn't bowl that anymore....He is useless-Yes,He sucks now-Yes,His selection is unfair-Yes but does he chuck and is he a cheater-NO

I didn't watch todays match.

But 2nd T20, I saw his bowling and I feel that defo deserves a test atleast.

He looked like chucking in that game to me.

This isn't about Bhajji hate.

The rules are pretty simple.

If its dodgy to the naked eye, you test. Yes, umpires have to report it but issue is that when so many people (including we Indians) feel that way, its very surprising umpires don't even have a doubt about his action.

The only actions that needn't be reported are the ones that look clean and Bhajji's is waaay far off from clean.

Edited by sensible-indian

Well, Almost all Pakis claim that Ashwin and Bhajji are blatant chuckers and should be definitely tested and banned but it is not in the hands of fans to decide who to send for testing, let us leave it to umpires or else get all spinners as well as fast bowlers tested. I say even Dale Steyn chucks his effort balls but i don't have a say in this and i would leave this decision to the umpires whether to report Steyn effort deliveries or not.

I never used to look at actions that closely until the ICC clampdown on chuckers before CWC 2015. After seeing so many people being reported/banned naturally Bhajji's action too looks very suspicious to my eyes. It is definitely not a clean action, as bad as Ojha's action, sometimes worse. At least he should be tested under the new regulations, if he passes the test, well and good. Ashwin's action on the other hand is clean, no doubt there at all. Pakistanis who cry over Ashwin's action are jealous that we have unearthed a potential future hall of famer & ATG spinner. Pakistan has never produced an offie(with clean action) as good as Ash and hence the jealousy is natural.

In fact I want all offies in the cricketing world to be tested under the new regulations, and all the data must be made accessible to the public. These things should be transparent. Somehow I get a feeling that if all offies are tested very few will come out unscathed like Lyon, Ashwin, etc.

Edited by Gollum

Well, Almost all Pakis claim that Ashwin and Bhajji are blatant chuckers and should be definitely tested and banned but it is not in the hands of fans to decide who to send for testing, let us leave it to umpires or else get all spinners as well as fast bowlers tested. I say even Dale Steyn chucks his effort balls but i don't have a say in this and i would leave this decision to the umpires whether to report Steyn effort deliveries or not.

ashwin seriously?

Ash has one of the cleanest actions in world cricket. 

He was not chucking at all. Infact after a long time I saw him bowling with a lot of loop and tossing the ball up allowing it to spin. Not the regular darting stuff we used to frm him these days. His action was pretty smooth tonight, no issues at all.

my thoughts as well.

The problem is lets say Bhajji has a test. He gets cleared. Then its all a BCCI conspiracy etc etc. There is no way you can win an argument with the bases loaded against you.

ashwin seriously?

Ash is probably the only offie among the top ones who bowls with half sleeves... Shows his confidence in his action...

Pakis keep referring to his stop before deliver as chuck... He has stopped bowling that now... It isn't chuck anyway

ashwin seriously?

IronHide's point is not that.

He is saying a lot of Pakistanis call Ashwin and Bhajji as chuckers. That doesn't mean they are ones. They are just called cos they are Indians.

My point is that: No neutral fan or Pak fan who thinks properly calls Ashwin a chucker. But Bhajji is someone whom even neutral fans (non Indian, non Pakistani) don't call as clean. He doesn't look clean. So naturally doubts about his action are there. He may be in the limits but worth a test for sure. Looks like that's where there is a disagreement in this thread.

I never used to look at actions that closely until the ICC clampdown on chuckers before CWC 2015. After seeing so many people being reported/banned naturally Bhajji's action too looks very suspicious to my eyes. It is definitely not a clean action, as bad as Ojha's action, sometimes worse. At least he should be tested under the new regulations, if he passes the test, well and good. Ashwin's action on the other hand is clean, no doubt there at all. Pakistanis who cry over Ashwin's action are jealous that we have unearthed a potential future hall of famer & ATG spinner. Pakistan has never produced an offie(with clean action) as good as Ash and hence the jealousy is natural.

In fact I want all offies in the cricketing world to be tested under the new regulations, and all the data must be made accessible to the public. These things should be transparent. Somehow I get a feeling that if all offies are tested very few will come out unscathed like Lyon, Ashwin, etc.

Not a bad idea at all.

Sick and tired of this nonsense.

And those who pass the test can be used as a benchmark of what acceptable extension (to the naked eye) is.