Indian Bowlers Watch Thread

Kohli wants 5 bowlers in his team ...so that he can pick 20 test wickets. He is backing all his bowlers.

This may create the much needed bowling culture in Indian cricket.

Exciting times ahead.

This thread is to monitor the progress and performance of Indian bowlers in this new era.

We have won the last 3 tests. Taken all the 60 wickets on offer.....2 of them are away tests, albeit in the sub-continent.

177 for 8 so far in the 2nd test against SA...on a decent  batting track. I like it.

Edited by express bowling

Ashwin and Jadeja, both are " SUB 30 AVERAGE " test bowlers now

Ashwin's average  27.29 and  @ 5.23 wickets per test.

Jadeja's  average 26.19 and @ 4.07 wickets per test.

They are bona-fide match-winners  in the sub-continent. This is a big plus for us.

Mishra is ok too  and a wrist spinner always comes in handy. They often get spin on flatter decks too.

Both Ashwin and Mishra are getting consistent turn in the subcontinent.

But all of them need to improve their bowling in " outside Asia " matches. Need to put more revs on the ball there.

The pacers are bowling quickly in the 2nd test match against SA.

Aaron  137 k to 146 k.

Ishant 132 k to 144 K.

In the first test against SA, they were quick too

Aaron 137 k to 147 k

Umesh 137 k to 145 k.

Both of them had looked impressive there. Better accuracy too.

Aaron is bowling some sizzling deliveries on flat tracks but his accuracy has deteriorated from the first test and he has sprayed the ball in the 2nd. He is getting reverse inswing and bowling away-seaming deliveries quite consistently and this looks like a new addition to his repertoire.

Ashwin is the leader of this attack. He makes it so easy for the others by picking the top batsmen everytime

Kohli has the luxury of calling upon Ashwin at any time knowing Ashwil will deliver

In this test series...Ashwin is bowling his stock delivery, the off-spinner, far more frequently, consistently and with good revs on the ball.

He is using his variations prudently.... not too much and not too infrequently. 

This is making him look far better than he did even 6 months back.

I hope he keeps on doing this and does not go back to bowling too many variations . He is an intelligent guy and must  be a fast learner.

I really like the fact that Ishant's 138 k to 144 k overs were quite accurate and reasonably frequent too.

I am waiting for Ishant to be more forceful. He needs to feel that he is the lead bowler of India, something like how Zaheer's mannerism and atttitude was. And Ishant can do it, its not that he lacks anything, I feel he lacks self  belief n hence consistency

Congrats Ashwin for taking 24 wickets in 5 test innings so far. Although the pitches have been spin friendly, it is never easy averaging 5 wickets per innings. 

He is bowling off-spinners predominantly and  mixing carrom balls, arm balls and even occasional leg-spinners very cleverly. 

We have found Kumble's deserving successor on turning tracks. 

I would want him to improve his potency on neutral tracks too. He has the talent and intelligence to do it.  

All the best !

Congrats Ashwin for taking 24 wickets in 5 test innings so far. Although the pitches have been spin friendly, it is never easy averaging 5 wickets per innings. 

He is bowling off-spinners predominantly and  mixing carrom balls, arm balls and even occasional leg-spinners very cleverly. 

We have found Kumble's deserving successor on turning tracks. 

I would want him to improve his potency on neutral tracks too. He has the talent and intelligence to do it.  

All the best !

Leg spinners?

Averaging 5 wickets per innings :laugh:

Edited by sensible-indian

Almost 5 wickets per innings in this series only.

He has been bowling occasional leg breaks as a variation for a few months now. This is a different delivery from his carrom ball and delivered like a leg spinner...like the last wicket he took.

Oh...ok let me go and check the replay. Never knew he had such a delivery.

As for 5 wickets, I know you were referring to this series only. Was laughing at the damage he did. :winky:

Edited by sensible-indian

One of the best sights in cricket, as far as I am concerned , is a fast bowler bowling accurately above 140 k and getting some movement ,,,,, hitting the bat hard, making the batsman jump, taking edges, making him uncomfortable and picking up WICKETS.

We saw both Umesh ( in his later spells ) and Ishant do that today.... I ENJOYED it.      :two_thumbs_up: