Hyderabad Phd student commits suicide

coffee_rules

@bulbul

I know this is Dig Vijay Singh , but his comments also corroborate what the Hyderabad student said .And as far as I know no one from BJP has denied this events either .

http://m.firstpost.com/india/not-suicide-but-murder-rohith-vemulas-suicide-unites-students-politicians-against-bjp-2589826.html

Sorry dont trust Digvijay Singh...

You still didnt answered why students supporting a terrorist like Yakub??

Edited by bulbul

Sorry dont trust Digvijay Singh...

You still didnt answered why student...supporting a terrorist like Yakub??

Again their version they only offered funeral practice (as the article below I posted says ) Yakub Khan

And the posters meant to have said if don't uproot the root cause of terrorism and just hang people it will create only more Yakub Khan .And more so against the death penalty

Now if isnt true and they have crossed University rules its upto the university to take action.

The university it has clarified in the article that there are no anti-national activities from the students

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/uoh-asked-to-explain-antinational-activities/article8023952.ece

So why question is why the Central ministers getting involved in independent university issues .

And did they force them change their decision and punish students because of ABVP political ideologies

This article was published before Smith Irani wrote the fifth letter

The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has its eyes fixed on University of Hyderabad, a central varsity that has 3,500 students. In four letters of enquiry sent over three months beginning September, the Ministry has sought responses from UoH administration on “anti-national activities” on its campus.

Also under MHRD questioning which levels serious allegations that relates to nationalism, is a curious question about an internal squabble among two student groups, which had allegedly led to an “attack on Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), president, N. Susheel Kumar”.

Interestingly, the MHRD queries got its trigger from a strongly worded letter written by Union Minister of State for Labour Bandaru Dattatreya to Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani alleging that the campus has become a “den of casteist, extremist and anti-national politics”. The letter points to a funeral prayer allegedly offered by a student outfit of UoH Ambedkar Students Association (ASA) on the day Yakub Memon was hanged.

Varsity denies charges

University of Hyderabad’s administration denied the charges. “There were no anti-national activities on this campus and I can vouch for all my students and faculty. They have not and will not indulge in antinational activities,” said P. Appa Rao, Vice-Chancellor of the University.

Moreover, faculty members of University of Hyderabad Teachers Association vouched for protests on campus. “Universities are democratic spaces where different modes of protests should take place,” said K. Laxminarayana of University of Hyderabad Teachers’ Association.

Students who organised the protest against capital punishment and also disruption of Muzzafarnagar screening by ABVP in Delhi University said: “We are people who believe in the Constitution. Why will we go anti-national?” said S. Munna, a student leader.

The ASA students, with the help of faculty , embers have now filed a writ petition in Hyderabad High Court against charges levelled against them.

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/uoh-asked-to-explain-antinational-activities/article8023952.ece

While the HRD Ministry has decided to send a fact-finding team to “look into the matter”, The Indian Express spoke to Rohith’s friends and faculty on campus, police and officials to piece together the sequence of events in the run-up to his death. It shows how Rohith was steadily isolated by campus authorities and his appeals — many of them anguished and sometimes cloaked in irony — went largely unheard.

Consider this:

* From July, the university stopped paying Rohith his monthly stipend of Rs 25,000 (excluding HRA), with friends alleging that he was targeted for raising issues under the banner of Ambedkar Students Association (ASA). A university official denied the allegation, blaming the delay on “paperwork”.

* On August 5, the university set up an inquiry against Rohith and four other ASA members, two days after they allegedly assaulted ABVP leader N Susheel Kumar.

* On August 17, Dattatreya wrote to HRD Minister urging action and claiming that the “Hyderabad University… has in the recent past, become a den of casteist, extremist and anti-national politics”.

* After a series of flip-flops, the five were suspended in September. On December 17, the decision was upheld.

* On January 3, after the sanction was confirmed, the five moved out of their hostel rooms to a tent they set up inside the campus and began a “relay hunger protest”.

* On Sunday, police recovered a “suicide note” in the room where Rohith hanged himself. It read: “I feel a growing gap between my soul and my body. And I have become a monster.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/behind-dalit-student-suicide-how-his-university-campus-showed-him-the-door/

What was the need of the Union minister

Dattatreya to write a letter to University if not to influence the inquiry?

Sanghis on this site haven't changed as expected despite the government being a walking disaster in all realms. A suppressed student commits suicide because his scholarship was cut off and he was suspended by HRD minister at the behest of another minister and all these Sanghis can talk about is whether he was a Dalit or not and whether he protested against capital punishment.

I think it has come to light he is OBC. His brothers (same father) birth certificate is circulating around social media which defines him as OBC

Issue might be falsification of certificate if true. All his protesting just put the spotlight on him which may have resulted in people discovering that he was not SC.

When my father heard this guys name on the news, his first reaction was to say he was OBC. The reason being my uncle (fathers brother) got admission in the 70s on the OBC quota in a college in Nagpur. His best friend (still is) had the surname of Vemula which was common in areas of Maharashtra and AP which formed part of Nizam state who was also selected on the OBC quota.

Lets wait to confirm what his caste is....but my money is on OBC. 

If he is OBC then it raises big issues on the process of SC certificates cause Vemula is a prominent Obc group. Its akin so somebody like Munde in Maharashtra claiming to be SC. The college needs to be investigated on how they even gave this guy a scholarship no less. Clearly he was blocking the path of a deserving SC candidate (regardless of political views).

Edited by G_B_

I think it has come to light he is OBC. His brothers (same father) birth certificate is circulating around social media which defines him as OBC

Issue might be falsification of certificate if true. All his protesting just put the spotlight on him which may have resulted in people discovering that he was not SC.

When my father heard this guys name on the news, his first reaction was to say he was OBC. The reason being my uncle (fathers brother) got admission in the 70s on the OBC quota in a college in Nagpur. His best friend (still is) had the surname of Vemula which was common in areas of Maharashtra and AP which formed part of Nizam state who was also selected on the OBC quota.

Lets wait to confirm what his caste is....but my money is on OBC. 

If he is OBC then it raises big issues on the process of SC certificates cause Vemula is a prominent Obc group. Its akin so somebody like Munde in Maharashtra claiming to be SC. The college needs to be investigated on how they even gave this guy a scholarship no less. Clearly he was blocking the path of a deserving SC candidate (regardless of political views).

Again any link that says it .

There are hundreds of links in the media that mentions he is a Dalit

Has anyone credible from BJP raised this issue? Even BJP says he is a Dalit .So for what should we wait for clarification exactly?Becoz of some Photoshop in social media without any credibility?

This is proper Conspiracy theory trying to throw mud on someone to discredit him without any proof .

Bit ingenious this.Trying to turn attention to the victim when the question is why did BJP ministers influence University VC and inquiry committee in forcing them to suspend the 5 students .

The sad thing is if not for the suicide this dictatorship of BJP to influence universities with their ideological agenda wouldn't even have come to light in MSM

Question marks are being raised about the alleged assault of an ABVP leader at the centre of the row over the suspension of five Dalit students, including Rohith Vemula who committed suicide last Sunday, at the University of Hyderabad.

Last August, ABVP leader Nandanam Susheel Kumar alleged he was assaulted by members of the Ambedkar Students Association (ASA) in his hostel room. But the report of Archana Hospital in Madinaguda where he was admitted by his brother Vishnu Kumar on August 4 “with alleged history of assault” states he was operated upon for acute appendicitis on August 7.

Dr Anupama Rao, Senior Medical Officer of the University of Hyderabad who, along with then Vice Chancellor R P Sharma, visited Susheel Kumar on

August 8 — a day after the surgery — told The Indian Express Tuesday: “After collecting all the medical reports of Susheel Kumar and examining them, I could not reach the conclusion that he developed appendicitis due to the alleged assault. There was one line that there was a bruise on his left shoulder. I could not say if he was allegedly punched or beaten up. I did not examine him as he did not come to me and the hospital’s report does not mention that he had any external or visible injury.”

According to Dr Rao, the resident doctor and general physician at the hospital said they could not conclusively establish if the appendicitis deteriorated after Susheel Kumar was allegedly punched.

Dr Chenna Reddy, general physician at the Archana Hospital, said in his report: “26-year-old male admitted with alleged history of assault at 2.30 am on August 4. Complains of pain in abdomen and SOB (shortness of breath). Patient managed conservatively for two days in hospital. Suddenly, patient complained of severe abdomen pain in right iliac fossa with history of loose stool.

USG abdomen taken on August 7 show acute appendicitis. PAC and surgical profile done, patient taken up for surgery. Diagnostic Lap and Appendectomy done under GA on August 7. Patient improved well and discharged with stable vitals.”

Dr Rao said the first question she asked Susheel Kumar was why he did not go to the 24x7 University Health Centre if he was feeling unwell after being allegedly punched in the abdomen.

“I asked him that question as it was past midnight when the incident happened and the nearest hospital was the campus health centre. He said that the ASA students did not allow him to go towards the health centre. He also said that fearing another assault, he had fled outside the campus from where he called his brother who came to pick him up and admit to hospital,” Dr Rao said.

“That night may be he felt unwell after the incident that is why he had to visit the hospital. Hospital records also show he complained of nausea, difficulty in breathing, and abdomen pain when he was admitted. Much later, we came to know that he also had appendicitis,” she said.

Duty Security Officer (DSO) Dilip Singh, who was the first to reach Susheel’s hostel room that night after receiving a call, said in his report that when he reached the spot, he saw ASA cadres and Susheel Kumar in a discussion.

“I did not see ASA members beating Susheel. At least it did not happen in front of me. Susheel agreed to give an apology letter and also apologise on FB (Facebook). We all proceeded to the security office where the matter could be settled. When Susheel was in the security jeep, some ASA members tried to pull him out during which the bruise on his left shoulder may have occurred and his shirt was torn,” Singh said.

Based on the reports by Dr Rao and Singh, the proctorial board first recommended that five students of ASA, including Rohith Vemula, be given strict warning not to indulge in such behaviour, and a warning to Susheel Kumar to desist from posting inflammatory comments.

On August 3,1 the proctorial board changed its stand and, based on Dr Rao’s report and statement of Susheel Kumar, it recommended suspension of Rohith Vemula, Dontha Prashanth, P Vijay Kumar, Sheshu Chemudugunta, and Velmula Sunkanna.

News : Hyderabad student’s suicide: ABVP leader claimed stomach pain after ‘assault,’ was operated for appendicitis

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/hyderabad-students-suicide-abvp-leader-claimed-stomach-pain-after-assault-was-operated-for-appendicitis/

. The college needs to be investigated on how they even gave this guy a scholarship no less. Clearly he was blocking the path of a deserving SC candidate (regardless of political views).

Rohith Vemula, the PhD scholar whose suicide has led to massive unrest, had got his admission to the University of Hyderabad (UoH) on general merit quota although he had declared himself as Scheduled Caste (SC) in his admission form.

Top cops who are probing the case said that Rohith had not provided proof of his being a SC because he was not required to. "Since he got admission on merit, there was no need for him to prove his SC credentials," a police officer said.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Merit-and-not-SC-status-got-Rohith-Vemula-into-University-of-Hyderabad/articleshow/50647174.cms

He definitely was blocking the path of deserving SC candidate by getting seat in general quota .

Sanghis really are thick!

The thread, discussion, and context are not about me but the poor guy who committed suicide due to the Modi ministry. 

Now go back and check in this thread how many posts there are invoking his protest against the hanging of Yakub and present me the count. That will get you started on the 'teaching Sanghis how to count' initiative launched by The Outsider.

Okay, my mistake, deep apologies.

But the question still stands why can't you count a protests against death penalty for terrorist who caused so many innocents death is a small matter?

Also there are 5 students suspended , its unfortunate this guy lost positivity in life why this turning to be a attack against Dalits?

Okay, my mistake, deep apologies.

But the question still stands why can't you count a protests against death penalty for terrorist who caused so many innocents death is a small matter?

Also there are 5 students suspended , its unfortunate this guy lost positivity in life why this turning to be a attack against Dalits?

Because all 5 suspended students belong to a minority upliftment organization? Duh?

And before you say why I didn't reply to your first question, the answer is I have no fucking clue what you are asking.

Because all 5 suspended students belong to a minority upliftment organization? Duh?

And before you say why I didn't reply to your first question, the answer is I have no fucking clue what you are asking.

So if he didn't died then no one need to bother about Dalits? this is what problem in this country nobody want to solve root causes, just use every opportunity to score political points.

Question is what's in wrong in hanging Yakub memon who is convicted in terror attack?

So if he didn't died then no one need to bother about Dalits? this is what problem in this country nobody want to solve root causes, just use every opportunity to score political points.

Question is what's in wrong in hanging Yakub memon who is convicted in terror attack?

Certainly Sanghis don't care about Dalits. Their ministers have been caught pants down in abetting suicide in this case. Only reason Dalits have improved is Nehru and Ambedkar.

What's wrong in hanging Yakub? If you ask me it doesn't fit the rarest of rare clause defined by the SC. But the more important point is whether it is wrong or right, it doesn't give you the right to use state apparatus against a protest.