Worst Bowling figures in ODI (most runs conceded)

RedFever

well about 10 over spell

i think 2 bowler,both westindies bowler hits worst in the history of ODI

smith 4/0/68/0

and 2nd. was Holder vs ABD

5/2/9/0 in his first spell but gave 95 in next 5 over with ABD spanked him

10/2/104/0

but, Mic Lewis will stays in cricket books with 10/0/113/0 when southafrica reached 439 for 2.Recently 438 at mumbai,but i witness mick Lewis 

help australia win thriller by 2 runs, with 10/0/56/3 in his debut ODI vs newzeland

Heights of stubbornness, read in an interview Dhoni still believes BK and Moshit are the best 2 bowlers in India and wants to stick with the same combination :facepalm:. If only he had shown the same confidence and a given a consistent run in the team for fast bowlers like Umesh and Aaron they would have improved a lot. Looks like we are stuck with Bhuvi and Moshit for a while. When will this torture end?? :banghead:

Edited by Mosher
Heights of stubbornness, read in an interview Dhoni still believes BK and Moshit are the best 2 bowlers in India and wants to stick with the same combination :facepalm:. If only he had shown the same confidence and a given a consistent run in the team for fast bowlers like Umesh and Aaron they would have improved a lot. Looks like we are stuck with Bhuvi and Moshit for a while. When will this torture end?? :banghead:

don't watch Odis. Its a torture.

Aaron has played just 6 ODIs since his come back from injury 2 years ago. 4 in NZ, 1 in BD and 1 in India against SL last year.

That just shows the bias of the captain in team selection. If Dhoni does not think the bowler is good then one bad match and he is gone. He will make comments in the press saying they are wayward and he wants accurate bowlers with control. But when the same accurate bowlers who happen to be Dhoni's favorite bowlers go on and break world records for most expensive ODI overs, then it's all because of flat pitches. This is the reason Dhoni has not been able to build a good pace attack. He wants ready made fast bowlers like Rabada. But unlike SA, India does not have a fast bowling culture. So it will take lot of time for fast bowlers to progress to the next level but this will require patience, which Dhoni does not have unless the bowler is his favorite. Just ask a quick bowler to bowl fast and try to pick wickets and give them a consistent run of say a couple of series if they don't do well then by all means drop them. But atleast give the fast bowlers a fair chance that's all fans like me ask for. But knowing Dhoni, this won't happen anytime soon....

Anyone who defends Umesh Yadav knows nothing about bowling. Pace is amazing quality to have but not when you have lack of control like Umesh has. Not defending Dhoni here at all but people who thinks Umesh Yadav is the answer for Indias bowling problems are dillusional. He cannot bowl 2 deliveries on the same line. I would rate B.Kumar a better ODI bowler than Umesh Yadav any damn day. Even in this series, all the matches Kumar and Yadav played together, Bhuv have outperformed him handsdown. I remember one game in BD when we got them all out for 58. Even the likes of Binny picked 6 wickets conceding just 4 runs but Yadav was spray gun even in that game. And please do not bring his world cup performance as he has just deteriorated post that. Agree Pace is an amazing weapon to have but Umesh Yadav is not the answer.

Cant believe few people here supporting a trash bowler like Umesh Yadav. I have no doubt if Yadav played the 5th ODI he would have went for as many runs as others. Gavaskar pointed it out very well on commentary that day. Umesh seems to live in his own world and simply do not learn. He has zero control.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Anyone who defends Umesh Yadav knows nothing about bowling. Pace is amazing quality to have but not when you have lack of control like Umesh has. Not defending Dhoni here at all but people who thinks Umesh Yadav is the answer for Indias bowling problems are dillusional. He cannot bowl 2 deliveries on the same line. I would rate B.Kumar a better ODI bowler than Umesh Yadav any damn day. Even in this series, all the matches Kumar and Yadav played together, Bhuv have outperformed him handsdown. I remember one game in BD when we got them all out for 58. Even the likes of Binny picked 6 wickets conceding just 4 runs but Yadav was spray gun even in that game. And please do not bring his world cup performance as he has just deteriorated post that. Agree Pace is an amazing weapon to have but Umesh Yadav is not the answer.

Cant believe few people here supporting a trash bowler like Umesh Yadav. I have no doubt if Yadav played the 5th ODI he would have went for as many runs as others. Gavaskar pointed it out very well on commentary that day. Umesh seems to live in his own world and simply do not learn. He has zero control.

yadav isn't the answer but Mohit is. Yadav has shown he can do well. Highest wicket taker against SL last year home series then 3rd highest wicket taker in world cup. What has Mohit done at all? how many matches we played after world cup. You are delusional, not us. Would not you play someone who has shown that he can do well if not consistently rather than someone who hasn't.

The serious lack of consistency and basics is a major issue.....I can forgive someone for being brainless or a trundler because it is what it is....but what about the basics.

Let us take the example of the 1st T20I.....Aravind was bowling the final over :banghead: with SA needing 10 to win.....what does he do bowls 2 really good deliveries in the block hole......what does he do with the 3rd a juicy hit me full toss at 125k.......It would have been ok if the batsman had played a manufactured shot to a good delivery...things like that happens but what baffles me is an international bowlers inability to land 6 balls in the same spot without giving away a lollipop.

There are scores of such examples....In this day and age batsman will figure out or innovate but how difficult it is to just keep things simple and force a mistake from the batsman.

what is worse is 140k+ bowlers are wayward and brainless and so are the trundlers.....might as well pick the pacier option.

Edited by maniac

I am not supporting Umesh. Just want Dhoni to apply the same yardstick to other bowlers like Umesh, Aaron etc which he uses to judge his favorite bowlers like Mohit and BK. Just want him to be fair and give a consistent run to all fast bowlers not just his favorites. About BK out performing Umesh in all the matches. Except for the 2nd ODI, Umesh, Bhuvi and Mohit all are went for more than 6.5 RPO in this series. In the 1st ODI Umesh went for 71 and picked 2 wickets while BK went for 67 runs and 0 wickets. Umesh was the best among Indian pacers in the 1st ODI. So how exactly did BK out perform Umesh in all the matches?? I guess you are one who is being delusional. Talking about Umesh deteriorating even BK has really deteriorated and is nowhere the same bowler after he has lost his swing. So how exactly is he better than Umesh? Because Dhoni says so?? Also please tell me what value does Mohit add to the team and how is he better than Umesh??? Really sick of the biased treatment handed out to Umesh and Aaron.

Edited by Mosher

Stats -

Bhuvneshwar kumar since 2014 

29 matches- 30 wkts, Avg per wkt 40 , economy- 5

Umesh yadav since 2014

23 matches- 42 wkts, Avg per wkt- 23, eco- 5.5

yes, umesh is no gr8. but atleast he takes wkts n as we can see not much of diff btw there eco. n Most of his wkts r against teams like Pak, wi, Sri lanka who dnt hve batsman wid gr8 technique or footwork. N wats the point of of putting 2 balls in same spot with that pace. With such pace it wnt take batsman much time to fig out his length n step out or do anything else n disturb his line n length

The prob wid whole country Even Ms is we dnt understand bowling like we do understand batting 

if a batsman can play beautiful shots but lacks proper technique or defense he keeps getting chances coz ofcourse he is talented

if a bowler is bowls at gud pace , which is rare commodity in india n even in world , we get xcited but after few matches we r scared oh he goes for runs . Well didnt lee or akhtar on days went for a lot runs. Did their countries asked them to bowl line n length like our experts Madan lal or Sanjay manjrekar does or many including our captain. A bowler needs time to develop even Zaheer took 7 yrs, Anderson johnson took so much of time n those guys had player like deniss lilee, botham n other coaches in their country . 

Proble for our bowlers is whom do they go for help. they dnt have someone like akram,mcgrath, lilleee available all time to help them if their action is goin wrong n if he consfused about run up or anything . N even those players r not indian player who r passionate enough to spot a problem n call them to correct the. 

I rem in 2004 Rawalpindi imran khan was pissed off with mohd sami line n length n went fuming n took his class for an hour in nets. Who do our player turn to Bharat arun , lacks int exp or Sachin, dravid who arent bowlers, or someone like prbhakar, madan lal aur chetan sharma. 

N stop telling others that they dnt understand anything about bowling

Coz my frend bowling is not about bowling balls on same spot, Its simple n only about taking wkts like batting is about making runs no matter how u do it b like dravid or sehwag. 

N bhuvneshwar neither is able to stop runs n wkts we can c the stats mention above

atleast umesh gives u wkts if cnt stop runs.

Ultimately a wkt does affect Run rate

yadav isn't the answer but Mohit is. Yadav has shown he can do well. Highest wicket taker against SL last year home series then 3rd highest wicket taker in world cup. What has Mohit done at all? how many matches we played after world cup. You are delusional, not us. Would not you play someone who has shown that he can do well if not consistently rather than someone who hasn't.

He's a Dhoni chamcha for a reason. Dhoni can do no wrong.

I would take Mohit anyday over Yadav in Subcontinent conditions. C'mmon RKT ..you know what I am talking about. In these type of flat batting pitches you need bowlers with variations - back of the hand slower balls, cutters, surprise bouncers etc. Just running and bowling fast without any control will not work. Lets put it this way I would take bowlers like Bravo, Balaji, Sohail Khan, Azhar Mehmood etc. anyday over someone like Mohammed Shami (Pakistani one). Yadav is a must in tests and can play in overseas ODIs but in these conditions, a big no no. Even in Bangladesh last year when likes of Binny, Mohit were making mockery of their batting...Yadav was going over 6rpo :facepalm:

Umesh Yadav could not even feature regularly in playing XI for KKR neither does Aaron for RCB. MS Dhoni is not the leader of those 2 teams so why you think they are dropped? That is because as a skipper you are always scared to play bowlers who lacks control. Then compare the bowlers like Bravo, Mohit etc. how well they perform in IPL. Now you would say IPL should not be an yardstick for internationals but the point is if they cannot even feature in their IPL teams how are they certainity in Indian national side?

Dont take me worng I am a big fan of fast bowling but not at the expense of control. I am not asking Umesh to become Mcgrath overnight but he lacks control big big time. In test matches it works but in ODI's he will go for more often than not 10-0-64-2.

I would take a line and length trundler anyday over an erratic fast bowler. Sorry.

My ODI bowling attack going forward will be:

Ishant Sharma

Mohammed Shami

Bhuv Kumar

Ashwin

Jadeja

Edited by Austin 3:!6