Deodhar Trophy

Mosher

LOL, not a bad idea. Is he williing to join us?

How is the match going?

Who knows ;) ?

Match is going fine. Rayudu and Rassool put together a good partnership of approx 100 runs after being around 30/5 but Rayudu feel, slogging against Negi. Tail exposed now.

He is not express by any means. He can jag the ball back in. That's how he got those 3 bowled wickets. If he can bowl upto 145K with an avg. speed of 140K that will be good enough I guess. 

Nathu Singh has many interesting qualities.

He is tall and will generate bounce when he will put in extra effort. ( I missed his first spell, I think you said he bowled some good bouncers )

He is looking like an accurate bowler and is not spraying the ball around despite being a rookie.

He is bowling fast-medium at age 20 which is not bad for the Indian body. ( which becomes fit for fast bowling after 23 or 24 )

BUT

He should not have been hyped up as genuine fast bowler. He is not there yet and it will put a lot of pressure on the young lad when people will be disappointed seeing his current speeds.

Otherwise, Cummins clocked 150 at the age of 17. Among Indians Ishant clocked 150 at the age of 19 but lost that pace after one year. Monu kumar in last U19 world cup clocked 140 at 19. Ankit Rakpoot clocked 139 at 19. Rajpoot 2-3 years later is consistently quicker. In SMA trophy final, he looked really. Hitting quickest at 142, consistently in 135-138 range which is good for a 21-22 year old bowler because  he still has 2-3 years before he could reach his peak pace if he keeps bowling like this and does not get any major injury. I saw Bumrah clocking 144 at 20 in IPL.

He clocked around 147 recently. Seems to be on his way to regaining it... or getting close enoug.

But people like Dravid, Sandeep Patil and many ex-cricketers who have seen him bowl, think there is something special about him. This is also his 1st season in domestic cricket. Need to give him more time to develop.

Sure. He should be given time and encouragement to develop. Not denying that but the hype made about this guy in this forum made me believe that he was ready to run through international teams and scare the batsmen. After watching him live, I gotta say that he is nothing of that sort.

Nathu Singh has many interesting qualities.

He is tall and will generate bounce when he will put in extra effort. ( I missed his first spell, I think you said he bowled some good bouncers )

He is looking like an accurate bowler and is not spraying the ball around despite being a rookie.

He is bowling fast-medium at age 20 which is not bad for the Indian body. ( which becomes fit for fast bowling after 23 or 24 )

BUT

He should not have been hyped up as genuine fast bowler. He is not there yet and it will put a lot of pressure on the young lad when people will be disappointed seeing his current speeds.

Indians are so desperate fir pace, they'll hype anyone as a genuine fast bowler. Someone told me recently that Mohinder Amarnath was fast-medium! If Jimmy was indeed "fast-medium" then every current Indian trundler is express pace! People are also hyping Pandya up as genuine quick, just because he hits 140s on occasion. Some perspective is reqd.

Waqar was bowling 150 or thereabouts at 18-19.

I was impressed with his speeds in the last 2 ODIs. 

Aye.

Sure. He should be given time and encouragement to develop. Not denying that but the hype made about this guy in this forum made me believe that he was ready to run through international teams and scare the batsmen. After watching him live, I gotta say that he is nothing of that sort.

That's what I thought too. That we had some pace bowling red hot sensation.

Actually we rarely get any FAST bowlers , let alone at 23 or 24 :--D

We are getting a few these days.

Those who end up being fast...do so only after 23 or 24.

It is one thing touching 145 k or 148 k once in a while ( which even nathu has done ) but bowling 140 k + for a high % of deliveries is fast bowling and that requires at least 23 or 24 yeaares of age for  Indians

We are getting a few these days.

Those who end up being fast...do so only after 23 or 24.

It is one thing touching 145 k or 148 k once in a while ( which even nathu has done ) but bowling 140 k + for a high % of deliveries is fast bowling and that requires at least 23 or 24 yeaares of age for  Indians

We've had only 5 bowlers thus far (in international cricket) that have touched the 150 kmph barrier, even if only once.

Indians are so desperate fir pace, they'll hype anyone as a genuine fast bowler. Someone told me recently that Mohinder Amarnath was fast-medium! If Jimmy was indeed "fast-medium" then every current Indian trundler is express pace! People are also hyping Pandya up as genuine quick, just because he hits 140s on occasion. Some perspective is reqd.

Waqar was bowling 150 or thereabouts at 18-19.

Jimmy's deliveries seemed  slower than his run-up   , which was very slow    :cantstop:

Waqar was as much a 19 year old at debut as Afridi is a 27 year old today.       :giggle:

Jimmy's deliveries seemed  slower than his run-up   , which was very slow    :cantstop:

Waqar was as much a 19 year old at debut as Afridi is a 27 year old today.       :giggle:

A true trundler. Trundler of Trundlers indeed.

Huh? I thought Afridi was only 25? I never realized he was that "old".

Piss-hant was touching 150 at 19. Srinath was very fast at 20 or so. But these are more of exceptions I think.

You remember Ishant's first test. He was only bowling 130-135, never really went quicker than that. He played in Sydney, there too, he was bowling at around 135K only. Even at Perth he was mainly 135-138K range but he got seam off the deck. But after that spell to Ponting, suddenly got something into him and he bowled very quick at Adelaide, his quickest in that test was 147 and he kept getting better and in triseries, he clocked up to 152. His pace stayed up for about 1 year but as soon as he lost that rhythm he was in, he lost that pace.