Chennai Rain!!

vvvslaxman

You don;t have dedicated thread because there are no posters left /

forget about ICF , chennai and TN have received very little coverage in MSM with NDTV being a relative exception.

Chennai has received unprecedented rains ; and thanks to ZERO urban planning and a populace that has been voting for the same 2 corrupt mafias for the last 45 years  , the city has drowned . 

I have been told there is no electricity in many parts of the city for the last 3-5 days.

Edited by amiret

"Since November 15, a total of 15 people have been electrocuted in the city taking the state-wide death toll to 40, police said.

."

And this is the retarded advice the Police have for the people of the Chennai   :

"The two boys' schools were closed and they had gone to play in a ground nearby," a Gummidipoondi police officer said. "They were returning home when Balaji was electrocuted.

We advise members of the public not to step into pools of water or to do so only if they are wearing insulated gumboots."

Are you f**king kidding ? pools of water ? the whole city is under water ! how can they NOT wade through water to escape their flooded homes ?

Edited by amiret

Third biggest metro is drowning is not news because Gungadeens of the MSM can't seem to frame it properly in there outsider worldview. (Srinagar floods was news because region is a hot button for foreign correspondents. Assam wasn't, just is like Bihar never is or cyclone in AP wasn't or drought in Maha never is. These topics are irrelevant to their masters' eyes sitting in the west)

Edited by surajmal

MSM yes, but what about Modi and Central Govt.? Hope they give the requisite rescue and rehabilitation on a urgent basis.

Modi already mentioned Chennai rain. but problem here is if a state Govt cannot handle its capital imagine if this happened in remote places/small towns/villages?

1. The Army, the Navy and the National Disaster Response Force are out in Chennai to rescue people from their flooded homes.
  3. Around 4000 passengers are stranded at the Chennai airport, where the runway is flooded. At least 19 trains have been cancelled.
  5. Residents were seen climbing out of their homes or being pulled out to safety in the low-lying parts of Chennai where water is almost neck-deep. SOS messages on social media have led to rescues from buses, cars and rooftops.
  7. Schools have been forced to close and exams have been postponed at least for this week. University exams have also been postponed.
  9. In many parts of Chennai, residents have opened their doors to strangers, offering food, shelter and even mobile recharges. A mall in south Chennai said it kept its doors open overnight for stranded people.
  11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa last evening and assured all help from the Centre.

You don;t have dedicated thread because there are no posters left /

forget about ICF , chennai and TN have received very little coverage in MSM with NDTV being a relative exception.

Chennai has received unprecedented rains ; and thanks to ZERO urban planning and a populace that has been voting for the same 2 corrupt mafias for the last 45 years  , the city has drowned . 

I have been told there is no electricity in many parts of the city for the last 3-5 days.

Electricity has been cut from yesterday morning .

Third biggest metro is drowning is not news because Gungadeens of the MSM can't seem to frame it properly in there outsider worldview. (Srinagar floods was news because region is a hot button for foreign correspondents. Assam wasn't, just is like Bihar never is or cyclone in AP wasn't or drought in Maha never is. These topics are irrelevant to their masters' eyes sitting in the west)

It has the main news on NDTV from yesterday evening atleast .

This is not the first time chennai flooded this year.. 2-3 times it was flooded in Nov.. Helicopter were used to rescue people last week..

I blame the government for not taking precautions with early forecast available.. This is the third time it's been raining 24+ hrs continuously in Chennai and they haven't learned

Mopping flood water out of my home now.. :(

This is not the first time chennai flooded this year.. 2-3 times it was flooded in Nov.. Helicopter were used to rescue people last week..

I blame the government for not taking precautions with early forecast available.. This is the third time it's been raining 24+ hrs continuously in Chennai and they haven't learned

Where are you man? Are you fine? My relatives and friends all suffer because of it. Atleast you seem to have internet. They have lost power, cell phone charge gone. Neighbours in their house. or they are in neighbour's house depending on which floor they live. Car submerged. What a freaking nightmare.

I thought the worst was over last .Just got worse :mad:

Which area are u in?Hopefully safe

Modi already mentioned Chennai rain. but problem here is if a state Govt cannot handle its capital imagine if this happened in remote places/small towns/villages?

Chennai isn't the worst affected .

Cuddalore (Near Pondy) and the surrounding villages are the worst.Most homes have been swept away

Most of Northern TN has been badly affected