Is Ashwin Captaincy material ?

Is Ashwin Captaincy material ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ashwin Captaincy material ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet

More I see of the guy, more I am convinced. Seems to have cool head and seems to be quite assertive without showing off this "manufactured" arrogance that we see from Indian players. Yes, Kohli is captain now. But I see better prospect in the wings with sharp cricket brain.

Edited by ravishingravi

He always came across as a sharp guy. But captaincy requires more than that. Bonding, connection, control over your team members etc. If i am going to compare him with someone that would be Anil Kumble who was also astute.  Ashwin reads the game very well. He would be a great support guy kinda like strategist within the team.

Captaincy is more than sharp cricketing brain esp for sub-continent countries....

More importantly he should be people's man.....encourage them to get best out of a player....and also he should be aggressive, assertive,,,,,and should be able to take bold decisions (or in other words, should be brave) ...... kohli is perfect at this time and will help develop some good bowlers

Ashwin  starts his career as opening batsman and smith as spin bowler [ test ].Ashwin has couple of test century besides good average with the bat in Ranji trophy.india had bowler captain in the past.kapil dev,bedi,,Shshtri, Venkat R., Anil Kumble

I would like Vijay as captain instead of Ashwin,Bowler captain not good for india in test matches koz conflicts.

Not everyone become captain,you needs other quality besides performing good,Rahane more likely to be future indian captain for long term after 5 years.

The only guys who can play regularly in tests are Vijay,Che Pujara and Rahane.Kohli needs to improve his off side technique.I don't want Vijay,Pujara or Rahane's form to decline due to captaincy pressure.So,Kohli is fine for now.Ashwin has evolved a lot since the WC.But we need to see how he performs in Aus next year.