Ultimatum to Rohit Sharma

maniac

There is just too much talent that is going waste and also we have invested too much in him in tests.

Also he has not been given a consistent run...after coming out of the SL test series where he was our top run getter,he was dropped for the first 2 tests against S.A....he is being chopped and changed too often but yeah he needs to grab the chance he gets even though at times he gets the dubious decision :(.

So here is the solution....Let him know he gets 7 tests on a trot or 14 innings which ever comes first....he gets to pick his position he wants to play in and then a final judgement will be made.

This will give him the added confidence and will make him the world beater we always knew he would be...Look at LOI's, he is already the best in the world in those formats.

What do you guys think :bandit:

I used to have lot of hope but I think he is just not cut for test cricket. He has too many problems with being a potential candidate for LBWs /bowledout/ caught behinds. Such a person can never become a good test batsman unless he makes drastic improvement in his batting technique. He may have been unlucky with missing out on 11 odd tests in India from late 2016 or so but no one can help think that the boat has already sailed for Rohit Sharma the test batsman. 

It is sad thing to say but I think he should probably let a Rahane or a youngster to take over his spot and focus on LOI cricket.  

Some cricketers are not meant for tests like Yuvi, Ajay Jadeja. There are a lot of examples of players in teams around the world who didn't play test for long after being tried. 

But we keep trying him again and again and again to be disappointed.

Him being limited to ODIs & t20s will be beneficial for all parties. 

Edited by Turning_track

I think we need to handle the Rohit situation very delicately...dropping him suddenly would mean it would impact his performances in other formats where has done some bradman level feats. We would lose out on one of our ATG LOI players.

Sure he can be rested but if he is totally gone from the scheme of things it is going to create a lot of mess for us...This is not humor or trolling,seriously the ultimatum is a way to ease the “sink or swim” whichever side Rohit’s  career will end up on finally. 

Just now, maniac said:

I think we need to handle the Rohit situation very delicately...dropping him suddenly would mean it would impact his performances in other formats where has done some bradman level feats. We would lose out on one of our ATG LOI players.

Sure he can be rested but if he is totally gone from the scheme of things it is going to create a lot of mess for us...This is not humor or trolling,seriously the ultimatum is a way to ease the “sink or swim” whichever side Rohit’s  career will end up on finally. 

Dude stop. :hysterical: