Hardik Pandya hit 39 in an over today in SMA T20 trohpy

sscomp32

Just watched his innings in today's match against Vidharbha. Certainly he the player to look for at number 6 or 7. He can be our Maxwell like player. The way he strikes by clearing his front leg is not common for an Indian batsman in recent past. We are missing a big hitter. Surely, you can't rate much domestic bowlers but there's no harm in trying a player. He should be a starter in 1st T20 against Aussies. But going by thought process of Dhoni, I doubt he will play him.

Just how is he a "good" bowler. Has never won any games with the ball (even batting allrounders are supposed to do that a few times). His SR is also not that impressive.

Dont look at overall SR, see his SR in current SMA trophy. Also, his bowling is still developing.

Just how is he a "good" bowler. Has never won any games with the ball (even batting allrounders are supposed to do that a few times). His SR is also not that impressive.

Dont look at overall SR, see his SR in current SMA trophy. Also, his bowling is still developing.

I did... I don't see him anywhere in the list of highest SRs. Scored 377 runs at a SR of 131, which is good but not that much higher than his overall SR as you imply. In fact, as per the highest SRs of this SMA, one would think that Nitish Rana and Negi are better suited.

I did... I don't see him anywhere in the list of highest SRs. Scored 377 runs at a SR of 131, which is good but not that much higher than his overall SR as you imply. In fact, as per the highest SRs of this SMA, one would think that Nitish Rana and Negi are better suited.

He batted at 3-4 mostly. Mostly batsmen who opens or bats at 5-6 have high sr. At 3-4, sometime, you need to consolidate, so, sr at times can be low, but whenever, he lasted longer, his sr has been high. He will probably bat at 6-7 for india and there situations will be different.

Check the sr of his bigger innings.

He batted at 3-4 mostly. Mostly batsmen who opens or bats at 5-6 have high sr. At 3-4, sometime, you need to consolidate, so, sr at times can be low, but whenever, he lasted longer, his sr has been high. He will probably bat at 6-7 for india and there situations will be different.

Check the sr of his bigger innings.

Still not otherworldly like all these Pandya fanatics would have one believe. I'd recommend that you check out the SF and F knocks... in both, he had ample time to bat, and ended up scoring at a SR of around 100 (or a bit less, I forget which). And this was against terrible domestic attacks. I don't see how he is the next Kapil Dev or something based on that.

Still not otherworldly like all these Pandya fanatics would have one believe. I'd recommend that you check out the SF and F knocks... in both, he had ample time to bat, and ended up scoring at a SR of around 100 (or a bit less, I forget which). And this was against terrible domestic attacks. I don't see how he is the next Kapil Dev or something based on that.

As i said, he batted at 3-4, so at those numbers, you dont need to start hitting from ball one and like he played a run a ball inning but then got out and he couldn't accelerate. We need to see his SR batting at 3-4 when he played long innings like that 51 ball 86 that propelled vidarbha to sf. For a batsman batting at 3-4, he averaged 53 at sr 130. High average matters more at that number than just SR. SR would matter more if bats at 5-6-7. We saw in IPL while batting at 6-7 when they played him later part of the IPL. He won MI two matches on his own from losing positions.

Also, he is just 22, a rookie who isnt too experiencd even as a domestic player. Next 1-2 years will be his development years at international level and by 24, he should be a match winner for us in LOIs.

As i said, he batted at 3-4, so at those numbers, you dont need to start hitting from ball one and like he played a run a ball inning but then got out and he couldn't accelerate. We need to see his SR batting at 3-4 when he played long innings like that 51 ball 86 that propelled vidarbha to sf. For a batsman batting at 3-4, he averaged 53 at sr 130. High average matters more at that number than just SR. SR would matter more if bats at 5-6-7. We saw in IPL while batting at 6-7 when they played him later part of the IPL. He won MI two matches on his own from losing positions.

But, in that 50+ avg, most of his runs came in the league stages. The relatively better attacks in the semis and finals were UP and Mumbai. Here, as you said, he probably got a start and didn't capitalize. And, let's not forget that pie-chuckers such as Dhawal Kulkarni won't be playing in the top international teams. The Starcs, Boults, etc. will be in business in general. Standard of bowling in IPL is also uneven.

These T20s in Oz will be a better indication of his abilities, albeit not a complete one.