Jump to content
maniac

Ultimatum to Rohit Sharma

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Four years of ultimatums hes still in the side. Such is the talent

Please read the context. probably the most mismanaged player ever. I mean this is a guy who is one of the greatest LOI batsman ever. Shattered the records in 2/3 formats but doesn't even get an extended run of 5-6 matches. 2 games and then dropped but then has to break the glass ceiling in other formats to get another shot, then rinse and repeat.

 

Look I understand there is a lot of young talent waiting in the wings but this man has earned to get an extended run of 6-7  tests before being dropped. Can you imagine what the equivalent of the 264 or the fastest T20 100 would look like in a test context :fear1:

 

Yes I am sick of all this drama too. Give him 6-7 tests and then call on his fate.

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, maniac said:

Please read the context. probably the most mismanaged player ever. I mean this is a guy who is one of the greatest LOI batsman ever. Shattered the records in 2/3 formats but doesn't even get an extended run of 5-6 matches. 2 games and then dropped but then has to break the glass ceiling in other formats to get another shot, then rinse and repeat.

 

Look I understand there is a lot of young talent waiting in the wings but this man has earned to get an extended run of 6-7  tests before being dropped. Can you imagine what the equivalent of the 264 or the fastest T20 100 would look like in a test context :fear1:

 

Yes I am sick of all this drama too. Give him 6-7 tests and then call on his fate.

He has been getting shots from 2013 to 2015. He has been found to be wanting technically and mentally. He is not test material. You are saying he didn't get his due even though he was married into an influential family. Get out of here. He is getting more unnecessary chances here because of that. His ODI records don't make him a guarantee for tests. His T20 records are overrated. So don't get that in here and get yourself pwned. I have to call in @zen to school you on his T20 record

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

He has been getting shots from 2013 to 2015. He has been found to be wanting technically and mentally. He is not test material. You are saying he didn't get his due even though he was married into an influential family. Get out of here. He is getting more unnecessary chances here because of that. His ODI records don't make him a guarantee for tests. His T20 records are overrated. So don't get that in here and get yourself pwned. I have to call in @zen to school you on his T20 record

Sure. Let's filter out all the IPL trophy and Champion's league wins in some statsguru filters for Rohit as a captain+player, filter out all the 4 T20I 100's (an unmatched record) + 2 other occasions were he came close+ The fastest T20 100 + Man of the match in a must win qualifier in WT20 2007 that we won + match winning cameo in the WT20 final + that T20 knock in 2010 against rampaging Johnson and co on a bouncy surface that is still talked about as one of the greatest T20 knocks of all time+ all the valuable advice he brought in as a the brains trust of the team over the years for example like sending DK low down the order in Nidihass etc+ giving India all these young talented folk for the next gen like Bumrah/Pandya bros/Chahal etc+ helped resurgence of Malinga+Mitchell Johnson etc etc. Let's filter all that out

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Moochad said:

Thanks I was just curious.

 

In your honest opinion do you think he will be better suited for opening than the middle order?

I think he will surprise us as an opener. He has been opening in 2 formats for 6+ years now and has done well in some tough conditions even in LOI's. If you remember he kind of struggled at No.4 which was his regular position a couple of years back even in IPL once he started opening in internationals.

 

I think in middle order he bats at 6, so most times he is in situations where has to accelerate or build from a collapse. It can be very difficult for a guy with so many expectations and someone who is trying to establish himself. 

 

There is a reason why his 6's per test average is so high because he has been in those kind of situations already in the games he played.

 

I think we are going to see him take to opening like fish in water because he is a professional opener now. If you remember Sehwag too didn't have the same impact in the middle once he started opening and then was pushed back down to the middle order later on.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Suppose he fails against Sa which has been his nemesis and makes runs against Bang who doesnt have a good bowling attack and has been playing **** off lately.......then what ???

It's all about confidence. What if he scores a 500 against Bangladesh, that will take him into the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think he will surprise us as an opener. He has been opening in 2 formats for 6+ years now and has done well in some tough conditions even in LOI's. If you remember he kind of struggled at No.4 which was his regular position a couple of years back even in IPL once he started opening in internationals.

In my opinion he could suceed in Asian conditions as an opener. I don't have faith in his ability against the moving ball overseas.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Moochad said:

In my opinion he could suceed in Asian conditions as an opener. I don't have faith in his ability against the moving ball overseas.

I don’t think most openers do well in tough conditions these days. David Warner is a walking wicket too in tests in England and India by still he has that xfactor.

 

Cook was that last ATG old school test opener. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, maniac said:

It's all about confidence. What if he scores a 500 against Bangladesh, that will take him into the next level.

Still bang is a shitty bowling attack, didnt he pile on tons of runs against WI at home and then struggled in SA 

And again made runs against SL at home and struggled in SA

 

Didnt we do the same mistake with dhawan and took him on lanka bashing to ENG n SA.....end result he struggled 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, maniac said:

Sure. Let's filter out all the IPL trophy and Champion's league wins in some statsguru filters for Rohit as a captain+player, filter out all the 4 T20I 100's (an unmatched record) + 2 other occasions were he came close+ The fastest T20 100 + Man of the match in a must win qualifier in WT20 2007 that we won + match winning cameo in the WT20 final + that T20 knock in 2010 against rampaging Johnson and co on a bouncy surface that is still talked about as one of the greatest T20 knocks of all time+ all the valuable advice he brought in as a the brains trust of the team over the years for example like sending DK low down the order in Nidihass etc+ giving India all these young talented folk for the next gen like Bumrah/Pandya bros/Chahal etc+ helped resurgence of Malinga+Mitchell Johnson etc etc. Let's filter all that out

Fine. Even if I accept he is a T20 rockstar, he still sucks in tests. I remember at Galle in 2015, he missed a straight ball from Herath and got bowled. If he had covered the line, he would have been not out. We were chasing a small target and him stitching a partnership with the other batsmen could have helped us cross the line. He can't do the simple things in test cricket. Yet you expect great things from him that too as an opener wow. Did you watch him against Philander recently 0(2) :laugh:

After 2015, he should have never been picked again. He was given numerous unwarranted chances because of him being married into cricket agent royalty and his friendship with Kohli. Kohli even moved to one drop to facilitate him in the middle order. In Adelaide last year, he hit a six of Lyon that narrowly missed the fielder and hit straight to him again and got out. He played high risk shots in the first day in a test that too when India was in a precarious position (again) with Pujara at the other end who saved us at the end by scoring a century. He is not fit technically, mentally and going by his increasing tire size, physically as well :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t see why scoring at home is bad? Isn’t winning at home not important?

 

In fact India is rated as the toughest place to win. So that bradman stat looks even more amazing in context :hatsoff:

Sad thing is they think they understand sports. They are clueless.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, Khota said:

Today I am laughing at all the so called xperts on ICF.

Because I dont rate batsmen who only score at home? Well, scoring at home is not bad, but making the same runs in unfavorable conditions is gold.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Because I dont rate batsmen who only score at home? Well, scoring at home is not bad, but making the same runs in unfavorable conditions is gold.

I agree he needs to score abroad too but he is not as bad as he is made out to be on ICF.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Suppose he fails against Sa which has been his nemesis and makes runs against Bang who doesnt have a good bowling attack and has been playing **** off lately.......then what ???

Sharmaji ab kya khayaal hai?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...