Lack of power hitters costing India

sandeep

Not sure how you drop Raina.

You ask him to come 3 down and 4 down and hit out almost every game and yet expect him to score big?

Raina remains one of the cleanest hitters in Indian cricket and esp against this Aussie attack which is fairly trundle like and on flat pitches.

I think Raina was dropped because the selectors wanted to test out new players like Gurkeerat and Pandey in a not so important bilateral ODI series. 

If Raina were in the team then they would not get chances...just like Rishi is being ignored because of Jadeja.

If we don't try out new players then how will create bench strength  or even playing XI strength given such poor performances of many ODI players ?

I think Raina was dropped because the selectors wanted to test out new players like Gurkeerat and Pandey in a not so important bilateral ODI series. 

If Raina were in the team then they would not get chances...just like Rishi is being ignored because of Jadeja.

If we don't try out new players then how will create bench strength  or even playing XI strength given such poor performances of many ODI players ?

Raina was dropped because he has been very bad in ODIS in recent times. He did badly against SA last ODI series too and he also does not have a good record in Australia. He barely scored anything in 2012 CB series in Aus or even last time.

Deepak Hooda could be a ver good choice after a year or so.

Is a very big hitter as a lower middle-order batsman. Can hit big sixes.

Averages 41 in List A

Can bowl off-spin and averages 19 in List A .... albeit after only 11 matches.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/497121.html

He maybe a bit raw though and need to play some more domestic cricket and India A games.

Edited by express bowling

http://www.bcci.tv/syed-mushtaq-ali-trophy-2015-16/stats/most-runs

Sanju Samson is in top 5 run getters in SMA trophy. Opening WK/batsman, Jitesh Sharma, from Vidarbha is also good for T20s.

He averages only 27.7  in List A with a SR of 73.9 .

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/425943.html

Any idea why such poor stats for such a talented young  stroke-player ?

Hardik Pandya , Shreyas Iyer and Mayank Agarwal are perhaps the only  names who can play ODIs for India immediately.

Only Pandya would qualify as a lower order big hitter.

Hooda and Negi would be 2 to watch for the future...as lower order big hitters.

Negi is a very big hitter who has a SR of 111 and average of 47 in List A after 17 matches.  Is a spinner too.

Would Gurkeerat Mann qualify as a lower middle order big hitter ?

Manish Pandey is more of a no. 4 or no. 5 stroke player....but not ideal after 43 overs.

Gurkeerat is a proper batsman. He can hit but he is also like Rohit and Kohli. Hooda and Pandya are the ones who I believe can be that hitters at 6 and 7 for us. 

Gurkeerat is a proper batsman. He can hit but he is also like Rohit and Kohli. Hooda and Pandya are the ones who I believe can be that hitters at 6 and 7 for us. 

One is a fast-medium bowler and the other is a spinner. Could give us a good combination too for various conditions.

But, for them to play together, we need a good wicket-keeper batsman at no.5...after Dhoni. I am not confident of Samson yet.

One is a fast-medium bowler and the other is a spinner. Could give us a good combination too for various conditions.

But, for them to play together, we need a good wicket-keeper batsman at no.5...after Dhoni. I am not confident of Samson yet.

Samson too can do that job at 6 of hitting.