Rohit Sharma return to action Red carpet thread

maniac

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Vijay is a fixture....Rahul has still not cemented his spot,6 batsmen strategy can come into play.......Also Rohit is hands down the best parttime spinner in India and might be more useful with the ball than Binny on WI tracks.

When there are only 6 batsmen,then there is no hope for a Rohit trial.

vijay

virat

rahane

pujara

saha 

...these guys are fixed.

one spot left which will be an opener. Rahul looks in form for now and also has a better technique.He has proved himself recently.Dhawan is a left hand batsmen which gives him a slight edge over Rohit.

Not saying he won't get a chance but that won't certainly be for 10 long matches esp if he perform like he did in the past.

The best part about Rohit's off spinners are they are very conventional.......He started his career as an offspinner before his extremely gifted talent did not go unnoticed.....He is still a very old school type non mystery spinner,a dying breed among darters and chuckers......I think Herath and Rohit are still the only 2 conventional spinners I have seen.

Just now, maniac said:

As I said best part time bowling option in India and add to his batting skill.....yeah he might fail the odd innings but if he clicks,a guy that can go in Auto Pilot mode in ODI's .....can you imagine if he gets set in tests?

Last time I checked he was the highest scorer from India in the warmup game and he was Notout

Yes u checked right he was the highest scorer in warm up game but did u see the game , have u noticed what is getting him out n does the problem exists or not. Have u really noticed his huge technical problems 

He got 72 in nz was set and got out in the most bizzare manner again due to his technical flaw, which ill xplain in the thread.

Sl twice he got 50 was set once out due to same technical issue other time lack of comman sense or wat.  IF u gonna get set 2 times in 10-12 innings then also u throw ur wkt away it wnt work. 

The point how much u wait for what if?? he has been given so many chances 14 test is no less, i bet no one else wud have gotten this much. Same was said bout yuvraj singh, raina imagine if he gets set . 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes u checked right he was the highest scorer in warm up game but did u see the game , have u noticed what is getting him out n does the problem exists or not. Have u really noticed his huge technical problems 

He got 72 in nz was set and got out in the most bizzare manner again due to his technical flaw, which ill xplain in the thread.

Sl twice he got 50 was set once out due to same technical issue other time lack of comman sense or wat.  IF u gonna get set 2 times in 10-12 innings then also u throw ur wkt away it wnt work. 

The point how much u wait for what if?? he has been given so many chances 14 test is no less, i bet no one else wud have gotten this much. Same was said bout yuvraj singh, raina imagine if he gets set . 

And that was one of the spiciest pitches in the series where everyone else were falling around him and you bring up his flaw especially when he was the top scorer?

The best part about Rohit's off spinners are they are very conventional.......He started his career as an offspinner before his extremely gifted talent did not go unnoticed.....He is still a very old school type non mystery spinner,a dying breed among darters and chuckers......I think Herath and Rohit are still the only 2 conventional spinners I have seen.

No he didnt started his career as an off spinner, he was a no-3 batsman in u19 wc who hardly bowled

Here is his bowling record- quite rubbish it is

1st class games- 75 mtchs- 24 wkts

list a games- 215 games- 30 wkts

How can he be a bowlers, that was just an excuse. dont tell me he bowled in school coz that everyone did  

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he didnt started his career as an off spinner, he was a no-3 batsman in u19 wc who hardly bowled

Here is his bowling record- quite rubbish it is

1st class games- 75 mtchs- 24 wkts

list a games- 215 games- 30 wkts

How can he be a bowlers, that was just an excuse. dont tell me he bowled in school coz that everyone did  

Early life[edit]

Sharma was born on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra. He speaks Telugu, as his mother Purnima Sharma comes from Visakhapatnam.[4] His father Gurunath Sharma worked as a caretaker of a transport firm storehouse. Sharma was raised by his grandparents and uncles in Borivali because of his father's low income.[5] He would visit his parents, who lived in a single-room house in Dombivli,[6] only during weekends.[5] He has a younger brother, Vishal Sharma.[6]

Sharma joined cricket camp in 1999 with his uncle's money. His coach at the camp was Dinesh Lad who asked him to change his school to Swami Vivekanand International School, where Lad was the coach and which had better cricket facilities. Sharma recollects, "I told him I couldn't afford it, but he got me a scholarship. So for four years I didn't pay a penny, and did well in my cricket."[5] Sharma started as an off spinner who could bat a bit, before Lad noticed Sharma's batting abilities and promoted him from number eight to open the innings. He excelled in the Harris and Giles Shield school cricket tournaments, scoring a century on debut as opener.[7]

Playing career[edit]

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Are Raina and Yuvraj better than Rohit as test batsmen?

Yuvraj did score 2-100 against pak in rawalpinidi(2006) n Lahore(2004) where our whole batting struggled , n rohit is yet to perform on tough wkts so yea for time being ill say yuvraj was better. 

Raina has a 100 in SL but rohit , but still ill say raina is a garbage of a batsman 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

And that was one of the spiciest pitches in the series where everyone else were falling around him and you bring up his flaw especially when he was the top scorer?

after getting set if u get out like that playing away from body , no feet movement and reading the wrong swing dont tell me there is no flaw in his batting

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yuvraj did score 2-100 against pak in rawalpinidi(2006) n Lahore(2004) where our whole batting struggled , n rohit is yet to perform on tough wkts so yea for time being ill say yuvraj was better. 

Raina has a 100 in SL but rohit , but still ill say raina is a garbage of a batsman 

Yuvraj has played 40 tests...almost 3 times of what Rohit has played and a lot of them at home where Rohit has played on some tough tours on some spicy pitches.....Even the ones we got at home were mine fields and low scoring affairs.

Cmo'n don't be biased......clearly the management,skipper,coach and every legend of the game knows that he is special.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Early life[edit]

Sharma was born on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra. He speaks Telugu, as his mother Purnima Sharma comes from Visakhapatnam.[4] His father Gurunath Sharma worked as a caretaker of a transport firm storehouse. Sharma was raised by his grandparents and uncles in Borivali because of his father's low income.[5] He would visit his parents, who lived in a single-room house in Dombivli,[6] only during weekends.[5] He has a younger brother, Vishal Sharma.[6]

Sharma joined cricket camp in 1999 with his uncle's money. His coach at the camp was Dinesh Lad who asked him to change his school to Swami Vivekanand International School, where Lad was the coach and which had better cricket facilities. Sharma recollects, "I told him I couldn't afford it, but he got me a scholarship. So for four years I didn't pay a penny, and did well in my cricket."[5] Sharma started as an off spinner who could bat a bit, before Lad noticed Sharma's batting abilities and promoted him from number eight to open the innings. He excelled in the Harris and Giles Shield school cricket tournaments, scoring a century on debut as opener.[7]

Playing career[edit]

But where did he bowl i wanna know at school level. I understand when someone tells me about smith, ashwin, afridi, sehwag tht they started with opp skill. 

I wanna know where did this guy bowl, his bowling record is bizzare

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

after getting set if u get out like that playing away from body , no feet movement and reading the wrong swing dont tell me there is no flaw in his batting

So Virat doesn't have a flaw against outswing? Dhawan-How many flaws does he have? Rahul-Temparament,Pujara-Inswing

Yuvraj has played 40 tests...almost 3 times of what Rohit has played and a lot of them at home where Rohit has played on some tough tours on some spicy pitches.....Even the ones we got at home were mine fields and low scoring affairs.

Cmo'n don't be biased......clearly the management,skipper,coach and every legend of the game knows that he is special.

Ques is not skiil, test matches need more than skill called technique and temperament. 

For skill he has been given enough chances and he hasnt done anything. All other batsman playing with him also played on all pitches they performed.

The point is what assure us even if he score against a side like WI, so that he can screw us further in many test to come. 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ques is not skiil, test matches need more than skill called technique and temperament. 

For skill he has been given enough chances and he hasnt done anything. All other batsman playing with him also played on all pitches they performed.

The point is what assure us even if he score against a side like WI, so that he can screw us further in many test to come. 

Westindies drew a series against a very strong England side  at home the last time....and that England team was relatively stronger than our current squad

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Westindies drew a series against a very strong England side  at home the last time....and that England team was relatively stronger than our current squad

Ok but still on wat basis does rohit deserve a so many chances after avg 22 in last 14 test, a team n captain has very right to pick the comibination they want . His job is to perform in watever chances he gets,like pujara did in SL. There are several talented players sitting outside for chance. 

N if he himself was tht serious he shud have started practicing like kohli 10 days before the camp but he was on holiday. Now i have nothing against him going on holiday u can take time off but boss when ur avg is 22 in last 14 u have to prep a lil better. Learn from kohli why does he need to start so early.