Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zen

Netflix

Recommended Posts

What did you guys make of the Defenders?

 

Started slow, followed by 3 or 4 good to very good episodes, but the last two eps were extremely dissapoiting. Poor end, could have been much better.

 

The Punisher looks potentially promising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 4:33 PM, Sooda said:

What did you guys make of the Defenders?

 

Started slow, followed by 3 or 4 good to very good episodes, but the last two eps were extremely dissapoiting. Poor end, could have been much better.

 

The Punisher looks potentially promising

Liked Defenders as a timepass HDR show .... though not as good as Daredevil for e.g.

 

When is the Punisher coming out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Us 9.5/10

 

I usually don't like such series. But, this is us is so real, narration and acting is top class. You can just relate it to your relationship with your siblings and parents. How parents are the most important pioneers in development, and how they can feel useless at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 1:26 PM, wanted_desi said:

This is Us 9.5/10

 

I usually don't like such series. But, this is us is so real, narration and acting is top class. You can just relate it to your relationship with your siblings and parents. How parents are the most important pioneers in development, and how they can feel useless at times. 

it is a very good series in that genre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2017 at 4:33 PM, Sooda said:

What did you guys make of the Defenders?

 

Started slow, followed by 3 or 4 good to very good episodes, but the last two eps were extremely dissapoiting. Poor end, could have been much better.

 

The Punisher looks potentially promising

Saw it so fast that netflix must have felt violated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 4:33 PM, Sooda said:

What did you guys make of the Defenders?

 

Started slow, followed by 3 or 4 good to very good episodes, but the last two eps were extremely dissapoiting. Poor end, could have been much better.

 

The Punisher looks potentially promising

it was all right, but not more. never liked elektra and I felt that this show had too much of her (and Daredevil's relationship with her). Ritter as Jessica Jones was fun to watch, esp her relations with the 3 dudes.

Edited by Vijy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried watching MindHunters, stopped after watching 3 episodes. I thought I would like this series, but just didn't feel like continuing. Will start again later.

 

Finished watching American Vandal today. Liked it. 

 

Before that I watched Narcos and it was really one of the best I have seen. 

 

After Narcos I finished watching Breaking Bad, I had stopped after 3 seasons few years back. Then watched few episodes of Black Mirror. Will continue this later.

 

What else is there? More suggestions please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of shows on Netflix, some good ones:

 

marcella 2, the forest, la mante, the chalet, the frozen dead, frankenstein chronicles,  .... 

 

PS  theme song from the chalet 

 

 

 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binge watched "Sacred Games" in one go. Simply superb. The casting is top notch & it is definitely a lot more than the usual cops & gangster story.

Credit to the author Vikram Chandra who has given so much content to the makers that they're planning to make the novel in a 4 part series comprising a total of 32 episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Binge watched "Sacred Games" in one go. Simply superb. The casting is top notch & it is definitely a lot more than the usual cops & gangster story.

Credit to the author Vikram Chandra who has given so much content to the makers that they're planning to make the novel in a 4 part series comprising a total of 32 episodes.

Just started watching. Looks good but can't understand why the dialogues and narration are in english.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Just started watching. Looks good but can't understand why the dialogues and narration are in english.

Are you based outside of India? Because for international audiences Netflix used dozens of voice over artists.

As I'm in India the dialogues & narration you are talking about were in mostly Hindi. 

Edited by Turning_track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Are you based outside of India? Because for international audiences Netflix used dozens of voice over artists.

As I'm in India the dialogues & narration you are talking about were in mostly Hindi. 

Yeah. nevermind. I changed the audio track. all good now. 

Edited by surajmal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Marathi film “Sairat” on Netflix...

Nice movie, although on familiar plots... Direction and photography is good...

The ending is very unexpected twisted and could be the only highlight of the movie...

(Karan Johar’s “Dhadak” us based on it)

Loved the “Zingaat” song...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Sacred Games. Watched first 3 episodes, skipped the rest to watch the last 2. Ok series, good in parts but also forwarded a lot of chit chat in the episodes that I watched

 

Luke Cage 2. Good one. Watched all episodes but forwarded unnecessary chit chat to focus on themes that I liked 

 

Dark. Time pass series but again skipped a few episodes / FFed to focus on key themes 

 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, asterix said:

Started watching Netflix series “Shooter”...

An ex Marne sniper gets implicated in murder of Ukraine President and attempted murder of US president...

First season was underwhelming but second season is so so good. A lot of good episodes and great storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Deadwind. Good so far 

 

watched one episode of ultraviolet. It appears like a time pass series whose episodes can be watched from time to time when you can’t figure out what to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, mishra said:

Someone gave me userid passwd. :adore:.

 

It expired now :wall:

my friend its 500 rupees @mos for basic subscription

I have HD Subscription for 300 rupees more per month but I only watched English movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Trichromatic said:

Tried watching MindHunters, stopped after watching 3 episodes. I thought I would like this series, but just didn't feel like continuing. Will start again later.

 

Finished watching American Vandal today. Liked it. 

 

Before that I watched Narcos and it was really one of the best I have seen. 

 

After Narcos I finished watching Breaking Bad, I had stopped after 3 seasons few years back. Then watched few episodes of Black Mirror. Will continue this later.

 

What else is there? More suggestions please.

I watched few episode of Anjann but not sure if, its on Amazon fire stick or on Netflix, its kind of interesting  for upto 3 episode only but after that its same old pattern, its better to watch all English movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×