India U19 for U19 WC in Bangladesh

rkt.india

BCCI has really mismanged  U19 team scheduled this year. Not even 6 months left and team has not played a single preparation tournament yet. So, I was tracking domestic U19 tournament, Vinoo Mankad trophy. Delhi scored 454 in 50 overs in one of the matches played Mohali against J&K. They certainly have one explosive batting line. Their top 4 are serious players to watch out. Himmat Singh, Sarthak Ranjan and Rishabh Pant are sure contenders for the U19 birth. U19 WC will be played from January 22 to February 14 next year,

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/872/872560.html

Edited by rkt.india

Rishabh panth playing for delhi Ranji team against bengal.

Annolpreet singh, a.n khare are two batsman who have been really consistent.

Rinku singh, upendra Yadav are good batsmen from UP.

Bowlers:

Zeeshan Ansari has really good stats along with Dagar, yogesh sharma, Sidak singh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true for most nations. NZ hasn't even a team yet. The under 19 tourney is scheduled for December here and they are going to pick a team by the end of December which will give them a month at the most to work together. This is the state of most U19 sides barring Australia and England. I see West Indies are ramping up their U19 programme which is great to see. Bangladesh obviously have played fair bit of U19 cricket this year with tours to South Africa I think. 

TBH U19 is not such a big deal. There is no way the U19 players can just walk into international sides and do great barring one or two here and there. It's more like a development for the younger boys to head to first class. Few years of first class cricket and they will start to get consistent. Even Kohli took several years to become the player he is after the under 19 stint.

Last year there were a couple of bowlers capable of bowling 140K. I think it was Monu Kumar and Avesh Khan. But dont know where they have vanished.

Chama Millind, Avesh Khan, Monu Kumar all 3 bowled 135-140. Monu was the quickest. Avesh the youngest. Avesh played Ranji trophy for MP last year when Ishwar Pandey was injured. Now playing U23 for MP. Chama Milind is playing for Hyderabad. Monu Kumar playing U23 for Jharkhand. Issue with Monu is that he is very short.

Edited by rkt.india

Chama Milling, Avesh Khan, Monu Kumar all 3 bowled 135-140. Monu was the quickest. Avesh the youngest. Avesh played Ranji trophy for Karnataka last year when Ishwar Pandey was injured. Now playing U23 for MP. Chama Milind is playing for Hyderabad. Monu Kumar playing U23 for Jharkhand. Issue with Monu is that he is very short.

Thanks for the info. Avesh played for Karnataka? Typo? Yeah Monu is really short but he was bowling quick skiddy deliveries.

Some contenders for U19 wc.

Openers:

Ishant Kishan

Rishabh Pant

both hard hitting wicket keeping openers. Both should open.

Himanshu Rana other opener

MS Washington other opener

Middle order:

Sarfaraz Khan

Himmat Singh

Anmolpreet Singh

Rinku Singh

Ricky Bhui

Kaushal Singh - batting alrounder - seam bowler

Fast bowlers:

Avesh Khan

Rahul Batham - alrounder