Security concerns force Akram, Akhtar, Dar to leave India early

Asim

If we don't want to play or not allow individuals decide it at government level and just deny them visa if so.

But allowing thugs to decide and dictate government just embarrassing. What an imbecile govt .

So you would back sri lankan players playing in chennai? 

They can protest all they want as long as its peaceful. But They have no right to barge into someones private property. Shiv sena always pulls shit like this just to get attention. I guess seeking attention is more important to them rather than fighting for a cause they believe in...

They can protest all they want as long as its peaceful. But They have no right to barge into someones private property. Shiv sena always pulls shit like this just to get attention. I guess seeking attention is more important to them rather than fighting for a cause they believe in...

From what i know technically they did not barge in. The sena controls many affiliates in mumbai cricket which form the MCA. These affiliate members do have access to the BCCI headquarters legally (Which they share with MCA) . I think one of these affiliate officials let Sena cadre in legally. 

Its more of a loophole in the BCCI operating practices. One which will continue till they move office. More than breaking in the cadre were arrested for gheraoing Manohar and entering his office illegally.

Edited by G_B_

Yes .

But that completely misses the point .Even if am against it doesn't mean I will ever support thugs trying to enforce it .

I am not trying to make any point. Just wanted to know your stance.

For the record, the BMC is Sena controlled. Certain large events like a cricket match do need sanction from the local body in terms of public safety etc. Should the Sena in the BMC ask Wankhede to cancel the event, i think legally they are entitled to do the same.

The point is the Sena would not need to be thuggish to shut down a match in Mumbai should they feel the need to go that far. I think the BCCI knew this as Uddhav Thakarey had called a meeting of Sena corporators a few days ago. Aleem Dar was sacrificed. 

I may be totally off mark here and may not be with the sentiments of other posters but wondering why do they have security concerns? Educate me. There's been a Pakistani coach working for Punjab, Wasim Akram works for KKR and Aleem Dar has officiated already so what's the problem? What has Akram, Aleem Dar or Akthar has anything to do with political issues? Either don't entertain them at all and have a stance or if they have a valid visa then they should be able to go anywhere in India without fear for safety. 

What's next, if a group decides we don't want to allow say a delegation will the govt send them back?  I don't think any group, whatever the reason should not be able to threaten by force. A peaceful march is fine but to storm into offices and ransack is just hooligan. Chances are this will carry on for any petty issue in future. 

I dream of a day the whole cricket world unites against India, boycott them and and their fecking IPL to teach a lesson for their inhuman, racist discrimination.

Cricket world unite? LOL. BCCI will throw 100 dollars at players around the world and they'll all be united in India's pocket.

I thought I'd drop by and have a look at what the fans across the border were thinking abut recent events which have unfolded - disappointing really.

Are you disappointed that Indian fans are condemning the methods of Shiv Sena, or are you disappointed that Indian fans don't believe any cricket should be played between India and Pakistan?