PCB threatens rebellion in ICC,boycott of world T20 if India doesnt play them

"Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan warned on Saturday that there could be a rebellion against the ‘Big Three’ if India turn down a proposed series against Pakistan in December-January.

The PCB chief called on India to honour a Memorandum of Understanding under which the arch-rivals agreed to play six series from 2015-2023 -- pending clearance from both governments -- the first of which is this year in the United Arab Emirates.

Khan reiterated that Pakistan signed ‘Big Three’ deal, which effectively handed over control of the International Cricket Council (ICC) to India, England and Australia, on the promise of lucrative series against the neighbours over an eight year period.

“We signed the new constitution on the understanding that India would play us six times in eight years. This was the inducement to us to drop our opposition and for the ICC to have a unanimous agreement,” Khan told Telegraph Sport.

But the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has yet to give a final response on the series comprising of two Tests, five one-dayers and two Twenty20 internationals and Khan said there was a feeling within his board that Pakistan had been duped with the offer of matches to drop its opposition against the ‘Big Three’.

“Now we are now facing the problem if India does not play. It not only goes against MoU they signed but also the understanding on which we signed the new constitution.”

The PCB chief said Pakistan were not the only country to have been given the rough end of the stick.

“I know apart from Pakistan there are other countries not happy with this unequal treatment within the ICC board. It is unequal and undemocratic. But we signed it so we had to accept it.

“But within a year if treatment is not the same for each country then I think Pakistan will have to consider what to do about it. What can we do? There are other countries that feel like this. Anything is possible. I think the deal can be undone if the big three themselves feel this is not getting the work done.”

Khan's statements are likely to increase pressure on the ICC as the 81-year-old former diplomat already indicated on Wednesday that Pakistan may pull out from next year's World T20 in India if it doesn't not receive security clearance from the Nawaz Sharif government.

Under the rules if a government stops a member country from featuring in an ICC event then there are no fines."

"Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan warned on Saturday that there could be a rebellion against the ‘Big Three’ if India turn down a proposed series against Pakistan in December-January.

The PCB chief called on India to honour a Memorandum of Understanding under which the arch-rivals agreed to play six series from 2015-2023 -- pending clearance from both governments -- the first of which is this year in the United Arab Emirates.

Khan reiterated that Pakistan signed ‘Big Three’ deal, which effectively handed over control of the International Cricket Council (ICC) to India, England and Australia, on the promise of lucrative series against the neighbours over an eight year period.

“We signed the new constitution on the understanding that India would play us six times in eight years. This was the inducement to us to drop our opposition and for the ICC to have a unanimous agreement,” Khan told Telegraph Sport.

But the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has yet to give a final response on the series comprising of two Tests, five one-dayers and two Twenty20 internationals and Khan said there was a feeling within his board that Pakistan had been duped with the offer of matches to drop its opposition against the ‘Big Three’.

“Now we are now facing the problem if India does not play. It not only goes against MoU they signed but also the understanding on which we signed the new constitution.”

The PCB chief said Pakistan were not the only country to have been given the rough end of the stick.

“I know apart from Pakistan there are other countries not happy with this unequal treatment within the ICC board. It is unequal and undemocratic. But we signed it so we had to accept it.

“But within a year if treatment is not the same for each country then I think Pakistan will have to consider what to do about it. What can we do? There are other countries that feel like this. Anything is possible. I think the deal can be undone if the big three themselves feel this is not getting the work done.”

Khan's statements are likely to increase pressure on the ICC as the 81-year-old former diplomat already indicated on Wednesday that Pakistan may pull out from next year's World T20 in India if it doesn't not receive security clearance from the Nawaz Sharif government.

Under the rules if a government stops a member country from featuring in an ICC event then there are no fines." - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?232983-quot-Only-contact-with-BCCI-was-wives-discussing-shoes-quot-Shahryar-Khan#st

http://www.dawn.com/news/1215273/the-big-three-deal-can-be-undone-shaharyar-khan

Under the rules if a government stops a member country from featuring in an ICC event then there are no fines." - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?232983-quot-Only-contact-with-BCCI-was-wives-discussing-shoes-quot-Shahryar-Khan#sthash.tBWyyk4m.dpuf

Under the rules if a government stops a member country from featuring in an ICC event then there are no fines." - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?232983-quot-Only-contact-with-BCCI-was-wives-discussing-shoes-quot-Shahryar-Khan#sthash.tBWyyk4m.dpuf

Jo banta hai kar le.Chal.

@Austin 3:!6

No idea.There are conflicting signals.But one thing is for sure,BCCI doesnt react well to threats.If they agree to play tommorow then people may think they got scared by PCB's threat.Tommorow some other board may try it.What message will it send to AUS and ENG?There is no way BCCI will give into threats.And PCB can bark all they want they have no support in the ICC.

@Austin 3:!6

No idea.There are conflicting signals.But one thing is for sure,BCCI doesnt react well to threats.If they agree to play tommorow then people may think they got scared by PCB's threat.Tommorow some other board may try it.What message will it send to AUS and ENG?There is no way BCCI will give into threats.And PCB can bark all they want they have no support in the ICC.

Agree. Though personally I wanted to see the series as its always fun to beat Parosis. But now I dont want this series to go ahead with all the threats from PCB. BCCI must not bow down to a minnow board. Let them cancel the T20 WC, I mean who the feck cares??

Agree. Though personally I wanted to see the series as its always fun to beat Parosis. But now I dont want this series to go ahead with all the threats from PCB. BCCI must not bow down to a minnow board. Let them cancel the T20 WC, I mean who the feck cares??

Personally i had a lot of respect for Sheryar Khan because of his efforts.But this threats mean there is no way we can play.

• It seems like PCB is going to lose a gigantic chunk of its revenue due to cancellation of India series and this has made them desperate.  If they try to boycott the T20 World cup, it will hurt them more than it will hurt India.  But if they dont take an 'aggressive' stance publicly to salvage some "self-respect", they may face internal political issues.  So basically, they are screwed.   Self-inflicted.  Sucks to be PCB.  

I think BCCI will organize the Asia cup now during PSL dates.

A) If Pak pulls out of Asia cup they have to pay fine.

B) Also, it will ensure no participation of SL and BD players in PSL.

PCB will now realize what threatning BCCI means.:agree:

Damn, that is some Machiavellian stuff right there.  I doubt the BCCI has the ability to pull that off though...

PCB was forced to support Big 3 because they risk being isolated from International cricket. 

If you see the sequence of events , NZ,WI and Bang joined Big 3 initially. SA at last minute changed mind and joined big 3 next. It was already 7 teams in one side and 2 on another.

SL had nochoice then and joined.Pak was the only team left. Even they opposed no body cared as 5 other teams supported big 3.

Sharayar is making noise as if Pak wouldnt have supported Big 3 would not have happened. Well here is the truth. If Pak didnt support, they would have been isolated and nobody would have played them by now.

Sharayar should take this nonsense somewhere else.He doesnt know who he is dealing with. Wait and watch how BCCI will bring PCB to its knees. 

I want Mr Khan to walk to talk, i really want to see what he does with 'anything can happen'.

To Pak posters, i realize you are in a tricky position, yes you want to push India and need to stamp some sort of authority however given that none want to visit pakistan you just arent in any position to take any stand. Such statements work for the mass but how do true pak cricket fan react to such statements ?

With the cricketing history pak has, they should be ashamed of themselves that their board has to rely on other country for financial need. If India were in pak's place, I would be blaming our state of internal affairs, not some other country. Until and unless pak acceptl that the problem lies within not outside, they will never progress as a country , not just in the cricket.

ind has became one worst host, cant hold one board officials meeting after their own invitation, didnt even got basic hospitality ethics anymore, unable to ensure security for 1 Pakistani umpire... Its Pak cricket loss or revenue loss or whatever $%^&* Pak should not visit ind anymore anywhere! (& I knw ind fans want that anyways)...

Could not agree more..

Can't provide adequate security to SL & Pak, food poisons SA A team, poisons blind PAK team, strands an SL U-15 team in the midst of tamilnadu putting their lives in mortal peril and later kicks them out of the country... the rap sheet of  BCCI's crappy hosting goes on and on.. 

Edited by Mahaa Raavana
Could not agree more..

Can't provide adequate security to SL & Pak, food poisons SA A team, poisons blind PAK team, strands an SL U-15 team in the midst of tamilnadu putting their lives in mortal peril and later kicks them out of the country... the rap sheet of  BCCI's crappy hosting goes on and on.. 

Cry me a river.You and your whining.