India no longer producing readymade talent - Dhoni

Lannister

With Kohli fast threatening the captaincy position, it seems our captain has lost his cool. Bad signs for Indian cricket if he continues to captain.

I hope he quits captaincy midway this series just like he did midway during the test series last time against Aus. The longer he takes, the more it will hurt our performance both in Australia and in the upcoming tourneys.

With Kohli fast threatening the captaincy position, it seems our captain has lost his cool. Bad signs for Indian cricket if he continues to captain.

I hope he quits captaincy midway this series just like he did midway during the test series last time against Aus. The longer he takes, the more it will hurt our performance both in Australia and in the upcoming tourneys.

Can't quit mid way... No back up keeper in squad

LMAO what test series you on about kid ? SL team was weakest one ever.. RSA cause of so called CSK players 

This kid crawls out of his lil hole once in a while.. Saw how well we did in 2007 WC with big players.. Winning T20 WC in that same year after shameful loss to BD in WC says it all.. Dumb once like you just don't understand it ...

LOL Fact is you are speaking out of your arse..  What a joke 

India hasn't produced any good once since then so no point blaming him like a shameless Bringback pans

Same way we will win T20 WC this year if Dhoni steps down

No one claimed Dhoni was not a good captain. However, he and his ideas got stale very soon

India has not produced a good bowler because of the likes of Dhoni. Even yesterday Dhoni brought in Yadav after Rohit. Surely you can see the difference between Yadav under Dhoni and under Kohli?

Yes Dhoni, after fecking all our fast bowlers in the ass for years there is no talent indeed. We will suddenly see the talent comes after you leave

Australia using this series to check their bench strength. We should have done the same. I have read somewhere regarding selection of Khwaja & Hastings that Australia can defeat India in this series by selecting any time dick harry.I think this is very derogatory for a cricket team like our.But knowing the present condition, it is possible for Australia to beat us by putting anybody in the 11.

After Shami 's injury Bumrah was on standby,but in last moment ,Kumar was choose as his replacement. This is very bad precedent. India lost to Bangladesh with senior side & India won in Zimbabwe with new players.But players like Jadhav & Pandey were not considered for another series when Dhoni took over.Jadhav who has a 100 in his last innings in odi has not been considered again.

For the T20 series the selectors should have been brave & should have selected younger players like Iyer,Agarwal, Nair,Bumrah,Nathu Singh,Kuldeep, Bains,Shardul, etc.

Some of Dhon's "readymade" quotes,

• "If you see what makes life easy for an international team is the kind of domestic cricket… if you see the Australian first-class cricket, it is very good, which means the players who come up from the ranks of domestic cricket or first-class cricket have already got good exposure of playing cricketers who have played international cricket or are playing international cricket at that point of time. I feel that way Australian cricket is blessed."
  • "I think the trend is changing slowly. Even if you see the batsmen nowadays, they have been part of the side for quite some time and we have had to groom them. I feel the same applies to the bowlers. We may not have the luxury of just picking up the complete product to come into international cricket and start delivering from the very first game. It is important to identify talent and at the same time give them games quite quickly so that they get that exposure of international cricket. And we also see get to see how they handle pressure and the areas where they need to improve."

After making that particular statement, he immediately goes on to say,

• Rishi's presence was ignored when Dhoni was asked for a possible combination. "Most likely it will be three-two [quicks-spinners]," he said. "Because we don't really have a seaming allrounder so most likely it will be a three-two combination."

I just stopped reading there. Why pick a guy when you are not going to give him a chance to play? His whole life is just one big contradiction. WTF is wrong with this guy?

Here's the link who want to read his essay,

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2015-16/content/story/960401.html

was Dhoni making a joke of selectors by ignoring Rishi??

are selectors jokers that they considered Rishi as the all rounder and picked him ahead of Binny and pandya for ODI's. there must be some thing in this guy called Rishi.

Rishi is a big name in domestic cricket in india.. I don't say that he is a good all rounder but why does he humiliate him by ignoring him.

just think of his energy levels now.. what wud Rishi be thinking of himself.

A diff question - no matter who the bowlers - can India get Steve Smith out before he piles up the runs? That Smith guy scores hell of a lot against India!

He is Australia's version of Saeed Anwar, Jayasuriya, Chanderpaul and Dilshan... players who score heavily against India...

Should I add Q D'kock to the list?

'Still not convinced about DRS' - Dhoni

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2015-16/content/story/961593.html

Dhoni is getting weirder by the day. He wants everything handed to him on a platter .... ready-made Indian players to play international cricket, 100% perfect DRS system.

Some of the answers have no relevance to the questions asked. Sample this ..

Responding to how a review of the Bailey decision could have changed the course of the match, Dhoni said: "It could have but at the same time we need to push the umpires to make the right decisions. You have to see how many 50-50 decisions don't go in our favour. It always happens, then you have to take it. But I am still not convinced about DRS."

How do you "push" the umpires to make the right decisions? :banghead::banghead:  

Quite simply Dhobi is a retard n too stupid also arrogant to change after his mistakes, keeps repeating them n hopes for a different outcome, when have ever spinners been successful in Perth?, Unless u R a Chandra or a freak, he just doesn't get it nor do our selectors who look at his past in a flawed way n think he ever did well in test as captain n also Odis away, he is just plain stupid n arrogant

I find this funny that everyone is against Dhoni for saying something we all knew anyway. It shows an inability from people to separate what is being said from who is saying it.

Dhoni has been struggling as a captain and batsman for the past 4-5 years (no doubt about it) but anyone who looks at the Australian FC tournaments can see its a better standard than Indian FC tournaments. Because Dhoni said it, people are going crazy.

If say Dravid said this, I doubt people would have had this reaction.

I find this funny that everyone is against Dhoni for saying something we all knew anyway. It shows an inability from people to separate what is being said from who is saying it.

Dhoni has been struggling as a captain and batsman for the past 4-5 years (no doubt about it) but anyone who looks at the Australian FC tournaments can see its a better standard than Indian FC tournaments. Because Dhoni said it, people are going crazy.

If say Dravid said this, I doubt people would have had this reaction.

4-5 years is pushing it too much. Even prior to the Oz series, Dhobi was averaging around 52.5 in ODIs.