Mohd Amir Potential Intl comeback-what's your take?

maniac

Looks like he will eventually make a comeback especially with Pak having some overseas tours scheduled....tough technically every Pak game is an overseas game :giggle:

Anyways I personally think he should be allowed back into the international arena having served his ban.

Do I think he was an innocent kid led astray by others-of course not.

Do I think he is talented-Yes but not at the level of how some padosis view him as some kind of a legend.

I don't think cricket is richer or poorer without Amir as Pakistanis seem to claim but from purely a perspective of he did his time and it is time to move on and let him back in.

Marlon Samuels served his ban for his involvement with bookies and he was back and everyone accepted him and moved on,a similar case can be made for Amir too.

So yeah I don't think I have a problem with his re-admission into international cricket.....it's funny to see some Pakistani players take a moral high ground on this issue ....Hafeez I think it was.

So just wanted to hear other opinions.

as a cricket fan....I would love to see this guy....

I still remember .... sachin's wicket this kid have taken in a one day match...

He is destined to be all time great ................so sad that he got himself into mess....

when will India produce such talent?????????????????

Also he had a wonderful 2009 Australia tour....easily clocking 145+ and totally unplayable

He is destined to be all time great ................so sad that he got himself into mess....

Also he had a wonderful 2009 Australia tour....easily clocking 145+ and totally unplayable

lol unplayable at an average of 45 in australia :hysterical:

this is the perfect example of over rating!! 

In 2009-10 tour ,the aus pitches were all lively and had a lot to offer to the bowlers ,he still got spanked except in Melbourne where he picked a five fer in the second innings I think.stop lying with the speeds lol,he clocked a few balls over 145 ,one touched 149 i think but his average speed was nowhere close to 145 ,amir was never an express bowler and Aussie speed guns are not that accurate,even pishant clocked153 k in Melbourne ,hazlwewood of all people was clocked 150k this summer lol

If he bowls on these flat pattas in aus,he'll be massacred like boult was.

Still amir was a talent and made full use of the English conditions but he was young and could have become better,now lets see how well he performs after the lay off

He had so much potential.  Tragic that he allowed himself to be sucked into corruption.  Of the 3, he appears to be the least guilty and the most remorseful.  I'm glad he wasn't a Team India player, it would be really mixed feelings if he was. 

Somehow, I doubt he will ever live up to what he flashed in his early career.  Odds are, he will end up being more Rana Naved or Sami, then the 2 Ws.  

this is the perfect example of over rating!! 

In 2009-10 tour ,the aus pitches were all lively and had a lot to offer to the bowlers ,he still got spanked except in Melbourne where he picked a five fer in the second innings I think.stop lying with the speeds lol,he clocked a few balls over 145 ,one touched 149 i think but his average speed was nowhere close to 145 ,amir was never an express bowler and Aussie speed guns are not that accurate,even pishant clocked153 k in Melbourne ,hazlwewood of all people was clocked 150k this summer lol

If he bowls on these flat pattas in aus,he'll be massacred like boult was.

Still amir was a talent and made full use of the English conditions but he was young and could have become better,now lets see how well he performs after the lay off

Well....i haven't followed that series keenly enough....but whatever bits and pieces i have seen( that too mostly one day series)....he looked awesome and unplayable....Aussie players were letting him go and target other bowlers...

I don't follow Pak cricket so much but whatever i have seen, he looked really special and seem like he had lot of potential to improve.....

Really don't care tbh.

But the falling over of padosi fans for the comeback of someone who cheated them has been hilarious last few months

Hopefully he flops real bad .Then the same fans slating him and calling him crook again non stop will be even more comical.

was thinking the same :cantstop:

Well....i haven't followed that series keenly enough....but whatever bits and pieces i have seen( that too mostly one day series)....he looked awesome and unplayable....Aussie players were letting him go and target other bowlers...

I don't follow Pak cricket so much but whatever i have seen, he looked really special and seem like he had lot of potential to improve.....

he can be special if he plays throughout his life on those english,saf wkts but sadly half of his playing career will be played on dead uae wkts

Summary of Mohammad Amir's 51 Test wickets in 14 Matches (27 innings) :

In Aus : 8 Wickets in 4 innings @ Bowl Avg - 40.4

In England : 30 Wickets in 11 innings @ Bowl Avg - 19.8

In NZ : 7 Wickets in 6 Innings @ Bowl Avg - 43.71

In Sri Lanka : 6 Wickets @ Bowl  Avg 43.50

Except England, which is heaven for any genuine bowler,  he had worst bowling average as well worst wicket/Inning ratio.

I wonder why he is so celebrated or seen as upcoming legend by neighbours??

Summary of Mohammad Amir's 51 Test wickets in 14 Matches (27 innings) :

In Aus : 8 Wickets in 4 innings @ Bowl Avg - 40.4

In England : 30 Wickets in 11 innings @ Bowl Avg - 19.8

In NZ : 7 Wickets in 6 Innings @ Bowl Avg - 43.71

In Sri Lanka : 6 Wickets @ Bowl  Avg 43.50

Except England, which is heaven for any genuine bowler,  he had worst bowling average as well worst wicket/Inning ratio.

I wonder why he is so celebrated or seen as upcoming legend by neighbours??

because our padosis live on two principles 

1) conspiracy theories

2)high delusion levels