With 4 for 4, speedy Khan makes quick work of Bangladesh

rkt.india

Last year, at the Under-19 World Cup in the UAE, Avesh Khan had clocked 139.8kph, bowling with a bruised ankle against Pakistan. He didn’t make a big impact, returning with 0/50 from eight overs. But it was serious pace for a bowler of his age. He was only 17 then. The youngster has made steady progress since, getting into the Madhya Pradesh Ranji team and playing five first-class matches. At the moment, however, the focus is on the next U-19 World Cup, to be played in Bangladesh early 2016. He has now become an impact bowler for the colts and will be going there as the team’s pace spearhead. 

Bangladesh U-19 got a taste of his firepower at the Jadavpur University’s Salt Lake Campus ground on Friday as they were bundled out for 76 in the tri-series opener against India, chasing a very modest victory target of 159. Avesh bowled six overs, conceded four runs and took four wickets. Post-match, Bangladesh U-19 captain Mehidy Hasan Miraz confessed that they were rattled by the young Indian fast bowler’s pace. The hosts needed early wickets after batting poorly on a good pitch. Avesh provided a perfect start by breaching Md Saif Hassan’s defence in the very first ball.

The Bangladesh opener was beaten for pace as the stumps went cartwheeling. A lovely outswinger accounted for the other opening batsman Pinak Ghosh with wicketkeeper Ishan Kishan snapping up the edge. Najmul Hossain Shanto couldn’t cope with the extra bounce and played on. Then, Avesh induced Miraz to play early and Sunder Washington took a simple catch at square leg. His new ball partner Kanishk Seth chipped in with Zakir Hasan’s wicket – 26/5, game over. “We lost our composure following the first-ball dismissal. It was a big blow,” Miraz said.

Every fast bowler loves the sound of timber and Avesh admitted that the first wicket was special. “We didn’t have too many runs to defend but Rahul sir (Dravid) gave us the confidence and told us to bowl stump to stump. I had a spring in my step after the early breakthrough. I wanted to go for a five-for but finished with four. It didn’t matter though, because we won the match.” Avesh always wanted to be a fast bowler, ever since he became attracted to the game. Tennis ball cricket at CV Nagar in Indore was the fun thing. Serious business began when he joined the Indore Golds club at 14. Getting into the state academy was the turning point of his career. “I started to train under Amay Khurasiya and it was a whole new experience. Whatever I’m today is because of him,” Avesh explained.

Khurasiya, a former Madhya Pradesh middle-order batsman who also played 12 ODIs, spotted something in the young kid. “He (Khurasiya) was very impressed with my son. He saw him as a future India prospect. I never thought that far. I was a small-time club cricketer and was happy to see Avesh taking an interest (in the game). Now he has played the U-19 World Cup and the Ranji Trophy. To be honest, he has superseded my expectations. Whatever he does from here would be a bonus. But I’ve started to dream big. The best thing about him is his temperament and I hope he will continue the good work,” Ashique Khan, Avesh’s father, told The Indian Express. Khan Sr now works in a private firm after winding down his business.

He has two daughters to look after as well. But he’s determined to help his son achieve his goal. As for Avesh, he considers himself lucky to have Rahul Dravid as his coach in the India U-19 team. “It’s a huge privilege. He explains things from the batters’ point of view – what can make them uncomfortable. He makes situations easy for us.” Avesh also contributed with the bat today, coming at No. 10 and scoring 25 valuable runs. His real impact would come later; with a shiny white kookaburra. -

See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/avesh-khan-bowls-india-under-19-to-big-win/#sthash.AmdUgYRy.dpuf

Monu, Chama, S Moshin n the left armer who played with him were good, Avesh could be a prodigy, talent not lacking ,but selectors R, only a blind person would not identify or classify Suyal, Sran, AChoudhury ,R Shukla above Unadkunt S. Lol, even Javed Khan picked up by Tendulkar is said to be good but Delhi is wasting him, same for M Amir from Mumbai n heis being wasted for 115 K trundlers

Monu, Chama, S Moshin n the left armer who played with him were good, Avesh could be a prodigy, talent not lacking ,but selectors R, only a blind person would not identify or classify Suyal, Sran, AChoudhury ,R Shukla above Unadkunt S. Lol, even Javed Khan picked up by Tendulkar is said to be good but Delhi is wasting him, same for M Amir from Mumbai n heis being wasted for 115 K trundlers

Rahul shukla is a talented guy i still remember his rocket throw at ipl from boundary to get a important runout for rr.Dunno why no team took him.He has the best yorker i have seen by an indian fast bowler after zak and bowls 140+