OK Serious q: Dilwale or Bajirao...which one u watching?

Texy

Next Indian movie I am eagerly waiting for is Baahubali 2....why did Katappa kill Baahubali :confused:

My theory - Bhallal captures a pregnant Devasena and blackmails* Kattappa to kill King Baahubali. Meanwhile Shivagami comes to know of the coup and saves Devasena's child but couldn't get Devasena out of Mahishmathi. Cut to Shivagami carrying the child in a river.

* - The reason could only be Devasena or well-being of Mahishmathi. Otherwise Kattappa wouldn't betray the Throne. And Devasena doesn't have ill-feeling towards Kattappa which means she understands he was forced into the deed.

My theory - Bhallal captures a pregnant Devasena and blackmails* Kattappa to kill King Baahubali. Meanwhile Shivagami comes to know of the coup and saves Devasena's child but couldn't get Devasena out of Mahishmathi. Cut to Shivagami carrying the child in a river.

* - The reason could only be Devasena or well-being of Mahishmathi. Otherwise Kattappa wouldn't betray the Throne. And Devasena doesn't have ill-feeling towards Kattappa which means she understands he was forced into the deed.

I already posted the story above.

Bahubali is massively overrated crap.  Suffers from the same "flourish" disease, but done with less panache.  Desi movies need to learn to pull off hagiography without ass-kissery.  

Wrong. Desi films show desi culture and way of living. Ass kissery is an old desi culture. Desi films need to be desi and not angrezi.

Wrong. Desi films show desi culture and way of living. Ass kissery is an old desi culture. Desi films need to be desi and not angrezi.

I think he is talking about biographical movies on historical figures like Akbar, Bajirao, B movies show more folklore kind of praise rather than show any negatives. A movie like Lincoln also showed something negative/real/practical about the man rather than show some patriotic BS. 

Edited by coffee_rules

I think he is talking about biographical movies on historical figures like Akbar, Bajirao, B movies show more folklore kind of praise rather than show any negatives. A movie like Lincoln also showed something negative/real/practical about the man rather than show some patriotic BS. 

I think he was talking about Bahubali. also difficult to show controversial parts in India. lot of hurdles. people protests, political too. we as a society have not reached to that stage yet where we would accept negative aspects of our heroes.

Edited by rkt.india

In contemporary Indian milieu, folklore is treated as history and vice versa. The two aren't as detached as one may perceive. Bhansali is just trying to cash in on popular perceptions.

Akbar may have been a fat pudgy emperor for all we know. But by having Hrithik play Akbar, it is the past was glorious/beautiful chord that was struck.

The more I read different perspectives on Indian history, the more mirage like it seems. Most writers of an era always glorified the existing monarch. Factual description was never our forte.

Star Wars is going to blow every other half decent film out of water....and this is a reboot of a movie made in the 70's....we are still stuck with these kind of crappy movies...I mean fine case can be made for Bhaji Rao as a glorified broadway play but Dilwale going by the reviews I mean what do these guys think about the public? The very fact they make such movies shows they do not have any respect for the audeince.

Star Wars is going to blow every other half decent film out of water....and this is a reboot of a movie made in the 70's....we are still stuck with these kind of crappy movies...I mean fine case can be made for Bhaji Rao as a glorified broadway play but Dilwale going by the reviews I mean what do these guys think about the public? The very fact they make such movies shows they do not have any respect for the audeince.

Dude, it does not matter what kinda movie it is as long as you put a Salman or Shah Rukh in the movie. Their stupid idiot fans will flock the theaters and make them blockbusters :facepalm: 

Bahubali is massively overrated crap.  Suffers from the same "flourish" disease, but done with less panache.  Desi movies need to learn to pull off hagiography without ass-kissery.  

when the guy lifts the stone lingam he does it with a lousy self agrandizing smile, its a miracle worth to be ending of a super human story yet the guy does it in a side note, pathetic movie. Thoroughly unimpressed with the movie.

Edited by Vilander