Excuses used by non subcontinent teams when they lose in sub continent.

putrevus

We are starting to  hear excuses and whining about long tour.How jaded the players look as they have been on tour for 60 odd days. It happens like clock work every time these teams lose in India and then sub continent.

Till today all their flaws were pushed under the big carpet unfair pitches but today we have seen how great this team is under these conditions.

When sub continent teams lose  or perform as miserable as some of these teams have performed in recent times in subcontinent. playing in England,Australia or SA they are not given the same latitude from media or fans.Indian team looked dazed during the CB tri series but Aussie/indian media never gave them any respite.

Guys like Manju and Ganguly talk as if winning here is not at all  a big deal .Winning a test match to me is always a big deal.England/Australia/SA show so much pride when they win at home.

Why is India winning at home brushed aside, the players know they have to win overseas too but this nonchalant dismissal of wins at home is ridiculous.

Winning on Bunsen Burner is not that easy as part timers like Clarke or Elgar can also run thru line ups.We need to stop downgrading home test wins as if they mean nothing .

I think it's gone behind excuses now. Away teams don't even bother with excuses. Cricket as i knew it has died and i don't think that's just because i am older. South Africa has been unbeaten in 9 years on the road and are on the verge of going down 3-0 and yet does anybody really care? When India levelled the 2001 series with Australia in Kolkata it made the front pages of all the broadsheets in the UK.