Atleast someone has balls asking to dethrone Dhoni deservedly

MCcricket

Who should be groomed after Kohi  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who has captaincy potential

• Rohit
    • Ashwin
    • Rahane

A. The fact is you can't produce good Pace bowlers.. We all saw how well they did... Maxwell smashed those Minnows out of the part.

B. Everyone is different you don't expect everyone to show there Emotions.. May be you know more cricket than them... Did you try playing for the Team ?

C. Kohli Bats for Batsmen and Bowls for Bowlers very well said :hysterical:

:hmmm:

Chock ? He faced 3 balls :facepalm:

Who really chocked was the players after him :giggle: Obviously some people can't see it 

Leaving out Rahane.. That pretty much shows how much the Team is dependent on him 

3 down > 7 wics to go still couldn't get 75 runs ??? 

I will remember next time that getting out within 3 balls doesn't qualify as a choke even during a comfortable position.

anyways  why is it hard to accept that Dhoni is done.....can't hit to save his life anymore 

You are bit sensible out of them all.. I wasn't expecting this of you though to be honest :giggle:

--------------

@New guy

If i have to pick out stuff i can already 

"I can give this in writing that Kohli can transform the Indian team within 1-2 years" - what Happened in 1st Test in SL ? After the Big big first Innings Lead ? 

Should we all blame him ??? If that was MSD you prob would have :hysterical:

"

I will take a loss 100 times when a captain tries to be attacking and loses. 

There is no lack of talent but talent too takes time to blossom. Kohli didn't start winning matches from game one, was dropped after 15 matches nor Dhoni.

Rkt u have to talk to guys who understand logic not blind lovers, this guys is defending a looser, he has been here since less or around a year n talking as if he has been here since 10 years, I was not personal so u better not be, whoever u R, How does the same team win under Virat, answer this question rather then talking shit

Why this back and forth?  Whats the harm in accepting that Dhoni choked?  Someone of his calibre should not have played the shot that he did to get out, at that stage.  It was very poor shot selection, and to me, was a reflection of how much pressure he was under.  

I dont understand how the rest of batting lineup just folded like a cheap tent.  What about the vaunted IPL experience blah blah for Gurkeerat and Dhawan.  Fact is, on a flat track, run a ball or so, with 3 or 4 down, you expect a team to get it done.  They weren't really going up against top-shelf bowling of Malcolm Marshall and Holding.  And all the batsmen share that responsibility.  

Tragic game to lose for Team India - they will probably get white-washed in a one-sided 5th ODI at this point.  

I'd like to hear the Shikhar Dhawan bashers who wanted him dropped to chime in on this game.  I thought he played really well today.

And that's the thing - players  will have bad games and performances here and there - question is how trigger happy do you want to be with cursing them out and hyping up the next lollipop-trundling all-round hope.   

Lets all just stop blaming bowling, fielding n lack of experience

Fielding-  These are the same fielder who field in test cricket n there we play mishra, vijay n ashwin every games n they very slow fielder. Yet our Test fielding looks sharper. If u see everyone interview in SL n sa test series they all mentioned kohli asked all of them to give extra time to close catching n slip fielding. In sl i rem before every match kohli making everyone practice slip n knowing he the worst slip fielder he also putted extra effort. That motivates the players to also do well. This ODi side has better fielder. They just look lost. Its sign of the way captain is feeling. Not confident. Even though MS himself is sharp behind the stumps but he is not able to motivate team on field like he use to.

Bowling- Why are we blaming our bowling. Our bowling has been trashy for 50 yrs. But Same bowlers in test cricket i mean fast bowler looks different bowlers on dead pitches. Eg- A bowler like binny under Dhoni cudnt buy a wkt in Lords test were pitch was green n the ball was dukes. Same binny under kohli bowls longer spell in SL with old Kookabura ball n takes wkts also keeps a check on runs. As far as this series goes aus bowling hasnt been gud either. They arent even the main bowling attack but its the way Steve smith is using them. Today all his bowlers were getting wacked. Yet he made Richardson, hasting n lyon finsih their over early. HE was playing a 40 over game but MS keeps them till last even when a wkt falls , he changes the bowler. I bet give this attack to Mcclumm, Smith, Mortaza n Kohli they ll do better. Our bowling have always been trashy but we use to defend totals well. 2 spinner startegy in aus n bringing only 4 fast bowler. U cant make bowler scapegoats all the time . Why is no questioning this stupid startegy. Why axar was selected when their already jadeja.  Im sorry Captain is more than responsible. IF ur bowling lacks accuracy , why to go for choking runs startegy go 4 wkts startegy. Selectors are asked to play dhawal, kalaria, arvind , mohit in India A games in Odi. 

Batting- Last yr we kept shuffling kohli batting order. Forgot sake he is our bets batsman n it cud have srsly changed 4-5 games. Why to Fix something that aint broken. We have continuously backed Raina n jadeja n kept raydu on bench . So in Past 5 yrs have we even built the middle or lower middle order. Raina cant play short ball. Jadeja bats at 7 n i dnt remember him hitting sixes in aus , forget that u can count no of games he has done well with bat in 7-8 yrs.  Raydu Well he didnt have the ability n Dhoni did believe that but he was taken as passenger everywere. We cud have groomed few more player. So raina cant play, Jadeja lack ability, dhoni in his last leg. Wow there is no middle or lower middle order. Look at other teams- maxwell , faulkner, stokes, marsh, buttler, duminy, corey anderson, shakib. 

Lets not blame we have bad quality player so we lost 

Rubbish absolute rubbish , We are not worst than bangaldesh , west indies n sri lanka. 

IF a captain wants to back wrong player after many failure m sorry ur playing wrong team . N ur strategy is at fault

There is no lack of talent but talent too takes time to blossom. Kohli didn't start winning matches from game one, was dropped after 15 matches nor Dhoni.

This guy wants ready made shirt oops players, or cake out of bakery u dumbo maybe 5% players will start as they belong in international cricket, what n idiot, u destroy their moral n then want them to be ready made cookies lol,players

Rkt u have to talk to guys who understand logic not blind lovers, this guys is defending a looser, he has been here since less or around a year n talking as if he has been here since 10 years, I was not personal so u better not be, whoever u R, How does the same team win under Virat, answer this question rather then talking shit

Without going into all this blame game....

In a professional world, everyone has to do their job and deliver.

Cricket is a professional sport nowadays....it is the captain's job to win more times than lose in the recent past.

As Dhoni has lost many  more series than winning in the last 2 and a half years in ODIs, the job of captaincy should be given to someone else. ....in this case Kohli.

Then Kohli too has to deliver...if he loses more often than not in the next 2 to 3 years then someone else should become the captain.

This is not really a decision based on personal likes or dislikes ...but a professional decision.

I'm not a Dhoni fan at all. He is a problem. But he is just one of many problems.

I just don't see how by getting rid of Dhoni and making Virat captain, Jadeja will become a big hitting dependable finisher. How are string of all rounders who can neither bat nor bowl, will suddenly turn into game winners. How Umesh will suddenly become a consistent bowler who can be trusted to bowl to his field. How Ishant will finally use his 8 years of international experience to turn into a thinking bowler. How Bhuvi will once again start bowling immaculate swinging deliveries on ideal line and length. 

Sensible post 

But the Problem is do we keep on changing captains where we are clearly Ignoring the Shitty Bowling , Fielding and Shitty Lower Order batting...

The idea is not to change the captain often...but after giving them a long enough run to prove their ability.

Since Dhoni was a very good captain till 2011 and won the World Cup...he deserved a longer rope. 

But there comes a time when the hard decision has to be taken.

Our bowlers are not good and that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed too by the selectors

I believe that our problem with lower order big  hitters can be solved more easily by giving chance to a few big hitters and giving them some time to prove themselves. 

I'm not a Dhoni fan at all. He is a problem. But he is just one of many problems.

I just don't see how by getting rid of Dhoni and making Virat captain, Jadeja will become a big hitting dependable finisher. How are string of all rounders who can neither bat nor bowl, will suddenly turn into game winners. How Umesh will suddenly become a consistent bowler who can be trusted to bowl to his field. How Ishant will finally use his 8 years of international experience to turn into a thinking bowler. How Bhuvi will once again start bowling immaculate swinging deliveries on ideal line and length. 

Captaincy is the biggest problem for sure and Dhoni is the most tenured. You cannot keep targeting the new comers like Gurpreet and make them scapegoats and ignore the elephant in the room. Change should come from the top

Captaincy is the biggest problem for sure and Dhoni is the most tenured. You cannot keep targeting the new comers like Gurpreet and make them scapegoats and ignore the elephant in the room. Change should come from the top

I am absolutely in favor of Kohli leading in all formats. But I'm saying that our ODI struggles are not going vanish just by having Virat as captain. When experienced guys like Ishant and Jadeja are making the mistakes that they are, not much is going to change. Even Umesh has now played 56 ODIs. What can poor Kohli do to motivate him?

After worldcup:

Lost to bng by 79 runs

Lost to bng by 6 wickets

Won against bng by 77 runs

Lost to sa by 5 runs

Won against sa by 22 runs

Lost to sa by 18 runs

Won against sa by 35 runs

Lost to sa by 214 runs

Lost to aus by 5 wickets

Lost to aus by 7 wickets

Lost to aus by 3 wickets

Lost to aus by 25 runs

Better to change captain before team is dragged down to much lower levels.

Edited by renjith

We saw it well Today Not even one of them can handle pressure at the moment when it needs Ball to Run.. i think taking MSD off Bottom order just makes it even worse.. I just can't see Raina doing the job all around the world at #6.. He is ok at Home but IDK outside Asia..

People can scream and Shout all they want here.. Its clear he will stay as Captain Till T20's for Sure. Since we will Play SL series at Home.. If that was Last ODI series before T20 WC.. Who knows he may just walk away like Tests on a good note.. 

Main problem is I just don't see any players at the moment who can do better Down the line.. 

It will take good amount of time considering #6 and #7 is very hard since they are always under pressure and Most of the time has to go from Ball #1

Dhoni will stay till the T20 WC...that is a given. It is a question of what happens after that.

Today...if we see,

Rahane was injured,

Rishi is not international class in all probability and Pandya should have been chosen,

Gurkeerat failed today but he is new and needs more time. Even Rahane got out to a horrible shot in his first or second ODI....but matured after a couple of years.

Dhoni is not in form now. 

Jaddu is more of a bowler who can bat and can play only at no.8

If we introduce guys like Pandya and Iyer along with Gurkeerat....and give them time ...we may find a couple of good hitters.