Is there no way to bring back the older forum posters?

fineleg

A few months ago, there were lots of active posters in ICF. The forum is so dead now. Can the Mods not send an email to the old posters saying the forum is back online, since I suspect people have given up on ICF coming back online after it was down for 1.5 months. Now, we have some posts and threads, but its hardly busy like the old forum was.

Edited by fineleg

The forum seems dead now except when the matches are on. I had been a long time lurker here and used to enjoy watching the discussions and the banter/trolling during the matches :--D. Yes the admin needs to send mails to all the old timers.

Edited by Mosher

A few months ago, there were lots of active posters in ICF. The forum is so dead now. Can the Mods not send an email to the old posters saying the forum is back online, since I suspect people have given up on ICF coming back online after it was down for 1.5 months. Now, we have some posts and threads, but its hardly busy like the old forum was.

The fault lies with admins of site. These days you cannot shut site for 1 month . It is very long time , I have never seen any site down for that long

for a nation of so many cricket fans, we must have lot of posters here. People should introduce this forum to their friends. I will get some of my friends here.

I got 3 people i know here but only 1 one is active. Rest 2 are too busy . 

I am seeing new posters joining the site but hardly see any posts by them. Why do most of them register if they do not want to post?

I get this feeling. Sometimes people are afraid to post how they feel and start posting after they feel comfortable. Like i knew about icf in 2011 but became acive only in 2013 as an active poster. 

I get this feeling. Sometimes people are afraid to post how they feel and start posting after they feel comfortable. Like i knew about icf in 2011 but became acive only in 2013 as an active poster. 

Maybe. Even I was lurking around for 2-3 years before I finally joined :laugh:. But I think some posters open multiple accounts just to troll.

Forums are an organic entity.

When this forum was established after splitting from the older version of ICF, the core group of posters made inordinate efforts to post, post, and post more till we started getting responses and replies. 

If you want to search about what made this a vibrant community, search for posts within the first 1-1.5 years of establishing this forum.

Sadly, none of the newer generation of posters have taken it upon them to grow this community when most of its original founders are in their 30s and 40s with families and lots of professional responsibilities.

It has been disappointing for me personally because this is one of the few forums if not only that I am aware of where the admins have  entrusted not just moderation but admiration purely on trust, just to see people vanish.

I don't think any of the original founders of this place have the energy left to keep it vibrant, specially now with FB and Twitter the concept of a sport specific forum might die altogether.

If you want this place to flourish, post meaningful stuff, post more of it, don't bother about response they'll eventually come.

• I think the " Site feedback thread " should be stickied in every sub-forum...especially "Cricket Talk ". More feedbacks from posters about the problems they are facing with this site will pour in and can be rectified or addressed by the mods.
  • E-mails to the old active members...requesting them to come back and post more, will help.
  • I am hearing that many people are having problems opening this site on their smartphones. Methods to make the site faster with quicker loading times, giving a lighter version of the site for smartphones etc. should help.
  • Many people maybe having problems getting accustomed to the functionalities and features of this site. A quick tutorial explaining key features  and " How to " and sticking it in "Cricket Talk" may help.