India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

Why was he picked despite not so good performances? Did he do well in domestic cricket?

He did well in VH trophy but what is the need for Axar when we already have a similar bowler and a better batsman in Jadeja. These matches are in Australia and not in the subcontinent. Why pick 4 spinners for Australia???

NO 

Enough of that minnow basher / IPL bully

Let him stay at Home

Absolutely

The guy cnt play Tall fast bowler. U knw he ll fail in aus n wid teams like Sa , Aus no point carrying him.

He is srsly irresponsible 

The whole excuse of him batting low coz of his position is crasp. HE had so many overs in 2nd odi, 5th odi in Sa series, WC semi final n so many other games. But he didnt apply himself n he is always in anticipation of short ball which he still cnt play n due to tht anticipation his feet r stuck in the crease n he even struggles against pitched up balls.

Dnt understand taking Axar to. When u have jadeja y do u need a poor mans jadeja as well. 

Bumrah, Pandya, Murali vijay, Shreyas iyer Even irfan, bhajji, yuvraj wud hve made more sense n added more value. 

I think Irfan Pathan needs to be given a chance. A left arm bowler, someone who can bat a bit, he can serve the country for another 2-3 yrs.

Irfan is pretty much done in Indian cricket. I don't think he is doing well in the domestic cricket as well, so he is not making a return anytime soon.

I think Axar Patel has justified his selection with his domestic performance, He has carried his team to the finals in Vijay Hazare trophy, we may think that he is not good enough for Australia but ultimately domestic performance too are a big consideration while selecting the squad. Article for People who are not following Vijay Hazare:

"Axar revels in cocktail of flight and turn"

"With his 19 wickets at an average of 13, Axar is now the joint-highest wicket-taker in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. Having carried his team through to the final, Axar has a chance to go past Punjab's Siddarth Kaul. He has also contributed a not-small matter of 214 runs to Gujarat's cause, at an average of 43. Only two of his team-mates have scored more runs."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/vijay-hazare-trophy-2015-16/content/story/955353.html

Irfan Pathan was famous till last year for feigning injury all year long and getting fit as soon as IPL arrived, this was quoted by both Cricinfo (directly) and Dhoni (indirectly) in an article. He will have to prove himself by at-least playing 1-2 Full seasons along with good form. 

I must say this though

Dhoni played with Irfan like a football.. Didn't let this guy settle in one place.. Changed his batting order when he was Bowling really well. Tried to make him an all rounder 1 down 2 down my goddd

Pure talent when he first came into the team

I still remember that 0-3 against pak

It has nothing to do with Dhoni. Dhoni wasn't the captain then. Also, how will he play when he is never fit. First time, he played domestic matches in a row in two years. He is no tearaway bowler to be injured like this.

T20 XI

Rohit
Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Gurkeerat
Pandya
Ashwin
Umesh
Shami
Nehra

Nehra-ji to lead the attack :isalute:. I wouldn't bother with a second spinner but Dhoni will probably play Axar or Jaddu in place of Pandya. Gurkeerat has carried enough drinks.

ODI XI

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Gurkeerat
Jadeja
Ashwin
Umesh
Ishant
Sran

Sran can be the surprise element. No Shami for the first 2 ODIs.

Let's hope for an entertaining tour. Going to grab a shrimp burrito now :eating:

Edited by jalebi_bhai