Who do you prefer at no.4 in ODIs? Manish or Ajinkya?

Lannister

Well ill prefer Pandey At 4, Rahane in middle order can only play well at certain kind of pitches also some other factors

1. A 4 no player mostly gets 25-30 over . Wateevr amount of over i get. Among pandey and rahane, pandey will score more.

2. Chasing totals. Well this big total, rahane wnt b able to chase in his wildest of dreams

3. Rahane does struggle wen pitches are slow and teams have spinners. HE struggles to get in. Bang series he was caught. Pandey plays well in middle.

4. Pandey Has lot more shots. Coz in some cases , were u need to accerlate and a lot of times rahane had to be demoted or not even sent but same wnt b Pandey case.

5. my biggest problem with rahane is he doesnt convert his starts. Whole sa series he got starts not even once he got a big one. 

6. When it comes to strength and firepower rahane makes this batting order look week in middle. N manish has tempermanet to bat long . No point batting him low n giving him less balls. HE is not raina. 

7. Rahane i have always felt is bets suited to open. 

But we ll go the Normal way and MAke rahane bat at 4 and pandey 5. Also wats imp is we need someone at 5,6 who can bowl few over like mann,raina, yuvraj, hooda. Since there is rohit kohli dhawan and wk batsman who wnt bowl n we need more than 5 bowlers. Specially if we want to play hardik pandya over Jadeja. Coz u cnt expect hardik pandya to come into int cricket and give u 10 overs. That forces u to play jadeja at 7. 

Harsha Bhogle was saying during commentary that Manish Pandey is known in domestic circles as someone who can play during critical situations and important matches and win it for his team.

Manish gave a glimpse of that ability today.

I really like such players and they are needed the most by teams.  

Mannish played crucial knocks for Karnataka in many Ranji matches.Also he is a big match player,His attacking century in 2010 Ranji final against Mumbai on a green top is one example.

Harsha Bhogle was saying during commentary that Manish Pandey is known in domestic circles as someone who can play during critical situations and important matches and win it for his team.

such player who perform in pressure situations are always a delight

Wats commendable that he finished the match. He has shots and he can bat throught. Can shift gears rapildy as well. 

When i saw his 1st ipl match one thing that stoodout was his ability to play bounce.

For me he is a better no 4 than rahane. 

Pandey batting at 4 can make a lot of lot of match winning tons

Wats commendable that he finished the match. He has shots and he can bat throught. Can shift gears rapildy as well. 

When i saw his 1st ipl match one thing that stoodout was his ability to play bounce.

Both of them at 4 or 5 for short term. If Raina comes into some kind of form, we would like to be able to fit him in at 5 or 6, and then theres a WK bat so tough to fit both AR and MP... I'd think Pandey is a naturally more quick scorer in the middle overs?

SD, RS, VK, AR, MP, N Ojha, H Pandya, R Jadeja, Ashwin/Umesh, Shami, Jaspreet

Pandey has great temperament and he showed it today. Ann glad he will get an extended run, deserves it more than Rayudu. He doesn't have the greatest technique, but is more than good enough to audition for the#5 spot. Funny how everyone had shikhar as an automatic selection after a couple of good games.

Pandey has great temperament and he showed it today. Ann glad he will get an extended run, deserves it more than Rayudu. He doesn't have the greatest technique, but is more than good enough to audition for the#5 spot. Funny how everyone had shikhar as an automatic selection after a couple of good games.

Not sure about Pandey too much. 1 good innings does not mean everything is hunky-dory. Rahane has also done fairly well this series. I'd have Rahane at 4 (a la Dravid) and Pandey at 5. The problem, however, is that Dhobi can't bat at 6 anymore. The alternative, which I rather like is to have Rahane and Rohit open, Kohli at 3, Dhobi at 4, Pandey at 5, and find a power hitter at 6. The issue however is that Dhawan has been one of India's more successful ODI bats since his comeback

This point is very interesting. If he is good at playing bounce then that is another big plus.