Rohit Sharma return to action Red carpet thread

maniac

Just for the record: Ishant is a very average ok-ish bowler even now (even tests). His improvement now has been long (long, long, long) over-due. But even now, he is average and no great shakes. That the slightly-improved (after long due) Ishant is penciled in as #1 or #2 if we want a medium pacer shows the paucity of good genuine accurate pacers/medium-pacers in India.

Ishant is bowling good areas nowadays in test matches ...at 135 k to 145 k. getting good bounce and seam movement after improving his seam position.  He is averaging 31 in tests from the beginning of 2014....from the NZ tour.

He is looking like a consistent bowler who is maintaining pressure on the batsman from his end...not giving away easy runs.. He is picking up wickets overseas. 

That is quite good actually. Ishant is more of a support pacer and his utility will be felt even more if and when Umesh can become a consistent strike bowler ( Umesh  has the much needed wicket taking ability in various conditions )

Let me put it this way,had rahul or nair got those many chances as nohit,they would have performed much better and probably cemented their place in the side.nohit at crease gives you no confidence at all.

Talking about Pishant,he's a good bowler when there's something in the pitch,on flat pitches or turning pitches ,he's poor.with the amount of overs he bowled over the course of the  3 tests ,he should have at least picked 5 wkts but he picked only 1 wkt throughout the series(although kept it tight) which shows how inconsistent he is

That's the point. IS is a support bowler (and in that role, he is good now - that too only nowadays after so many Tests where he was useless), not your main bowler even now.

And as far as Nohit - since thats more the title of this thread for LOL and fun purpose - no serious reply from me on it except ROFL! But I am glad that Nohit debate has made the forum more alive, so I am happy :)

Edited by fineleg

That's the point. IS is a support bowler (and in that role, he is good now - that too only nowadays after so many Tests where he was useless), not your main bowler even now.

And as far as Nohit - since thats more the title of this thread for LOL and fun purpose - no serious reply from me on it except ROFL! But I am glad that Nohit debate has made the forum more alive, so I am happy :)

It might be a joke to you because of your personal vendetta against a player( you even criticised his Mom in the semis and recently his T20 century :facepalm:) so I am glad you will not add your inputs here :two_thumbs_up:

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, Viper said:

:laugh1: Ye Bambi quota 

He will be gone no where TALENT keeps him alive in Pest Team

Although the bambi quota is very rampant and it gets super irritating when bambi commies behave like mesmerized teenagers when talent bats, He will stay in for different reasons. The Test Captain is his biggest fan in the country. :giggle: 

Picking Rohit in test matches is a poor decision and the selectors as well as Kohli deserve criticism for this.

When a team is selected and there is a  star as the captain ( like Kohli, Dhoni, Ganguly or Dravid )  then the selectors rarely do anything without the captain's consent.....so both the selectors as well as the captain deserve criticism or praise depending on the players being selected.

Edited by express bowling

I think this is it....just gibe him a run this test season......if not drop him for good.....atleast 10 innings need to be the criteria.

I still think Rohit can be our Gilchrist/Andrew Symonds........Good base he can come in and put the game out of the opposition's reach.....trouble at the top,can come and rescue the game.......Probably the final piece of puzzle that will take Indian cricket to great heights.

But no mercy....10 unchanged innings and that is it.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think this is it....just gibe him a run this test season......if not drop him for good.....atleast 10 innings need to be the criteria.

I still think Rohit can be our Gilchrist/Andrew Symonds........Good base he can come in and put the game out of the opposition's reach.....trouble at the top,can come and rescue the game.......Probably the final piece of puzzle that will take Indian cricket to great heights.

The problem is that we already have Vijay,Dhawan,Rahul along with Rohit. Don't think it is possible to give 10 odd innings to one guy.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

What if we give him 8 innings n he make 2- 50 in them and then same old story continous him failing like ever before. Wi are not a gr8 team. 

Another ques is is there any improvement in him that he shud be given so many more chances specially avg 22 in last 14, now 14 test is already a lot.

I saw his innings in warmup game n there is no improvement in his technique n i have compiled all his dismiisal n soon will have thread to show his major technical flaw due to which he can never be successful in test . His temp is already under ques?

Another thing is wat else does he offer once he gets out, India right now needs a 5th bowler as we dnt have luxury of sehwag, sachin, ganguly so team needs 5th bowler more than rohit the individual needing more chances

1 minute ago, sourab10forever said:

The problem is that we already have Vijay,Dhawan,Rahul along with Rohit. Don't think it is possible to give 10 odd innings to one guy.

Vijay is a fixture....Rahul has still not cemented his spot,6 batsmen strategy can come into play.......Also Rohit is hands down the best parttime spinner in India and might be more useful with the ball than Binny on WI tracks.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Vijay is a fixture....Rahul has still not cemented his spot,6 batsmen strategy can come into play.......Also Rohit is hands down the best parttime spinner in India and might be more useful with the ball than Binny on WI tracks.

No he is nt the best part timer spinner, raina is way better. Yuvraj is way better, hooda and few other can bowl more. 

Dnt rem the last he bowl n took wkts. 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What if we give him 8 innings n he make 2- 50 in them and then same old story continous him failing like ever before. Wi are not a gr8 team. 

Another ques is is there any improvement in him that he shud be given so many more chances specially avg 22 in last 14, now 14 test is already a lot.

I saw his innings in warmup game n there is no improvement in his technique n i have compiled all his dismiisal n soon will have thread to show his major technical flaw due to which he can never be successful in test . His temp is already under ques?

Another thing is wat else does he offer once he gets out, India right now needs a 5th bowler as we dnt have luxury of sehwag, sachin, ganguly so team needs 5th bowler more than rohit the individual needing more chances

As I said best part time bowling option in India and add to his batting skill.....yeah he might fail the odd innings but if he clicks,a guy that can go in Auto Pilot mode in ODI's .....can you imagine if he gets set in tests?

Last time I checked he was the highest scorer from India in the warmup game and he was Notout

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he is nt the best part timer spinner, raina is way better. Yuvraj is way better, hooda and few other can bowl more. 

Dnt rem the last he bowl n took wkts. 

Are Raina and Yuvraj better than Rohit as test batsmen?